• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Antarctica

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 jpreston

jpreston

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level: Full Cave & Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 12 April 2005 - 03:17 PM

Word on the sealed MK25's is that they cannot be done. But as I explained before that is why we drop the IP etc. I never had a freeflow in low 30 degree water with them when set-up this way, but may have to give it some thought prior to a trip like this. May very well buy some Apex's just for the trip.

#32 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 19 April 2005 - 05:50 PM

Apex does make really nice regs! But, I am happy to report my Poseidon regs are environmental sealed. Wha-hoo! One less thing to add to my list.

So talk to me about the season for ice diving so I can pul out the calendar and figure where and when I can plan some ice dives. I know, I know we are all headed into Summer, but I have to maximize the vacation days so I don't run out. :wavey:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#33 jpreston

jpreston

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 09:35 AM

The best time for ice diving here is in Jan-March, you will have ice those months...and of course single digit temps most of the time! Depending on how the winter freeze is going we can be on the ice in November but we prefer later so we can drive our cars and trucks onto the ice, easier than walking 200ft. across the ice.

Later in the year I can get solid dates so we will have all the help we can use for cutting moving ice etc. Just getting ready to dive the ice can wear you out before you get in.

Never thought you would need a chainsaw just to go diving :)

#34 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:43 AM

Sounds very cool. I am headed to Australia last this next Jan through most of Feb, though. Don't know if I could pull along weekend in those months, but we'll see.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#35 blacktar

blacktar

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OWSI, Normoxic Trimix, full cave
  • Logged Dives:700

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:08 PM

I would love to get in on the Antartica trip. I would definately need to get some cold water diving in first. The winter here in BDA it only gets down to 63 F. Let me know when you are planning the trip. Dive_Girl I am up for Bikini as well. I was looking into that for 2006.
Blacktar
BLACKTAR
"The edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over." Hunter S. Thompson

#36 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:23 PM

Dive_Girl I am up for Bikini as well.

Yes, Dive_Girl in [a] Bikini sounds great! :wakawaka:

#37 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 12:46 PM

Dive_Girl I am up for Bikini as well.

Yes, Dive_Girl in [a] Bikini sounds great! :wakawaka:

ok, now it's confirmed - you are truly nuts!

#38 jpreston

jpreston

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:56 PM

Hopefully we will get some ice early in the season to make it easier to plan...don't worry dive girl we won't require a bikini during ice diving :D

Will keep everyone posted during the year on ice diving and any other events related to the Artic trip.

#39 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 07:01 PM

great and I won't require you guys to be in speedo thongs.... :D

:usflag:

Edited by Dive_Girl, 20 April 2005 - 07:01 PM.

#40 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:17 PM

great and I won't require you guys to be in speedo thongs.... :diver:

:P

hehhehe

fat german tourist in a speedo thong two sizes to small

hows that for a painting picasso?
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#41 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 24 April 2005 - 06:26 PM

got to remember to keep reg in when getting sick underwater.....

#42 jpreston

jpreston

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 08:29 AM

Even worse when everything is 25% larger underwater :birthday:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users