• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

N.C. Wreck Dive and SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#16 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:09 AM

I was disappointed we did not get to go dancing on our trip...I thought the guys were going to come a get us to go!!!

Maybe Walter should have come with us instead...then we all could have gone dancing! :cheerleader:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#17 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:28 AM

Kamala,

I did look into it, but couldn't get off work.

Doris,

Please do and come soon, I'd love to meet you.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#18 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:16 AM

I was disappointed we did not get to go dancing on our trip...I thought the guys were going to come a get us to go!!!

Theoretically, that would have been fun....However, this 5:30 AM thing is rough enough!

#19 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:32 AM

:cheerleader: Kamala, thanks so much for another fantastic trip and taking so good care of us on and off the boat. Getting up at 5 am every morning to feed us is a tough job, and your barbeque (also thanks to Scott) was delicious. I really appreciate all the hard work you put into this trip. I will definitely join you on another Morehead trip.

I dreamed all night about our last dive. Sharks, sharks, sharks, and more sharks. I loved it.
And it was great to spend time diving with ā€œoldā€ and new friends.

Ellen, you are a wonderful dive buddy. I am looking forward to dive with you again.
Dan, thanks again for taking a detour to pick me up, and ā€¦. letting me drive your nice car.
Jay, you are funny. :cheerleader:

Doris

Doris, thanks for being my buddy too. Even though together, we don't see much. :teeth: I know we have to dive together again one day because I found one of the booties I gave you on the deck. I have to see you again to give you the other one!! :teeth:

#20 Basslet

Basslet

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:46 AM

Well, my 5:45 flight didn't take off until 8:30. I did meet my friend from NC and we hung out at some coffee shop somewhere. I rushed to my gate at 5:15 because I thought for sure my flight was boarding, but the plane didn't even arrive. I guess it was because there was a collision on a runway at Newark airport. I got home around 11, to bed at 1am because I had to unpack. Can't do it tonight because I'm meeting some friends for dinner after work. So my son asks me if I'm doing laundry today. And I say "NO, you are." Make up for not feeding the cats when I was in Orlando. :cheerleader:

Got to say what a great time I had too. And I have the bruies to prove it. Thanks to Scott for the shark's tooth and fixing my busted o-ring, and to Dennis for helping me with my stuck pressure gauge.

The boat crew was awesome. And Bobby's wife was a sweetie, as were the owners of the Fisherman's (whatever I forget the name of the place).
That last dive was one to remember for a lifetime. So many sharks, so little bottom time.

Thanks again for an awesome trip. I got my son interested in it, so when he's a little more experienced, we'll be down there again.

#21 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:44 AM

:dltears:

and why did i have to miss this trip

:dltears: :dltears: :dltears: :dltears:

i love NC diving so much

:cheerleader: :dltears: :cheerleader: :dltears:
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#22 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:54 AM

The viz on the CaribeSea was stellar...and there were tons of sharks which is even more amazing since there were also 3 boats on the wreck as well. I found some really cool porcelain...unfortunately not all in tact but certainly a half a plate with some great markings as well as other great souveniers! And yes...some shark teeth for the neice and nephew. They have watched the video of their aunt WITH the sharks so wanted me to get them some teeth. I never knew how relentless a 6 year old can be! :wacko:

The viz on the Schurz was awesome...as was the most of the wrecks!!! It was very calm and flat and only a bit choppy on the last day but laid out as the day went on.

I was certainly ready for at least another day of diving if not two!!! The next trip is October and I think some folks on this trip finally figured out WHY I'm so crazy about the diving here...it is really magical! -ww

p.s. Brad...we really wished you could have been here too! Told some stories about you as well....hurry home my dear! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#23 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

Kamala,

I did look into it, but couldn't get off work.

Doris,

Please do and come soon, I'd love to meet you.

Walter, I am looking forward to meet you in person too. Come to NC in October and dance with Kamala, Vanessa and me after the dives. :wacko: :wakawaka:

Doris

#24 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:01 AM

p.s. Brad...we really wished you could have been here too! Told some stories about you as well....hurry home my dear! -ww

oh oh oh oh,

i wanna hear the stories too.

:teeth:

The viz on the Schurz was awesome...

ahhh yes, good ole Bridgespan 14.

hey, wait a minute. from lookin at who all went, it looks like i missed yet another NC trip that had like 87 single female divers, and prolly on 3 guys.

grrrrrrrr

:wacko: :wakawaka: :banghead: :banghead:

oh, heads are gonna roll for this, much blood shall be spilt
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#25 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:02 AM

Sounds like a great invitation, Doris!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#26 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:06 AM

[quote name='Fairybasslet' date='Aug 9 2005, 11:32 AM'] [/QUOTE]
Doris, thanks for being my buddy too. Even though together, we don't see much. :banghead: I know we have to dive together again one day because I found one of the booties I gave you on the deck. I have to see you again to give you the other one!! :wacko: [/quote]
I was looking for that one through my whole stuff. I took Jen's bathing suit and left something behind myself. Well, Ellen you are right we have to go diving again. I just signed up for the October Morehead trip. Come on girl, join us. :wakawaka:

Doris

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:39 AM

We did have a lot of girls on this trip! And they were usually the FIRST ones in the water too! Gotta love gals that are awesome divers too boot!!! WOO!!! HOO!!! And we certainly had them on this trip! -ww :wacko:

formerly...

#28 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 11:43 AM

We did have a lot of girls on this trip! And they were usually the FIRST ones in the water too! Gotta love gals that are awesome divers too boot!!! WOO!!! HOO!!! And we certainly had them on this trip! -ww :wakawaka:

:wacko: :wakawaka: :banghead: :banghead: :teeth: :banghead:

its a conspiracy

these jerks keep pullin me away from diving.

grrrrrrr

#29 scubabjs

scubabjs

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:27 PM

I have uploaded some of the photos I took from the Trip you can view them at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubabjs/

Bjs
So, if my computer is flashing 212 .. 212 .. 212 does that mean I can't go any deeper?

#30 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:36 PM

:wakawaka: What an experience! Everyone should try North Carolina diving once. The diving was deeper than I am used too. Most of all the wrecks had large amounts of Baitfish and great History. Our last diveā€¦.and I wish we could of done this dive daily was the Caribe Seaā€¦...Sharks, Sharks, Barracuda, Spades, Groupers, Baitfish and more. I would rate this dive with any of the best dives I have done at the Blue Corner, Sipadan, Red Sea, Kona (with Mantas) etc. This was one of my top 5 dives! I am glad I experienced it!

But this type of diving is not for everyone. As Kamala says you need experience. Long boat rides, rough waters (yes I missed one diveā€¦sea sick!) and deep depths. I now understand what Hardcore NC diving is about. But everyone should experience it at least once!

It was also great getting re-acquainted with Alan, Dan and Buzz and of course Kamala all from Cozumel. And Buzz you were a great Dive Buddy and finding our way back to the Diver Down on the Atlas dive that had 2-5ā€™ vis side to side but good vis up and down! Also making new friends with Vanessa, Heidi, Doris, Jeff, Scott and everyone elseā€¦ and the group of The Hardcore NC divers that have dove with Kamala in the past years.

We all need to appreciate the hard work Kamala puts into these trips from trying to accommodate everyone on Accommodations, Dive buddies, lunches, dinners etc. etc. After every dive she was getting out our lunch or snacks and Donā€™t forget the great BBQ! I asked her why she does not charge everyone an extra $100.00 and have a Caterer prepare the sack lunches and do the BBQ, so she can have more free timeā€¦Her responseā€¦..She says she loves doing it!!! :banghead:

Kamalaā€¦..you ROCK!!!!! Thanks again for the experience. :wacko:

Edited by Travelnsj, 09 August 2005 - 02:11 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users