• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

N.C. Wreck Dive and SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:34 AM

:unsure: Kamala, thanks so much for another fantastic trip and taking so good care of us on and off the boat. Getting up at 5 am every morning to feed us is a tough job, and your barbeque (also thanks to Scott) was delicious. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this trip. I will definitely join you on another Morehead trip.

I dreamed all night about our last dive. Sharks, sharks, sharks, and more sharks. I loved it.
And it was great to spend time diving with “old” and new friends.

Ellen, you are a wonderful dive buddy. I am looking forward to dive with you again.
Dan, thanks again for taking a detour to pick me up, and …. letting me drive your nice car.
Jay, you are funny. :)

Doris

#2 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:38 AM

Hey ya'll!!!
I'm home, tired but feeling good! I guess I'm the first so I will start the topic.

First, what a great diving trip! I think I can speak for all when I say what a great time we all had. Actually, I would like to see everyone speak for themselves.

The North Carolina shoreline is beautiful. The wrecks are amazing. Worth every minute of the 2 hour ride out and back. The crew of Diver Down are just fantastic people. Friendly, personable and knowledgeable. I did get to meet the boat owner Bobby just briefly as he was all bandaged up from shoulder surgery but he still had a smile on his face and trying to lend a hand.

Though the dive on the Atlas was a bit tough with the limited visibility, it was completely overshadowed by our final dive. I don't where else you can hang vertically, just above a wreck in 70ft of water and have a 6ft sand tiger shark circle you just inches away. (Just keep breathing) He was about as curious about me as I was about him I guess. I replay this scene in my dreams now. Can't wait to see the pictures!

Thanks to everyone who came and made this such a fun and memorable trip. Doris for sharing the driving with me. Scott for doing the grillin on the BBQ. Everyone who lent a hand to their fellow divers in and out of the water. Allen for videoing. We all hope he can get the time soon to edit all the many tapes he now has and make them available. And most of all to Kamala for hooking us up with a great boat and giving us a first hand experience at wreck diving in North Carolina.

See ya'll on the next trip!

Attached Images

• NC20050006a.jpg

We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#3 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

Hey ya'll!!!
I'm home, tired but feeling good! I guess I'm the first so I will start the topic.

Hmm, I was first, but I posted under the old thread :twist:

#4 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

Doris and Dan,

I went ahead and merged both of your posts on this subject together. Sorry Dan, it does look like she beat you to the punch. :twist:

I am glad that you both had a great time....looking forward to more trip details.

-ZD
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#5 Seawitch

Seawitch

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW/Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:25 AM

Sounds like you guys had a great time, :twist: Now, where are the pics, pics, pics... :fish:

"The battle of the sexes cannot be won; there is too much fraternization with the enemy" - Henry Kissinger

#6 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

Doris and Dan,

I went ahead and merged both of your posts on this subject together. Sorry Dan, it does look like she beat you to the punch. :fish:

I am glad that you both had a great time....looking forward to more trip details.

-ZD

Thanks, ZD. :twist:

#7 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:48 AM

Sounds like you guys had a great time, :twist: Now, where the pics, pics, pics... :fish:

Yes, Volky, we had a super great weekend, and we missed you. There was still one bed empty in our room.
Luckeley, you don’t have too much longer before your doctor lets you dive again. Yeah!!!

Scubabjs took some fantastic pics. And Dive N rolled his video camera again.

Doris

#8 yaj12795

yaj12795

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water- working on Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:21 PM

hay gang.... It's yaj.... and for for all those on the NC dive...pick a name that sounds good for me because the wench just can't handle yaj....their was some great dives, and the water was bath worm... and For my roomy Jeff I hope you let the penguin's out of the bathroom. This being my first dive with the group i want to say thanks for putting up with me...Just ask folks...putting up with me would be right...LOL...And POST THE PICS I had no way to take any. And I so wanted to be first but hay..you kniow what they say about the NICE guys....LOL
PS.. would some one take Doris out danceing :twist:

#9 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 08 August 2005 - 04:43 PM

I'm really not sure who to quote first.. but here goes!

I HAD A BLAST!

Kamala thanks for putting together another AWESOME AWESOME trip! And thanks to Scott for all his hard work on the grill.. as culinary challenged individual .. I really love men that can cook!

The diving and the company on this trip was incredible. I hope I get to dive with you all again REALLY SOON. October anyone? :D

And yes.. I do plan on getting Doris, Volky, Jen and some of the other DC girls out dancing here ASAP! :teeth:
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

#10 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:18 PM

PS.. would some one take Doris out dancing :D

If she can dance a country 2-step, I will do it! :teeth:
-Mitch-

#11 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:59 PM

All,

I'm sitting in the Chicago airport and wanted to post a few comments about the weekend.

First, I will definitely be back to NC for Wreck diving. It was just an amazing experience. As CaptSaaz put it, it was well worth the 2 hour boat rides to the dive sites. I mean the first dive was on a WWII U-Boat and the last dive was with over a dozen sharks.

Second, thanks for all of the complements about my cooking. To be honest I was glad to do it and is something I truly enjoy, even if I am "culinary challenged" :birthday: I owe ALL the credit to the Wench's marinade!

Third, to my dive buddy and roommate SeaHorseWrangler... thanks. Thanks for making it a fun weekend, thanks for making me laugh underwater, and really... I don't need any gum.. :D Can't wait for Fiji, Fiji, Fiji...

Fourth, it was great meeting all the new folks (at least to me) on this trip. I can't wait to dive with you guys again.

Fifth, to those that I knew from previous trips, it was great catching up with you guys. Your all great fun to dive with!! CaptSaaz, can't wait for Fiji, Fiji, Fiji.

Last, but absolutely not least, to the Wench. I truly meant it that your @$$ was smaller on this trip then on Saba. I also truly believe that is because you are working it off. Between picking us up at the airport, driving us to the dive location, buying all the supplies for breakfast, lunch and the BBQ, coordinating all the stuff needed for each diver on the trip, setting up breakfast each morning (at 5:30 am), bringing the food and drinks on the dive boat, setting up dinner locations each night, and the millions of other things that you did on the trip you truly are the hardest working person I know. :teeth:

BTW, do please post pictures, Much like Yaj, I don't have an underwater camera and I want some to keep as memories.....

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#12 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:19 AM

And yes.. I do plan on getting Doris, Volky, Jen and some of the other DC girls out dancing here ASAP! :cheerleader:

Great Vanessa, I am looking forward to it. :teeth: :cheerleader: :teeth:

#13 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:24 AM

PS.. would some one take Doris  out dancing :cheerleader:

If she can dance a country 2-step, I will do it! :cheerleader:

Nope, I am German and absolutely can’t dance to contry western music. :teeth:

#14 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 August 2005 - 06:52 AM

Well come dive with us in Florida, Doris. I'll take you dancing after the dives.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

#15 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:04 AM

Well come dive with us in Florida, Doris. I'll take you dancing after the dives.

Ok, Walter, I hold you to that promise. I will let you know went I come your way. :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users