• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

PNW Underwater Treasure Hunt - Booth! NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply
214 replies to this topic

#31 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 March 2005 - 10:49 AM

OK! That's about all the excitement I can take!  Start letting me in on those secrets!  :birthday:

Secret #1: Long underwear.. These wear great under the drysuit.. Just like under your snow pants..
Secret #2: Wool Socks......
Just layer like you would if you were heading out for a snow trip.....

Great secrets! I think I'll dig out that old skiing stuff...see I just knew I needed to keep it for a reason! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#32 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:20 AM

Ok Ron, when you work the booth you can keep the guy you want too...

:birthday:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#33 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:28 AM

OK! That's about all the excitement I can take!  Start letting me in on those secrets!  :birthday:

Secret #1: Long underwear.. These wear great under the drysuit.. Just like under your snow pants..

Make sure the long johns and socks fit snug, you don't want baggy undergarments trapping air. I deliberately bought long johns a size too small for that purpose. Marine supply stores are good places to shop for both the undergarments and socks. That is of course in addition to the regular drysuit undergarment.

Edited by Brinybay, 15 March 2005 - 11:30 AM.

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#34 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:35 AM

Great secrets! I think I'll dig out that old skiing stuff...see I just knew I needed to keep it for a reason! :birthday:

Ski stuff may work as long as it's not the outergarments which would be too bulky and trap too much air. My first drysuit was a neoprene that didn't come with undergarments. I tried to use a pair of farmer-john snow pants and they trapped so much air that 50lbs of lead couldn't keep me down. I finally settled on expedition-weight long johns that I bought at REI.

#35 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 11:54 AM

That would be great...but I'm not sure I'm worth the $60 an hour you get for the ride my dear! :birthday:

Understandable. I don't see the $60 anyway, that goes to my boss. All I see is the commission and tip, if any.

#36 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:01 PM

Thanks Greg,
I forget that there are different drysuits. I dive neoprene and my tight long john bottoms and top work great for me. My suit does not come with undergarments and I am able to use what ever I want. I had a buddy who wore sweat pants under his neo drysuit. I do go with tighter fitting stuff.. Don't need any extra bulk. but I find the layering works best for me to keep warm.. If the weather is really cold I also use polypro (really thin) under gloves and socks.. I found mine at the local dive shop but also found them at the sporting goods store.
I also like to use a tight spandex type tank top.
WW I hope this helps..
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#37 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:03 PM

I have Rick lined up for the Bandito dive for myself and Kamala, anyone else want in call Rick at 253 973 0370 to reserve your spot. this is on may 1st.

Need more details:

Time (meet time and dive time)
Location (meet place and dive site)
Cost
Payment due date

#38 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 12:06 PM

My van will take 2 with gear as i only have 2 front seats, unless you want Kamala on your lap?

She can sit on my lap, I won't mind. :birthday:

#39 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:34 PM

Nicole, what are you driving these days, can it fit the three of us with gear? My van will take 2 with gear as i only have 2 front seats, unless you want Kamala on your lap?
Gis gal, do you have room for 3 of us, or should we think motel 6?

Ron, I drive a Honda CRV and easily have room for 6 tanks, 3 drysuit divers, gear, and overnight bags (Kamala, whatever gear you need is on me, tanks, weights...etc.). Kamala, if you fly into Portland I live very close to the airport and can pick you up. You can stay with me and then we can meet up with Ron to pack and travel North early Saturday.

Colleen, have sleeping bag will travel (give Kamala the bed). I have no issue with pets and will be a great house guest!!!

I'll call Rick this week to reserve my spot on the boat. Good idea about the boat dives and I am certainly looking forward to it as I haven't been in the Puget Sound since last August! What sites have been discussed anyone know?

Let me know if I am missing anything and Kamala let me know where you're flying into! :)

Sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend!!! :teeth: Any SDers outside of the PNW wanna join us!!?? Come on So'Cal, you can make the trek!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#40 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 01:58 PM

Sounds like it's going to be a fun weekend!!! :teeth: Any SDers outside of the PNW wanna join us!!?? Come on So'Cal, you can make the trek!

Yes, any CA or other OR divers want to head to Seattle?
It would be great to take over the Bandito boat with just SD divers. The crew is awesome :D
I have lots of floor and a big yard/parking area. So will find room for everyone who needs it.
I am trying to contact Rick to get the low down on Sunday's trip. If we fill the boat I am sure we can pick our dive sites.. :)

#41 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 02:19 PM

Ok for those of you not familier with Bandito Charters.

www.banditocharters.com

They list dive sites and everything you might want to ask about their operation.
All it takes to fill a boat is 10 - 14 divers.. I know we can find at least 10.

Maybe they would let us fly a SD flag below their flag????

The only site I will not dive is Delco Wall.. So if that is the destination I will sit it out.
KVI is a great dive..Anyone else have any suggestions??

#42 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 15 March 2005 - 05:07 PM

KVI, Sunrise, Day Island Wall, Z's Reef, and any of the Point Defiance dives.

I'd like to hear other opinions too. I think Day Island would be a real treat on a day with little exchange! But, I think if we are able to choose sites, we would have to choose two that work together (close distance). I'd have to look at a map to see where the various sites are in relation to one another. To show off the PNW, I'd suggest picking two solid decent dives, than one great one and one mediocre one.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#43 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:08 PM

Yes, any CA or other OR divers want to head to Seattle?
If we fill the boat I am sure we can pick our dive sites.. :welcome:

I think there's one or two from Idaho lurking about too.

#44 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 07:14 PM

KVI, Sunrise, Day Island Wall, Z's Reef, and any of the Point Defiance dives.

I'd like to hear other opinions too. I think Day Island would be a real treat on a day with little exchange! But, I think if we are able to choose sites, we would have to choose two that work together (close distance). I'd have to look at a map to see where the various sites are in relation to one another. To show off the PNW, I'd suggest picking two solid decent dives, than one great one and one mediocre one.

My general rule of thumb is if it can be done as a shore dive, I won't pay a charter to take me there. Exception is Sunrise since it is a bit of a hike. I'll also make an exception for Day Island in this case.

#45 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 15 March 2005 - 09:56 PM

china wall, blakely rock and possesion pt ferry are 3 good sites, as are dalco, sunrise, day island and just a good ole drift down the narrows

Edited by kevininpo, 16 March 2005 - 07:20 AM.

if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users