• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

TX Flower Gardens 7/2005

• Please log in to reply
147 replies to this topic

#16 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:31 PM

Well I did not get to Go on the trip, But I did get to meet everyone, at Freeport,for Diner and Talk. I got to meet a bunch faces on the board I never meet, but have wanted to. See Some Friend's I have meet and dove with, and I got to meet Zen Diver :2cool: Who's face we never have seen on the board.
Sounds like it was a great trip, that I got to hear about.
:respect: but did not make.

Karl, Keith, Gar, Marvel, Mitch, Kim, Linda, Phyllis, Tom, Kamala , John, Carla, Mandi, Walter, ZD, Kevin, Glad to Meet you, and get to talk to you, Hope to see all again . and go Diving with you... :welcome:.
Sonny :cool1:

#17 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:34 PM

All I can say is WOW! Definitely the best trip I've been on! Like everyone else, my full report will have to wait- it's late & I'm still recovering.... I STILL cannot hear out of my right ear! :welcome:

As ZD has already said, special, special thanks go to Sandy, Que, & Katy for making sure that we all got there & back again safely & in style- yes, Que, I made my flight with time to spare (it was delayed) :2cool:

The crew- all I can say is thank you, thank you, thank you! NEVER have I been so well taken care of & in such a friendly & efficient way. How can I explain? They made sure that everything was perfect for us but were also just part of the gang at the same time. I just fell in love with them all & we all voted them automatic & honorary members of sd.com. Captain Bruce was a gentleman & so very considerate in indulging my desire to do some stargazing. :respect: Captain Al- quiet & unassuming but always there just keeping things moving along. The DMs- James & George with their clowning around, Bill with his dry wit but the professionalism & concern that they exhibited at all times was beyond compare. Chef Al- the best! He always had everything ready for us & it was so good (especially his pork roast)! But the best was when Captain Bruce & the crew presented Gar & I with Sea Searcher shirts for our 200th dive. I was so very surprised & touched- thank you all for making that milestone so incredibly special for both Gar & I. (no, Kim & Kamala- you can't have my shirt....:cool1:)

Special thanks to my dive buddy, ZD- I've said it before, I'll say it again- he really is a zen diver. I've had the pleasure of having him for my dive buddy before- each time, I learn something new from him, just by diving with him. And, to dive again with ZD, Walter, (truly the Yoda of the dive) & Gar as my buddies? I am honored each & every time. Gar, Walter, ZD & I shared 2 very special dives together- Gar's & my 199th on the rig- complete with a couple of Silkies & just one of my alltime coolest experiences. Of course, dive #200 with Gar- the best underwater dancer ever! He & I did a sort of waltz/jitterbug dance together on dive 200- complete with an underwater kiss..... :anna: ZD captured it on video- you will all get a kick out of it when it gets posted.

It was really a blast meeting & hanging out with everyone else, too. Kamala, Kim (girl, we HAVE to party again soon), & Linda I've met before but every time I get to hang out with them it's just such a pleasure. John, Tom, Keith, Kevin, Mandi, Phyllis (thanks for the ear care, girl), Karl, & our last minute additions Mitch & Carla- I truly enjoyed meeting, hanging, & diving with you all. I only wish we were still all out in the Flower Gardens diving, talking, laughing, eating & drinking together....
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#18 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 July 2005 - 08:47 PM

What can I say??

we had such a great weekend...it was wonderful seeing my friends, Gar, ZD, Walter, Marvel, Kamala, Mandi, Phyllis, Mitch, , Karl, John and Tom...I couldn't have asked for more fun or better diving...if anyone wonders, you really have to dive ZD's backyard! This weekend was such a blast and one that I will remember for a long time :respect:

and I've met new life long friends: Kevin, Keith, Linda, and Carla!!

more diving, more friends :2cool: :cool1: :welcome:

And yes, Marvel, we must go diving in Florida soon!

gosh, I wish we were all still gazing at the stars, right now

Kim

#19 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 12 July 2005 - 09:11 PM

Great trip, great friend, great diving....I could go on and on about the wonderful time I had. Thanks to all who made it possible and have already been mentioned. Marvel it was such a pleasure to have such a great dive buddy to share 200's with! Walter, (Yoda) thanks for letting me tag along with you! I really, really enjoyed everyones company and freindship throught yet another great diving adventure. ZD, thanks for showing us the way...To all of the crew of the Sea Searcher, THANK YOU! Met many new and old friends. Once again again I was proved right in my always saying...Something very special about divers. Here's to you all and hope to see and dive with you again soon!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#20 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

I will chime in now with my report and I will start by talking about how I was a last-minute addition ... LITERALLY!

I was already in Freeport only planning to have dinner with the gang, meet those folks coming in from out-of-town that I had not met before, see everyone off, and then go back home. However, Que informed us that she had to drop off the trip and the spot was offered to me.

I will admit it here, I did have to be talked into going. After all, it would be nearly three-hour round-trip to get to my house, grab my dive gear and some clothes, then get back to the boat. I did not think I would get back in time, however, ZD informed me that they would wait. After a little more persuasion from most everyone there, I hopped into my truck around 6:30 to go get my gear, I arrived back at the boat just after nine.

I am so glad that I got to go. I had already been out to the Flower Gardens three times previously but this trip topped all of them. The diving was awesome and of course, the crew was super awesome. The hurricane that was several hundred miles to the east was never a factor on this trip, in fact, the weather was never a factor at all. Unlike my three prior trips to the Flower Gardens, where at least one dive in each trip was cancelled, all 11 scheduled dives were made including one dive at a rig.

As mentioned before, one of the highlights came Sunday night as we sat out on the back deck. We were out on Stetson Bank and Cap'n Bruce turned off all of the outside lights on the boat. Right then and there, the stars on the sky came to life. It was sight that just can not be described but I would hope that if you have the chance to spend a night out there like that, please do it.

I would be remiss if I did not thank everyone involved for such a wonderful time.

To our Captains, Bruce and Al, thanks so much for getting us out there and back; To Chef Al, thanks for the awesome meals and the good music you played on your boombox while we ate; To our Divemasters Bill, George, and James, thanks for all you did to make sure everything went off so well. All of you were awesome! :cool1:

To Gar, Phyllis, John, ZD, Walter, Marvel, Kamala, Mandi, Karl, John, Tom, Kevin, Keith, Linda, and Carla, it was a pleasure hanging with and diving with all of you. You were definately the best group I had ever gone on a diving trip with. Some of you I already had met in person but most of you I had not. It is great to now put a face with the name. I certainly look forward to diving with you again.

Finally, I would like to thank Que for offering her spot to me and Sandy for leading the chorus of persuasion. :respect: Let me tell you, peer pressure does work! :2cool:
-Mitch-

#21 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 13 July 2005 - 11:36 AM

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

This was an absolutely fabulous trip!!!!!!

The diving was great!!! The boat crew did a great job!!! All the divers were a great group to be on a trip with, I am glad I got to meet each and everyone of them, and hope to see them on future dives!!! I had a lot of personal firsts for me: my first boat dive, reef dive, warm water dive, oil rig dive and dive to 100', of course my first SingleDivers trip, but not my last. The stars were a gorgeuos sight (Thank You Carla and Phyllis for identifying me!!!)

A special thanks to those SingleDivers who didn't go on the trip, but helped with rides, places to stay, weights and anything else I didn't mention!!! :thankyou: Sandy, Que and Katie for your great efforts!!!

And a special :thankyou: to Kamala for getting a SingleDivers trip to the Texas Flower Gardens, all the other trips she has put together and of course the SingleDivers.com board itself!!

Keith

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Edited by MNJoe, 13 July 2005 - 03:12 PM.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#22 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:26 PM

my first SingleDivers trip, but not my last. The stars were a gorgeuos sight (Thank You Carla and Phyllis for identifying me!!!)

Keith

:thankyou: :thankyou: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Oh, I believe it was our pleasure! You're a great sport. I'll definitely want to dive with you again!
:clapping:
Phyllis

#23 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 13 July 2005 - 03:35 PM

Just a reminder to all to post photos! The rest of us are jealous!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#24 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:23 PM

And a special  to Kamala for getting a SingleDivers trip to the Texas Flower Gardens, all the other trips she has put together and of course the SingleDivers.com board itself!!

Keith you are MOST welcome!!! It is my pleasure!

And thank you for being an awesome dive buddy! No matter what we did...where we went...or what happened it was great knowing you were always to my left slightly forward or back but usually only 15 ft away! And you did awesome on your air consumption and your diving skills were great! You can dive with me anywhere...anytime! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#25 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:25 PM

And thank you for being an awesome dive buddy! No matter what we did...where we went...or what happened it was great knowing you were always to my left slightly forward or back but usually only 15 ft away! And you did awesome on your air consumption and your diving skills were great! You can dive with me anywhere...anytime! -ww

Well, I guess we know who sent the flowers!!!!
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#26 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

Dr D, let's try and keep this one OT.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:29 PM

Yep I thought that too...but alas it wasn't him either! :o

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#28 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

Well, heck, it ain't fair that the Wench don't know who sent her the Flowers!!!

Fess up to her whoever!!!!
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#29 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 13 July 2005 - 06:02 PM

I certainly feel I should have gotten her flowers for the privilege of having her as my dive buddy, but if I take credit and the secret admirer comes forward I sure would look bad.

Keith

P.S. Kamala, did you have another buddy on the side? I think I am getting jealous.

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#30 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:12 PM

Well, heck, it ain't fair that the Wench don't know who sent her the Flowers!!!

Fess up to her whoever!!!!

Ok I'm with DrD on this one...time to start giving me some clues...otherwise I'll just pick someone... :lmao:

Hmmm....I think I'll start with everyone on the FG trip...

p.s. Keith...even if I did have another buddy...it was on a different trip! You were my ONLY one on this one! :lmao:

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users