• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Keep my sister in your thoughts

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#16 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 27 June 2005 - 11:30 AM

Thanks drbill, I'm sure both of our sisters will come through this all fine. Attitude and support play a huge role in these challenges and it sounds like they both have that going for them!

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#17 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:13 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with both of your sisters and the both of you.
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#18 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 12:44 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you great guys as you journey through this travail. Lost my mother to cancer just a little over a year ago. None of it's easy.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#19 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:33 PM

Bill,

I just went through this with my mom last year. They had to remove 2/3 of one of her lungs, as well as two lymph nodes. They sent the nodes to see if the cancer has spread , and it had.

I am EXTREMELY happy to say that after one year and some chemo, she is in remission! I will pray for you and your family. Prayer is a powerful thing if you truly believe.
Feel free to drop me a line if you ever feel like you need to talk! Im here for ya!
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#20 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 05:41 PM

Bill and Michael,

Please know my thoughts are with both of you and your loved ones. Having lost my grandfather to throat cancer almost 17 years ago, I know how hard it is. Unfortunately, all you can do at this point is offer support, which I know you are both providing lots of.

Michelle

#21 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:20 PM

Your family is in my thoughts and prayers. I just passed the 5 year mark, so know that there are many survivors out there also.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#22 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 27 June 2005 - 06:57 PM

DrBill, I echo what someone else said, that the support of friends and loved ones makes all the difference. I'm sure she'll do just fine with support from you and others, and of course I and everyone else here are sending our prayers and positive thoughts her way. Let us know if we can do anything else for you.

All the best,
Mike

#23 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 27 June 2005 - 09:58 PM

Dr Bill. Thinking about you and your family. Let me know if I can do anything to help.

Rosa

#24 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:19 AM

Again, I thank all of you for your support in this time of crisis.

My father passed on this evening, about 4:20 PDT. My little sister was with my mother when it happened. It was a blessing... Dad is at peace and Mom has had a lot of stress removed from her life. Now we can focus on my sister's condition.

I (and the rest of the family) have been prepared for Dad's passing over the past 16 months. While it is extremely sad to know he is gone (several sessions of tears today, especially while talking to my little sister who I am very close to), his suffering is over and my Mom has a great weight removed from her life. We will miss him, but we all know that the end of life is death. We will all get there eventually. Of course I don't think it is my sister's time, so we will focus our energies on her now.

#25 ShamuLovesMe

ShamuLovesMe

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:26 AM

DrBill, sorry to hear this. I don't know what it's like to lose a parent, but it must be difficult no matter how long-expected the passing is. I'm sure you and your family find comfort in the fact that he is at peace, but I do wish you my deepest sympathies.

#26 Bahamasita

Bahamasita

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:27 AM

My sympathies, DrBill. Though it sounds cliche, at least he is no longer suffering. You are blessed to have the rest of your family with you through these difficult times. Thankfully, you were all able to say your good-byes and make your peace with him before he passed. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

#27 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:28 AM

My sympathies on your loss, Bill. Your family is in my prayers.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#28 Mishelle

Mishelle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,090 posts
  • Cert Level:My life is only complete when Im 150 ft deep!
  • Logged Dives:lost count....actually lost log too :(

Posted 28 June 2005 - 05:07 AM

Bill, my heart and prayers go out to you and your family.

Please know that your SD family is here if you need us!

many hugs hun! :diver: :hiya: :lmao:
:) Mishelle

The best day I ever had was face to face with a man and a shark, and wondering who was gonna bite me first- Poison Pen

Divers Wanted! Come dive with SD!!

#29 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:28 AM

Again, thanks to all for your thoughts and words of support. Although there have been a lot of tears in the past 15 hours, I know Dad is better off now. Fortunately all of us were able to say what we needed to over the past 16 months and are at peace with his passing.

#30 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:36 AM

Sorry to hear about your loss drbill, but remember, as long as your dad lives within all of your hearts and memories, he's never truly gone.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users