• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Oceanfest Dive Party Report

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 15 April 2005 - 08:37 PM

Hey Guys,

Well we made it down here... but there was a party down my your place Marvel that wasn't yours and had parking at more of a premium than usual.... It was kinda late so we just went and grabbed food and are back at the hotel. Will likely see you tomorrow at Ocean Fest.... Thanks for the invite... see you in the morning.
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#2 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

Hey Guys,

Well we made it down here... but there was a party down my your place Marvel that wasn't yours and had parking at more of a premium than usual.... It was kinda late so we just went and grabbed food and are back at the hotel. Will likely see you tomorrow at Ocean Fest.... Thanks for the invite... see you in the morning.

??????????

Too bad Ari! I don't know how you missed us- we were the only really loud & noisy group on Hibiscus! Unfortunately, the conditions deteriorated during the day & the only one who ventured out Friday night was Walter but the party was fantastic, if I do say so myself :welcome:

We also didn't get to meet you yesterday at Oceanfest... :dltears: Did you lose my cell phone #?
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#3 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

Hi Marvel,

I dont think we missed you at the party!!!! We saw you but we had a tough time finding aplace to park... There was a big shin dig for the special olympics down the way and I think because of our late arrival we just couldnt find a spot and I was tired and decided to not to continue to drive around. I know I am a party pooper.

At Ocean Fest, It didn't even cross my mind to call you... I actually thought from your picture I was bound to see you.... we went through the tents, had some food and sat out and listened to Boat Radio (we left before Scuba Radio), watched the people in the dive pool, and the those kite surfer people.... i want to learn how to do that. All in all, short of not getting to meet you we had a good time. I am sure we will meet soon.

Ari
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#4 FLDiver

FLDiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 64 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 17 April 2005 - 01:57 PM

If I may .... KUDOS to Marvel for one great Party!

She IS the most hospitable and courteous hostess one could ever wish for!

Great Party!!!

#5 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 17 April 2005 - 06:58 PM

Great Party at Marvels! Thank You Marvel for opening your home and yard to all of us. :-D :dance: :fish:

It was great to see those I've meet and dove with before and all the new people I meet. Hope to dive with all of you soon.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#6 morp1949

morp1949

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:owc aug. 04
  • Logged Dives:25

Posted 17 April 2005 - 07:56 PM

Marvel,
thanks for your stupendous hospitality and wonderful party.
You are so fortunate to have such a great spot.
I had a good time meeting so many fellow divers.
Without a doubt, a good time was had by all....(even if they can't remember).
I have become a strict vegetarian and asparagus is now my favorite food...
Thanks again for the great time...someday we have to discuss the navy yard....can't wait till I can come back down here and dive off of datura beach again....My cup of tea!!!!
Hugs,
mary

#7 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 17 April 2005 - 09:20 PM

Ms Marvel.

Sounds like you throw a whale of wing ding, rumpus, get together, dive party!!! :-D :fish:

Can you promise we will have an equally good time in the Flower Gardens??

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#8 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 18 April 2005 - 05:19 AM

I had a grand time, but I was a tad surprised when I showed up Friday night at the dive party and couldn't find even one person to accompany me on my dive.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#9 StuShark

StuShark

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • Cert Level:DM, Adv Nitrox, Deco

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:29 AM

we had a great time - it was nice to see some old faces and meet lots of new people.

..unfortunately when i arrived, the waves were crashing and the currents were ripping, so i settled down for a few beers and started on the BBQ - and hour or two later things looked nice out (just when Walter arrived !), but by that time it was too late for diving (after beers).....

#10 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:48 AM

Walter you know that hand signal I am sure the one where you wave the beer bottle over your head??? That means break out the cooler I am done for the day....
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#11 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 18 April 2005 - 08:24 AM

I enjoyed my dive, I saw the smallest shark I've ever encountered, cute little nurse about 16 - 18 inches.

DSSW,

WWW™

#12 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 18 April 2005 - 06:30 PM

Well my camera is on the fritz, but I got one photo of the man tending the BBQ - StuShark

Edited by nextariel, 18 April 2005 - 06:32 PM.

Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#13 sun50

sun50

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 20 April 2005 - 08:53 AM

Hi All;
It was great meeting you and I'm looking forward to diving with you in the future.(Coz maybe?). The long drive was definetly worth it!
Hope to have the Pictures posted in a day or two.
Marvel..thanks for being a great hostess!!! :)
Doug

#14 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 20 April 2005 - 10:46 AM

I finally have some time to post a report of my own! Folks started trickling in at around 2 PM or so. One of the guys, Jim, from Clearwater, & I tried to get in a quick beach dive before the conditions got too bad. (the ocean was flat in the AM but surf started building as the day wore on). We made it out past the surf line but Jim lost the buckle on his fin & so we had to call the dive. :)

As the day wore on, more & more people began arriving- everyone loaded down with food, drink &/or accessories for the party & my fridge was soon filled to bursting. We started grilling at around 6 PM or so & the grill was never empty again until about 11 PM! Special thanks to Stu for manning the grill for the bulk of the party- that man can cook anything from chicken to sausage to burgers to hotdogs as long as he has a Corona in one hand :)

I honestly don't know how many people showed up- my patio was wall to wall & spilling out onto the sidewalks & street. Everyone seemed to be having a good time- lots of divers putting names to faces &, of course, meeting up with old friends. We had 3 guys celebrating their birthday & 3 cakes to go with it- Alli (Blondey) baked a really cool looking cake in the shape of an angel fish. When it came time to light the candles & sing, we managed ot all cram into my VERY small studio w/loft apartment. Thank goodness it was pretty late by then & a good number of people had already left.

I was sorely tempted to go on the dive with Walter- after all, that's why we were gathering in the first place, but by the time he arrived, the party was in full swing & I didn't feel that I should leave my guests. :dltears: Guess I'll just have to invite everyone back again soon- next time on a Saturday for a day of diving & hanging out.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#15 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 11:00 AM

You would've seen the cutest little shark if you'd gone.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users