• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Win a date with Shamu!

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#16 rkohler1

rkohler1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 11:16 AM

I'm gonna go ahead and say June 30th, 4pm. Since I missed out on Walter's countdown, thought I better beat the rush and the deadline. Plus I needed my 50th post. :(
Rick
USAF (Ret.)
------------

"We've got a blind date with Destiny - and it looks like she's ordered the lobster."
- The Shoveller (Mystery Men)

When in doubt, just call 1-800-829-0433

#17 Funewgy

Funewgy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:35

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:06 PM

April 31, 2011 at 15:00.
"Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call" -- J. Buffett

#18 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:18 PM

I guess you really like to play, but don't want to win.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#19 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Location:Tennessee but my heart belongs to the Lone Star State!
  • Cert Level:Advanced, NITROX, Getting Ready to go tech
  • Logged Dives:Not enough, never enough!!

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:19 PM

depends on what we are playing... I always like to win....
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#20 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 12:24 PM

April 31, 2011 at 15:00.

Just to F with the F'ing Nwguy, I might drop off this board for a few years and come back to haunt him...... Of course, even if I wait till 2011, it might be hard to post on April 31...... hmmm....

#21 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW and Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:52

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:07 PM

I don't know why everyone is bothering to post, my time machine already told me when he's making his 400th, so it's all a moot point :-D. I feel at least 1 yard of filling my belly already, so nice, ice cold and flavorful, but sooo many choices from their 220+ beers on tap. I'm tingling and salivating already, I can taste my victory :2cool: and sinister laughing can be heard through the hallways.

#22 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:23 PM

I don't know why everyone is bothering to post, my time machine already told me when he's making his 400th, so it's all a moot point :-D. I feel at least 1 yard of filling my belly already, so nice, ice cold and flavorful, but sooo many choices from their 220+ beers on tap. I'm tingling and salivating already, I can taste my victory :2cool: and sinister laughing can be heard through the hallways.

I have heard whispered tales of the Yardhouse, mythical retellings of deeds gone unrecorded, so many taps that one can even find ambrosia and holy water on draught. I think it's time I followed in the footsteps of such intrepid adventurers as Captain Cook, Hiram Bingham and Homer Simpson and seek out the fabled Yard House through the mists of time, space and hangovers....

p.s. Mike, your 25th birthday must have sucked.....

#23 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:32 PM

I don't know why everyone is bothering to post, my time machine already told me when he's making his 400th, so it's all a moot point :-D. I feel at least 1 yard of filling my belly already, so nice, ice cold and flavorful, but sooo many choices from their 220+ beers on tap. I'm tingling and salivating already, I can taste my victory  :2cool: and sinister laughing can be heard through the hallways.

I have heard whispered tales of the Yardhouse, mythical retellings of deeds gone unrecorded, so many taps that one can even find ambrosia and holy water on draught. I think it's time I followed in the footsteps of such intrepid adventurers as Captain Cook, Hiram Bingham and Homer Simpson and seek out the fabled Yard House through the mists of time, space and hangovers....

Well, luckilly I was working in Seattle and not back home in CT, right next door to where Tolly lives. Needless to say, I decided to make a trip to Vancouver where the Canucks were friendly and got to see a city I've wanted to see. Since it was my b-day, I got a lot of Happy Birthdays, free drinks from patrons and free dessert from the resturaunt. It was probably a better birthday than if 9/11 never happened and I was just working in Seattle. Then I had a wonderful x-country tek back to Boston via NYC to pick up my car at the airport. Luckilly I used off-site parking, which made getting my car easier once I arrive in NYC. Along the way, I met 2 nice ladies driving from Boston to Seattle about mid-way and we traded tips on sites to see and since they were in a gas guzzling Mustang, told them once they see a gas station in Montana, fill up because they only come 1 every 300 miles or so. Another positive was that during my drive back East, I was able to plan my route to see my Aunt and Uncle who lived at the North entrance of Yellowstone (a year later, my uncle-in-law passed away) and got to meet a few people I had been chatting with online for awhile. Considering everything, it wasn't that bad of a birthday. The only question I have is, when they are having a 5 year anniv. to the attacks, it'll be my 30th b-day and how odd will it seem to be celebrating and partying when everyone else will be reflecting?

#24 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 01:37 PM

I don't know why everyone is bothering to post, my time machine already told me when he's making his 400th, so it's all a moot point :-D. I feel at least 1 yard of filling my belly already, so nice, ice cold and flavorful, but sooo many choices from their 220+ beers on tap. I'm tingling and salivating already, I can taste my victory  :2cool: and sinister laughing can be heard through the hallways.

Oh, forgot to add "Hmmm.....Beer!!!!" Homer is a God and I don't remember where I read this, but always remember these wise words "Beer is proof that God loves us" as said by Benjamin Franklin (I hope I quoted him correctly)

I've been to TYH in Costa Mesa and in San Diego, if you love beer, you REALLY need to go and follow the myths, everything you heard is true.

-Mike-

#25 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:16 PM

Beer, Beer and more Beer..... I like something with a bit more kick!!! :lmao:
Kay

Life is a matter of luck, and the odds in favor of success are in no way enhanced by extreme caution... Erich Topp WW II U Boat Commander

#26 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:28 PM

There is always an Irish Car Bomb and what's it called, the atom bomb when you take a beer and drop a shot of vodka with it and chug it? See, you kick can still include beer :-D.

#27 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 02:40 PM

There is always an Irish Car Bomb and what's it called, the atom bomb when you take a beer and drop a shot of vodka with it and chug it? See, you kick can still include beer :-D.

I have fond memories of A&W shots.... Take a shot glass, fill it with Amaretto, add a layer of Bacardi 151 on top, light the 151 on fire, drop the whole shot glass into a mug of beer, and chug the whole thing down. The mix of flavors makes it taste like root beer, hence the name..... Ah, memories... light the corners of my mind... misty beerlogged memories... of the way I drank.....

#28 WillDiveForBeer

WillDiveForBeer

• PipPipPipPip
  • 408 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:04 PM

I have fond memories of A&W shots.... Take a shot glass, fill it with Amaretto, add a layer of Bacardi 151 on top, light the 151 on fire, drop the whole shot glass into a mug of beer, and chug the whole thing down. The mix of flavors makes it taste like root beer, hence the name..... Ah, memories... light the corners of my mind... misty beerlogged memories... of the way I drank.....

Ahhh...I forgot about the A&W. I might do one this weekend while in Memphis visiting a friend for the music fest and partying afterwards in a hotel. Hmmm...reminds me of high school and college.

-Mike-

#29 steelemagnolia6

steelemagnolia6

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 26 April 2005 - 03:05 PM

we call those flaming Dr Peppers....
Kay

#30 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 April 2005 - 04:16 PM

we call those flaming Dr Peppers....

And thanks to those darn drinks there is at least one college evening I don't remember... :lmao:
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users