• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oceanfest 2005, Ft Lauderdale, FL

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#76 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 14 April 2005 - 06:22 AM

I am thinking of saying to heck with it callin in sick tomorrow, leaving at noon today and driving on out. But that is still iffy.

My brother is stuck in Ohio till late Friday afternoon.

I wanna come and if I can figure a way to do it without being jobless on Monday, I'll be there late Friday night.... Will keep ya'll posted....

I really have to become independently wealthy so that I can go dive with all my buds everywhere...
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#77 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:18 AM

I am thinking of saying to heck with it callin in sick tomorrow, leaving at noon today and driving on out. But that is still iffy.

My brother is stuck in Ohio till late Friday afternoon.

I wanna come and if I can figure a way to do it without being jobless on Monday, I'll be there late Friday night.... Will keep ya'll posted....

I really have to become independently wealthy so that I can go dive with all my buds everywhere...

Not that I'm an instigator or anything but, do it! :welcome:
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#78 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 01:17 PM

What say to heck with everything or get independently wealthy????
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#79 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 14 April 2005 - 02:35 PM

Hey Marvel,

I hope you have a huge yard!!!!!! better yet a permit from the city for your upcoming gathering!!

'Angels' hard at work on your behalf!! But I'll bet you knew that already!!!!

DBD

:cool2:
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#80 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 14 April 2005 - 09:44 PM

Hey Marvel and Co.

Ok so I know its the night before the event, but I have just flown in from Minneapolis home to Orlando, and I am debating the 3+ hour drive now down there. Has anyone been to Ocean Fest before.... I have looked at the site and its hard to get a good idea of what I should expect. Is it really worth the hassel? Or is it just one of those things that if you happen to live close or in the area that you attend because we are divers and its there.... I would love the opportunity to meet so many from singledivers.com, but I travel for a living and the drive and another night away from home is difficult. Any thoughts? BTW, I wouldn't be diving if I made the trip, brrrr still too cold. Oh and how is the parking at the event... I wasn't able to get a room nearby so I would have to stay a little aways and then get there and find a place to park.

Thanks in advance for the feed back.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#81 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 14 April 2005 - 11:38 PM

Tough call, Ari & one that you'll have to make. I really enjoyed myself last year at Oceanfest but it had a lot to do with the company I kept :cool2:. Of course, that company & more will be here again this year & the seminars look better this year. I'd say come on down but I could understand if you skipped it with your travel schedule.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#82 scuba_jenny

scuba_jenny

Getting started

• Pip
  • 49 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:216

Posted 15 April 2005 - 04:41 AM

Awwhh, throw caution to the wind and make the trip! Oceanfest is ok. The fun is the people that you will be hanging out with. C'mon down, I would be willing to guess that somebody nearby would lend you a couch.

#83 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:07 AM

It's looking very divable so far- kind of breezy but no real current to speak of. Let's hope the conditions don't deteriorate for diving. It's going to be perfect weather for partying, however!
Marvel

Posted Image

#84 FlIrishman

FlIrishman

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NTIROX - 500 DIVES, East Florida Coast wreck, reef and beach diving
  • Logged Dives:500

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Just as a note, Pompano Beach Airpark is reporting winds at 340 at 12 knots:

http://weather.noaa....rrent/KPMP.html

As long as the winds stay out somewhat of the west, you should have Great Beach Diving Weather. :)

I'll be going down for the day on Sunday, need to get to the Lakeland Sun-N-Fun air show on Saturday.

Have a Great Beach Dive and Party!

#85 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:15 AM

Well I am sunk for Ocean Fest. I had to wrok today. Couldn't get out of the office. But I am expecting a full report from Ya'll.....
Kay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users