• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Instructor gear for teaching

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:30 AM

Perhaps on land, gravity has a different effect when you are neutrally buoyant.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#62 drdiver

drdiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:46 AM

Not really. Gravity is still gravity. Water is not a weightless environment. The blood system is a hydraulic system without free communication between the arterial and venous systems. Blood still pools in the legs when you are in a vertical position whether in the water or not. The buoyancy concept simply refers to your weight versus the weight of water that you displace--says nothing about internal systems.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#63 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 19 September 2005 - 11:03 AM

I bought a Zeagle and thought it was the cat's meow.  Then, I sold it under duress when I needed money.  I figured one day, I'd get back to that "sweet BC".  Then, I learned about divers doing the stuff I wanted to do.  Wrecks.  And they weren't wearing gear anything like I had seen. 

hmmmm

i dive a zeagle, and it is the cat's meow.

and all i dive are wrecks and caves.

it's not the gear that makes the diver

Edited by BradfordNC, 19 September 2005 - 11:05 AM.

OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#64 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:49 PM

Well,

I know a bit more these days than I did when I sold my Zeagle.

Question for you. How do you carry your stages with the Zeagle you have? And which one do you have? Ranger?

When I said I didn't see anyone diving that kind of stuff, my exposure was to the guys around here. The WKPP guys sure weren't wearing Zeagles, and with Dive Rite about 60 minutes from my house... Well, you get the idea.

Thanks,

-P

#65 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:14 PM

Question for you. How do you carry your stages with the Zeagle you have? And which one do you have? Ranger?

When I said I didn't see anyone diving that kind of stuff, my exposure was to the guys around here. The WKPP guys sure weren't wearing Zeagles, and with Dive Rite about 60 minutes from my house... Well, you get the idea.

same way everyone else clips off their stages

to the shoulder D ring and the waist D ring.

and yes, its the Zeagle Ranger.

and the "guys around here" in your area are the same guys i dive with.
i cave dive all over north Florida as well. and see plenty of different configurations.

one thing most people forget about the WKPP is their divers are not doing recreational dives, they are doing research and exploration dives for a university.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#66 PerroneFord

PerroneFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,303 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 01:44 PM

same way everyone else clips off their stages

to the shoulder D ring and the waist D ring.

and yes, its the Zeagle Ranger.

and the "guys around here" in your area are the same guys i dive with.
i cave dive all over north Florida as well. and see plenty of different configurations.

one thing most people forget about the WKPP is their divers are not doing recreational dives, they are doing research and exploration dives for a university.

My Zeagle didn't have the rings, well not a waist ring, but it made sense that you'd have the Ranger. Now that I get to see more cave divers these days, I do see lots of differfent configs as well. Just didn't years ago, and not until I expanded my horizons a bit.

Next time you're in N. FL. Give a shout. I've always got cold beers handy for visiting divers or other cool people.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users