• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Keep my sister in your thoughts

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#31 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 28 June 2005 - 10:03 AM

drbill,

I was sorry to read about your father this morning. As stated by others, I'm glad you and your siblings had the opportunity to say your goodbyes and make peace with your father, and prepare for his passing within the past year and a half. Many others do not have that chance, unfortunately. As Michael (Neptuner) wrote, although he is no longer physically here with you, he will live on in your thoughts and memories.

Michael,

I'll send positive energy and thoughts your sister's way, as well as drbill's.

:D

#32 intotheblue

intotheblue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Cert Level:diving since high school; rec, tech, cave and wreck, as well as exploration and expedition diving
  • Logged Dives:Thousands... (really!)

Posted 28 June 2005 - 01:18 PM

drbill,

I have been monitoring posts by you and others facing these trying times in life... My prayers are lifting you and your family up as well as those others posting similar concerns for family members. Seems many of us are at the age where these concerns come among us all too frequently. It is a privilege to pray for these needs. May the peace that passes all understanding be with you! :thankyou:

ITB... :fish2:
"The most important thing is to never stop breathing"... ITB

Actually, the WORST day of diving is better than the BEST day at work... :)

and... my life is not measured by the number of breaths I take, but by the number of breaths I take UNDER WATER :)

"I see you are no stranger to pain." -- "I was married... TWICE!!!" HOT SHOTS, PART DEUX

#33 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:11 PM

drbill,

I am saddened to hear of your loss having just expierenced this myself!! While time can prepare you, you are never really ready to see them go. If there is anything that I can personally do, please drop me a PM!!

I hold you, your sister, and the rest of your family in my thoughts and prayers!!

Psalm 91

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#34 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 28 June 2005 - 04:42 PM

Bill,

I'm saddened by your loss, my friend. I know you are right when you say, It was a blessing." It's hard to lose our family members, but it's harder to see them in pain when there's little or no hope.

Your family and especially your sister are in my prayers.

Michael,

Your sister and family are also in my prayers.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#35 Maria

Maria

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox

Posted 28 June 2005 - 07:28 PM

Bill,

I'm really sorry for your loss. I lost my grandmother a couple months ago. I loved her more than life. There will be lots of crying sessions, but they are necessary. My thoughts are with you and your family.
Formerly known as Mahoneme

"You must have dreams of love, you must have desires. Perhaps you are made in such a way that you are afraid of them. Don't be. They are the best things you have."

Hermann Hesse

#36 SKIP

SKIP

Getting started

• Pip
  • 20 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:100-150

Posted 28 June 2005 - 08:03 PM

My prayer is for peace of mind for you this evening, and for your sister's full recovery. God bless your family.

#37 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:02 AM

If there were no tears, there would be no love (or is it vice versa). I would be very concerned about someone who couldn't cry after the death of a family member. I have shed a lot of tears (it's very therapeutic... almost like diving since they are fairly salty).

I remember when my ex-LT GF experienced her mother's death. She seemed unemotional and distant during the cremation and burial, which concerned me. Not long after she fell into a long-term depression which I feel was a result of her inability to openly express her emotions. I remained with her the two years she was depressed since I knew what was happening from first hand experience years ago.

Again, many thanks for everyone's thoughts. I am doing well given the circumstances. My sister goes in for her surgery in about two hours. I spoke with her last night. She had her three children (two in their 20's) and husband with her for a family evening and sounded very relaxed and calm.

Again, my thoughts go out to all of us here who are going through or have gone through the loss of a family member or a close friend.

#38 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:11 AM

Thoughts and prayers going out to you.

Om shanti shanti shanti

~Jen

#39 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 10:39 AM

9:40 AM PDT: Just heard from my sister. The doctor called to cancel the surgery today just as she was heading to the hospital. He ran into complications with the surgery he was doing before hers. Now the waiting game for her.

#40 Abyss

Abyss

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:7

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:40 AM

Heh dr. bill my thoughts and my prayers are with you. Lost my Mom 4 yrs. ago , Dad was diagnoised 3 months after she died (lost him 2 yrs ago, the man with the little blue pill....my best friend) my sister got a positive for cancer of the vocal cords ...6 months after Mom, lost my little dog to cancer in Oct. my best friend to cancer in Oct. , my father-in-law has had cancer come back eight years later inoperable, untreatable, I love him very much! My young niece is fighting for her life with cancer for a yr. and a half. Safe to say I know the devastation that this horrible disease not only does to the patient, but the family as well. I was blessed to be in the presence of all these that passed, and experienced the freedom of thier struggles first hand. Learned yes they are all in a better place, but the truth be known we are left behind to deal, grieve,experience the absense of this special part of our lives, the guilt ( could we have been a better son or daughter) get rid of the things that to us look like junk.......but to them were priceless. I know Dr. Bill the many emotions that sometimes stay hidden that no-one sees. But there really is that special place they go. And as for us time heals.........just remember it takes how ever long it takes.......don't place limits on your feelings. As for my sister, i got mad and told the perpetrater of this deadly disease, I would not let him have her. She is totally healed today, which is what I pray for your sister. May the Lord be with you and grant you peace through this difficult time. :dltears: :D
"I found a buddy" and decided to keep him
Click here for SD Happy Hours, Events and Functions!

#41 ddierolf

ddierolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts
  • Cert Level:Padi Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 05 July 2005 - 09:44 AM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I wish you all the best!

Which end is up?

#42 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 05 July 2005 - 01:49 PM

Dr. Bill, any news on whether it's been rescheduled?
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#43 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 05 July 2005 - 11:14 PM

Abyss... your post was heartbreaking.

I just heard from my sister that her surgery has been rescheduled for Tues, July 12th. Because she is asymptomatic (the cancer having been caught so early) she's been out playing golf all weekend with her hubby- had her worst out-going nine and best in-coming nine (I think she was referring to the score???).

Again, thanks to all for their kind thoughts on my family and those of other SD.com members going through similar losses and trials.

#44 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 06 July 2005 - 06:49 AM

Well, at least your sister is enjoying herself. Sorry about your loss. And I hope your sister makes a full recovery.

#45 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:10 AM

Yep, my sister has always tried to keep busy (and succeeded beyond her wildest dreams) and remain positive. It keeps her mind off of some of the things she has to face. Can be a good strategy not to dwell on them. I'm more reflective (and it isn't due to all the tiny mirrors glued to my wetsuit).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users