• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Myrtle Beach April 23 & 24

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 23 March 2005 - 04:19 AM

This is not an official Single Divers event.

I am headed down to Myrtle Beach, South Carolina for some diving April 23rd and 24th. Right now my plan is to drive down on Friday (maybe even look around Myrtle Beach) so I can easily get to the boat early Saturday morning. I know where I can get some 2 bedroom condos possibly last minute that will sleep at least 4 and would love to split the cost. Looks like the consenus is for the condos!!!!

Saturday the plan is for a 3 – tank dive on The City of Houston (2 dives) and The Governor (1 dive). Sunday the plan is to dive the Hebe (descriptions below), sites may change based on conditions.

I am diving with Captain Tuck on the Dolphin Dive Charter http://www.dolphindivecharter.com/ if you are interested in joining me please contact the boat directly, (Capt. Tuck Rion at 843-756-5838 or the boat phone at 843-458-DIVE (3483), but let me know after you have reserved with him if you are going and I will add you to the list posted on SD. Tell Tuck you are with me (Linda). If you don’t have your own tanks you can rent them, he has both air and Nitrox, and has his own fill station at the marina. The only way to be sure you have a spot is to call Tuck.

If you would like to share expenses on a condo, about 2 miles from the marina (mentioned above, and my preference or carpool if it makes sense) let me know, otherwise I’ll probably just stay on the boat (12 bunks, but you need to bring a sleeping bag, $25/night). There are also hotel around the corner from the Marina.

“The Dolphin II is 65 feet long and 18 _ feet wide, triple engined boasting a total of 2250 horsepower; she is the fastest big dive boat in the world. And we didn’t skimp on the amenities either. She has both heat and air conditioning, hot and cold running water, a 600 gallon a day watermaker, inside and outside shower, large roomy head compartment with the best head you have ever seen on a boat of any kind”

The City of Houston
After leaving New York with a cargo of Christmas goods, this 290 foot passenger/freighter encountered a fierce storm and sank in 90 feet of water, 55 miles off the South Carolina coast. Extensive marine life and abundant artifacts make shipwreck well worth the trip.

The Governor
This 200 foot Civil War paddle wheeler lies in 80 feet of water 22 miles off the coast. The site offers everything from brass artifacts to Southern stingrays and a multitude of other marine life.

The Hebe and St. Cathan
Also known as the Twin Cities Wreck, the Hebe, a Dutch merchant vessel, and the British sub chaser St. Cathan collided during blackout conditions in 1942. They now rest 1/4 mile apart in 90-110 feet of water. This site is known for artifacts, tropical and game fish, as well as Sand Tiger sharks in the spring and fall. Best suited for experienced divers, this offshore site is known for its outstanding visibility.

You can rent tanks from Tuck or you can bring your own. If you bring your own you will need 2 tanks (he has a compressor on the boat for the 3rd dive). Hope y’all can join me!!!

Tuck can give you the pricing as well! He needs a minimum of 10 to take the boat out, but he has other ways of booking so the list I have here may only be a partial list.

Edited by Walter, 28 March 2005 - 10:07 PM.

Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#2 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:36 AM

Thanks to Walter you can now post here, I guess I had a blond moment. If anyone ever wants a good laugh ask me what happened when I tried to go blond once.....LOL
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#3 SCUBADIVINERIK

SCUBADIVINERIK

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:I enjoy all diving
  • Logged Dives:A bunch

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:39 AM

You are going to love this dive boat!!! Its huge and it is very fast. The crew was awesome as well. Wish I could go.

Erik

#4 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:41 AM

And Eric why can't you go?
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#5 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:42 AM

I'm signed up.

#6 SCUBADIVINERIK

SCUBADIVINERIK

Getting started

• Pip
  • 24 posts
  • Cert Level:I enjoy all diving
  • Logged Dives:A bunch

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:46 AM

Im stuck in GA that weekend because of work plus my little sister gets married the following weekend and I have to get a ticket for that. If you go again after May 15 (Ill be back in the N. Carolina) make sure you tell me!!!

Have you dove this boat?

I loved it.
Its a converted navy boat for those of you that havent. Heck you can see where the machine gun mounts where!!! Cpt. Tuck def put alot of time and effort into turning this monster into a awesome dive platform.

We were supposed to do the Hebe but didnt get there because of weather. I hope you have better luck

Edited by SCUBADIVINERIK, 25 March 2005 - 11:02 AM.

#7 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 10:50 AM

Im stuck in GA that weekend because of work plus my little sister gets married the following weekend and I have to get a ticket for that. If you go again after May 15 (Ill be back in the N. Carolina) make sure you tell me!!!

Have you dove this boat?

I loved it.
Its a converted navy boat for those of you that havent. Heck you can see wear the machine gun mounts where!!! Cpt. Tuck def put alot of time and effort into turning this monster into a awesome dive platform.

We were supposed to do the Hebe but didnt get there because of weather. I hope you have better luck

I dove with Tuck twice last year, I am so sold on that boat,, he knocks his local competition right out of the water.

I would love to get down there about once a month once it warms up, but don't know if that will be possible. Let me know some good dates for maybe June or late July

Some of the NOVA folks have been on this boat too....

I so love this boat!
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#8 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:10 PM

I dove with Captain Tuck last year, and I agree with you guys. This boat is great and Captain Tuck and crew were awesome.

Linda, I think I'll be joining you on these dives. I'll confirm with you once I get in touch with Tuck this weekend.

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#9 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:15 PM

Does anyone know about what the water temp. should be that time of year. I may be in NC. working that week, bob
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#10 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:32 PM

Does anyone know about what the water temp. should be that time of year. I may be in NC. working that week, bob

Bob, It could vary based on the gulf stream, but I would imagine mid 70's at best, worst case maybe mid to high 60's I think I know of someon who dove there yesterday and I will try to find out. Would love to have you join us

Volky that would be great if you could join the group, we could even do a SD Happy Hour down there!

I hate to harp but I can't say enough good things about Tuck and the DolphinII
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#11 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 25 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

Volky that would be great if you could join the group, we could even do a SD Happy Hour down there!

Wohoo, now you are talking... That's a great idea. This is looking better and better... :birthday:

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#12 flatwood

flatwood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Board Status:on
  • Cert Level:open water, Nitrox, AOW
  • Logged Dives:100 plus

Posted 25 March 2005 - 02:10 PM

Good, temps in the low 70's I can handle. When my customer returns the 4th ( you guys have a late spring break up there) I'll call him and see if I can see him that week. Not too bad, go diving and let the company pay for it, YEA. I'll let you know the first week in april, bob
I've got 99 problems and diving ain't one of them.

#13 Seawitch

Seawitch

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:33 PM

OK, Linda,

I am in. Talked to Tuck and I am all signed up. I am interested on sharing the condo. Do you have more information about it?

I'll probably drive down early Fri. Depending on what time the others get there on Friday, we could have a a Pre-Dive Happy Hour. Any takers?

Are we there yet, are we there yet? :D

#14 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:40 PM

OK, Linda,

I am in.  Talked to Tuck and I am all signed up.  I am interested on sharing the condo.  Do you have more information about it?

I'll probably drive down early Fri.  Depending on what time the others get there on Friday, we could have a a Pre-Dive Happy Hour.  Any takers?

Are we there yet, are we there yet?  :D

I'm happy to do the drive down with you and start the Happy Hour in the car, LOL.

Man, I always hit "Post Reply" rather than "Preview Post".

Too bad you're driving down from DC, looks like no party in the car for you, :wub:

Edited by WillDiveForBeer, 28 March 2005 - 02:42 PM.

#15 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

Posted 28 March 2005 - 02:58 PM

Mike - John (meteora) said he was interested in going, and I might be carpooling with him, but if one of you guys (you or John) has a big enough car we can all go togehter. I plan to take the day off work to get there early afternoon or even earlier its open right now.

Volky, the condo place was purchased by Corp. America, however there are still 7 units available $91/night, will sleep 6, but given it is not 3 couples, I would say probably 4 easy maybe 5.

I will PM both of you the link to the condo, its Carolina Keys, about 2 miles from the boat. We will get it figured out.

Happy Hour can start any time. Anyone know of any place in Myrtle? The place that looks like a railroad car might be an option, I have also been to Pat & Mike's, but would be open to anyplace really. I don't think Bruce will be coming, (least ways he is not giving me much of an answer) he is in hermit mode.

BlueD

Edited by bluedolphin, 28 March 2005 - 02:59 PM.

Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users