• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: NCWreck&Shark Diving! Aug 12-16 diving days

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 April 2004 - 09:11 PM

Hey who's going?:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench
2-10. Private party from VA
11. Walter aka Walter
12. Dale aka Wreck Maniac
13. Vanessa aka Wreck Goddess
14. Amy from VA Beach
15. Wade from VA Beach
16. Jerry Pitmann from NC
17. Bob Huddleston From Richmond VA
18. Craig Morris from Houston, TX

North Carolina Wreck & Shark Diving ……. “ Just getting better and better!!!…have YOU tried it yet???” (4-16-04 ks)

2004 RWB “Almost All Inclusive” Trip Schedule & Pricing*:

August ALL Wrecks 8/13 to 8/15 (Travel Dates: 8/12 & 8/16) 3 Days Diving Openings - ONLY 4 Spots

What You’ll See:

REAL WWI and WWII shipwrecks…..sunk as early as 1918
The U-352….the second U-Boat sunk by the US in WWII and the ONLY U-Boat in warm, clear diveable waters!
Numerous U-Boat victims (not bodies) who fought valiantly for our freedoms!
Large animals such as Huge Southern Stingrays, Barracudas, Grouper, Amberjack, and yes SHARKS!!!

Price Includes:

Over ten years of experienced hosting by “Red, Wet, and Blue” (RWB) Diving Charters and the “Diver Down”
3 or 4 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day (air 80’s included with upgrade avail. to Nitrox and 100’s)
Four (4) or Five (5) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman’s Inn Hotel (10 ft from the boat)
R/T Transfers from Raleigh to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
Tank fills & rentals handled by RWB with instructors on staff; Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Wreck, Boat, Deep, Computer, etc.
Fabulous Fresh Catch & Steak Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
Dinner reservations for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
Lead included…but bring your own weight belt, as belts are limited.
Boat limited to ONLY 16 divers plus crew. (Hurry Now to secure your spot! Reserve & Pay Online!!!)

NOT Included:

Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $280 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 3 of the 4 nights or 4 of 5 nights
Dive tips….typically $10 per day
Nitrox upgrades
Other incidentals

Pricing Guaranteed ONLY If $200 DEPOSIT is rec’d 90 days prior to departure. (And all trips must be Paid 25% 120 days prior to departure; 25% 90 days prior and in Full 60 Days Prior to departure. $200 booking deposit due immediately. Early payment discounts only apply to payment rec’d in full.)

PRICING:*

3 Day Diving Trip & 4 Nights - $740 + Airfare

4 Day Diving Trip & 5 Nights - $900 + Airfare

$25 Member Discount
$50 Early Bird Discount if booked 90 days prior except 4th of July trip which will be 4/30/04.

Airfare DFW/RDU $288

Note: This is FLY-IN pricing ONLY…please contact me for "Drive In" pricing

*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is over $100+ per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!

Note: If any trip is NOT Paid in Full 60 Days Prior to Departure the trip cost will automatically include a $75 rate per diver increase unless special arrangements have been made with Red, Wet & Blue or SingleDivers.com. PLEASE ask us if you are able and ready to make these phenomenal dives comfortably and safely!

For More Information Contact:

Kamala Shadduck aka “Wreck Wench”
Red, “WET”, and Blue Diving Charters
3957 Gaspar Suite #200
Dallas, TX 75220 214-350-7002
Email: kamala@redwetandbluediving.com or kamala@singledivers.com

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 18 April 2004 - 07:33 PM

Yeah - it's a great adventure.

Went twice last year, going back this year! I'd certainly call it adventure diving, in that there's 6am board, 2+ hour boat ride, and deep diving, but you can't dive into history like this anywhere else this easy. These are real wrecks, not placmements.

Clarification:

Numerous U-Boat victims who fought valiantly for our freedoms!

She's talking about the wrecks; I never saw any bodies.

Anyway, it'd be a great trip even without The Wench, but with her running things, it's a hoot! I'll probably book for October and the festival...

don
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 19 April 2004 - 07:57 AM

Thanks Don...I aim to please! Plus as you know from being on the boat several times now...not all dive operators in the area are the same. Many will allow divers to bounce in 40ft of water knowing full well that once they go offshore it will quiet down, but if they let the divers call the day so they get to stay inshore vs. going offshore, then they not only get back to the dock sooner...they get paid the same amount of money for a fraction of the fuel expendature. In fact everyone's happy...the divers think they got a short day of choppy waves instead of a long one...BUT they think NC diving sucks....the boat operator made the same money for half the work and cost....and just as long as ALL boat operators in the area do that...then the racket works. (And let me tell you its ALWAYS snotty in the channel cuz its shallow but it will be flat, calm in deeper water!)

However we don't do that and people have seen my trips go out so many times I even have a following of people who call me up to say..."and if I book with you you AREN'T going to cancel right...afterall you seem to be the only ones who will try and get out?" Of course my answer is that I make sure we have divers truly qualified to make these dives so YES we are going out if it is at all possible!

[Point of clarification: In 10 years of running informal and formal charters to NC...we have had a total of 3 days cancelled due to weather...3 days not trips. We have had perfect safety record and in all cases but one...our hunch paid off and when we got offshore the waves were significantly calmer then inshore. And that one time...well we just turned around and went home and it was one of the 3 days I mentioned earlier. PLUS the divers were NOT charged for the attempt. On all other boats you WILL be charged for the attempt to go offshore even if you can't dive so most divers won't take the risk. However our boat capt is a DIVER first and a boat capt. second so it makes a huge difference! And while on the subject...even diving with our boat on a non-Wreck Wench trip doesn't guarantee that you'll go out....a dive trip is only as good as the weakest divers. If the boat is full of weak divers then you aren't going out its that simple. Since I've been doing this for so many years..I have a loyal following of good divers who go on my trips so if you dive with me...you usually always get to dive!]

Besides as Don says....our trips are a hoot!! We fly the flags of any State or Country that wants to bring one...we have "meet and greet" parties so that you WILL know EVERYONE in 24hrs or less...we are the only turnkey full dive package in the area as this is a 'drive to' destination where you are on your own to make all your reservations separately and you usually have to do several trips to learn the ropes so you don't make a lot of costly mistakes figuring it all out.

But enough said...you'll really LOVE your NC experience when you dive with us and if you check out the trip information section of the main website you'll find descriptions of the wrecks...diving conditions....weather....etc!!! (See there are other great parts of this site besides the Surface Interval!!!)

Thanks -The Wench

p.s. This is how I got my nickname for those of you who are curious...diving NC and my beloved wrecks which I've become so addicted too! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:58 AM

Hey gang...just found a typo on the pricing for the 4day/5nite trip...its $900 vs. $930...whoops!!! Plus take off $100 in discounts and you are good to go!! Got a number of you signed up already!!! Woo Hoo!!!

NC is a blast...but I will warn you....you WILL become addicted!!! Then you'll be thrilled I have so many trips there!!! LOL!!! :-D

formerly...

#5 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 13 June 2004 - 10:40 AM

I wanna go :cool1: in NC again. I'm shaking my peggy bank now :) I'll be a Good Boy promise :D

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 21 June 2004 - 03:36 PM

I wanna go :wakawaka: in NC again. I'm shaking my peggy bank now :wakawaka: I'll be a Good Boy promise :wakawaka:

B2B

Hey how hard did you shake it darling????? -ww

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

Hey just got word from Dale aka Wreck Maniac and Vanessa our very own Wreck Goddess that they will be on this trip! Spots are filling fast...come join us in NC! -ww

formerly...

#8 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 12 July 2004 - 10:37 AM

I'm really looking forward to this trip! I've been wanting to dive the graveyard of the Atlantic for years, but never seemed to find the time to do it. Shipwrecks, submarine wrecks, Sand Tigers, great company from Single Divers - how could it get any better? I'm ready!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#9 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 12 July 2004 - 12:28 PM

can't make august, but my EVIL TWIN and i are gonna hit the seafood (/tofu) fest in october

atlantic beach will never be the same.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:13 PM

can't make august, but my EVIL TWIN and i are gonna hit the seafood (/tofu) fest in october

Posted ImagePosted Image

OMGosh...and YES we'll have seaweed tofu and all various flavors of tofu for you...not to mention that 'other' food group you love...Doritos! ;)

formerly...

#11 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:14 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

ewwwww

no such thing as a TOFU Fest. partake in the seafood, revel in knowing a small animal was killed for your dinning pleasure.

yucky girl

;)
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#12 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:17 PM

Now Brad....be nice....she can eat all the tofu/seaweed/doritos she wants...you on the otherhand will be force fed a diet of dead animals and mickyd's for misbehaving! LOL!!! ;)

ewwwww

no such thing as a TOFU Fest. partake in the seafood, revel in knowing a small animal was killed for your dinning pleasure.

yucky girl

formerly...

#13 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:28 PM

I wanna go :diver: in NC again. I'm shaking my peggy bank now :pray: I'll be a Good Boy promise :twist:

B2B

No, no no, Mike! If you're good you can't go!! :evilgrin:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#14 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:33 PM

...you on the otherhand will be force fed a diet of dead animals and mickyd's for misbehaving! LOL!!! :evilgrin:

and this is punishment?
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 12 July 2004 - 01:50 PM

and this is punishment?

Well...it depends on what animals you are fed!!! :evilgrin:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users