• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Memorial Day Florida Trip

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#1 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 29 May 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hey Guys...

Thanks for a fun weekend... I hope your dives in Key Largo were fun and rewarding!!! I enjoyed meeting everyone and can't wait for the next time!!!

Everyone was great... nice group of people...
Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! Roatan!!!! I'm going to ROATAN!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!

#2 fun2dive

fun2dive

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Logged Dives:35-50

Posted 30 May 2005 - 04:52 AM

It was really nice meeting all of you. WW, the food at the BBQ was awesome! Marvel, thanks for everything. Great dive partner, great group of people, everything was just swell... (except the diving conditions - they were just right not too many swells...) Guess I should keep my day job; no singing or comedy.

Anyway, it was fun. Planning on heading out tomorrow for more diving. If you are interested, check out the scubaboard.com Memorial Day thread under Florida Conch Divers.

Talk to you all soon,
-stacy

#3 Scuba Diva

Scuba Diva

Getting started

• Pip
  • 22 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:4

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:40 PM

I think this trip was unbelievable! I had so much fun, and have so many memories that I will never forget. After all, it was my first ocean dive! I give a special thanks to everyone for really helping on my first dives, it really made everything easy. And a special thanks to the other people that made the weekend unforgettable. I can not wait to see you again!

#4 Dennis

Dennis

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 895 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Open Water II, & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:50 PM

I'll post a dive report and some pictures later. I will be working a lot this week. Maybe tomorrow evening. I'll be on travel for work, but I will have the pics with me. Although the first ones will be sans Photoshop magic until I get back on the 9th.

Edited by Dennis, 30 May 2005 - 07:50 PM.

DSSW,
Dennis
"Suppose you were an idiot ... And suppose you were a member of Congress ... But I repeat myself." --Mark Twain

#5 Marion1336

Marion1336

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:43

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:28 PM

I had a terrific time!!! :welcome: I got the gallery started with a few pics from the weekend. I know there were a few cameras out there, so get posting! :diver: Unfortunately, many of the evening photos at the BBQ didn't turn out because it was so dark. :dltears: It was great meeting everyone and seeing a few familiar faces I met from the Cozumel trip. FUN, FUN, FUN! :dancing:
To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides.
-David Viscott

#6 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts
  • Cert Level:Private
  • Logged Dives:Private

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:54 AM

I had a terrific time!!! :twist: I got the gallery started with a few pics from the weekend. I know there were a few cameras out there, so get posting! :teeth: Unfortunately, many of the evening photos at the BBQ didn't turn out because it was so dark. :dltears: It was great meeting everyone and seeing a few familiar faces I met from the Cozumel trip. FUN, FUN, FUN! :)

We had a great time diving also. But Sunday was the highlight for me. What a great little get together, huh?

#7 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 31 May 2005 - 10:07 AM

Well, the highlight of the trip for me was definitely spotting a reef shark on Molasses Reeef in the Keys. Lee & I were chasing a grouper down into a hole. Lee looked up & gives the signal for a shark. I looked around to see a beautiful 3-4 ft reef shark swimming around with his entourage. So very graceful! I've seen plenty of nurse sharks before but never any other kinds. Another highlight was watching the sunset over Florida Bay in Richard's friend Michael's boat after the Keys dives & then the stars coming out afterward. Beautiful, simply beautiful.

I truly enjoyed meeting/remeeting everyone- we definitely made some memories & I hope to dive with all of you again soon! Remember, my house is always open to my fellow singledivers!

Special thanks to Richard & the trip's unsung hero- Walter, aka W2. That young man did more work loading & unloading gear & tanks than anybody else (& we all did a lot). He was always ready to help out with anything that needed to be done with a smile on his face & nary a word of complaint. Exceptional young man & Richard is justifiably proud of him. He's turning into a pretty good diver too!
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#8 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

Thanks Marvel! He's a hard worker for sure and a fine young man! I'm a very fortunate parent! So far today he's already unloaded the truck, cleaned and hung out all the gear, put the tanks away (all ten of them!) and done a load of laundry. And he didn't get up until around noon! LOL

#9 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 31 May 2005 - 06:39 PM

All I have to say after checking out Marion's pics is that we sure do have some smokin' hot SD.com wimmen here! :birthday:
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#10 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:06 PM

How was the dive on the Duane? Conditions good? I wish I would have joined ya'll but I was just so tired, and with having to come to MN... bleh... I know get out the violin... but it was a grea trip even without the Keys... So where are we going next time? maybe we should do another one at the end of the Florida dive season... maybe stay in the Keys for a weekend?

OK off to find the pics that Marion posted....

#11 RichardB

RichardB

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:12 PM

How was the dive on the Duane? Conditions good? I wish I would have joined ya'll but I was just so tired, and with having to come to MN... bleh... I know get out the violin... but it was a grea trip even without the Keys... So where are we going next time? maybe we should do another one at the end of the Florida dive season... maybe stay in the Keys for a weekend?

OK off to find the pics that Marion posted....

I'm up for that!

#12 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:20 PM

If we do it after August 6 then bring your lobster gear, and try and catch yer dinner... most of the hotels (as grimey as they may be) have Grills that you can toss your tails on to... (meaning the lobster tails.... I know how some of you think... hehehehe) As long as we don't do the HoJo... bleh.. been there before and staying there again... in two weeks... all I can say is BLEH!!!

#13 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:31 PM

It was great to see old friends and meet some new ones! Glad you guys had a great time Sunday! Special thanks to Richard and Walter for all their hard work! Great BBQ - so what did you guys do with all the extra food?

The nudibranch on the Peter B McAllister was a Florida Regal Sea Goddess for those inquiring minds. They only get to 4 3/4 inches, so I'm guessing the one at the top of the wreck was close to that.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#14 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:25 PM

All I have to say after checking out Marion's pics is that we sure do have some smokin' hot SD.com wimmen here! :teeth:

All I can say Jamie, is that her pictures don't begin to do her justice. And NICE???? That's an understatement. It was really fantastic hanging out with her &, of course, all the other folks on the trip. But, you have to ask her to show you what she can do with a couple of needles....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#15 vettenorlando

vettenorlando

• PipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 08:42 PM

say... what happened to those pictures with the needles? They came out pretty good didn't they from what I recall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users