• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

N.C. Wreck Dive and SHARKS!!!

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#31 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 09 August 2005 - 12:38 PM

I think that's a High Hat (drum fish), not a "stripped cubba." But I'm not a warm water diver, I just play one online! :wacko:

And yes, thanks for sharing since I missed this trip!!!

Edited by Dive_Girl, 09 August 2005 - 01:23 PM.

It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#32 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:18 PM

I have uploaded some of the photos I took from the Trip you can view them at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubabjs/

Bjs

Awesome pics, Brian. Thanks for sharing them.

#33 Warthog

Warthog

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI OW, AOW, Rescue, Nitrox, & Night
  • Logged Dives:60+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 01:52 PM

I knew I shoulda blew-off work and went on that trip. I need to listen to the voices more often :wacko:

Edited by Warthog, 09 August 2005 - 01:53 PM.

#34 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:11 PM

Don't tell anyone you're hearing voices, they including some on this board already think we are nuts for diving with sharks.
This is from NC a few years ago.

Attached Images

• NC33.JPG

I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#35 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 09 August 2005 - 02:19 PM

Don't tell anyone you're hearing voices, they including some on this board already think we are nuts for diving with sharks.
This is from NC a few years ago.

You dive with doubles? How much of an air hog are you anyway? :wacko:

#36 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:41 PM

I have uploaded some of the photos I took from the Trip you can view them at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/scubabjs/

Bjs

Awesome pics, Brian. Thanks for sharing them.

Doris,

I agree. The pics are great!!! Thanks for sharing! :wacko: :wakawaka:

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#37 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 03:56 PM

No Fairy Basslet, that's my buddy, he needed doubles because I don't breathe :cool2:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#38 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 09 August 2005 - 04:56 PM

No Fairy Basslet, that's my buddy, he needed doubles because I don't breathe :cool2:

I can vouch for that, he does not breathe, he has gills. He was giving me a complex, I have since dove with normal people and my air consumption is just fine thank you very much.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#39 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:13 PM

Okay, I just want to make sure we're real clear on one simple point here. I was on the July trip to NC and I wanted to go dancing every night, regardless of the early wake-up calls. So next time, let's make sure we get all of the dancers on the same trip, hey? Walter, are you with me here bud? These ladies want to dance... let's do some dancin'!

BTW Doris, every German girl I've dated knows how to country dance, they just don't realize it. I'm certain you know how to Waltz, right? Well, that's just another country dance darlin'... it ain't that difficult, trust me.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#40 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 09 August 2005 - 05:36 PM

BTW Doris, every German girl I've dated knows how to country dance, they just don't realize it. I'm certain you know how to Waltz, right? Well, that's just another country dance darlin'... it ain't that difficult, trust me.

Neptuner... that is so true. It's really easy to go from a regular waltz to a C/W waltz.....

Scott

:lam:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#41 yaj12795

yaj12795

Getting started

• Pip
  • 40 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water- working on Advanced
  • Logged Dives:50+

Posted 09 August 2005 - 09:01 PM

To all the DC. divers that, well made this first dive trip with SD. thanks again. GentDiver the grilling was great. Doris well Humm... Its was nice you had all the sun tan lotion ( take that all you other guys LOL ). Miss Goddess, looking forward to diving with you again, Cap. nothing like a get in get out diver.
As for the myth about dancing, their was one diver on the trip who did not need a Nappie poo, or go to bed early and that person told some other people about dancing ever night, well one person DID... Humm,
Miss Fairy, had so many bruise on her leg I would hate to see a week trip, but dive she did, great fun, thanks for the laughs.
Scub. Those are great pics. and look out for those Giant margaritas, they are a killer...LOL
As for the WENCH. DID ANY ONE FORGET ABOUT THE LITTLE DIVER MISS HAP THAT THE WENCH WAS JOHNY ON THE SPOT TO HANDEL... She even got the diver back in the water. Good looking out Kamala. also thanks for getting the nitrox course for me, good things come to those who look not for reward, I will be sure to dive with you all again soon.
The crew even gave up a reg for me or I would have been our a couple hunda, and missed the first dive. For my dive buddy and room mate Jeff, He was 2 feet away swimming up side down under one of those 8 foot sand sharks and people I am not kidding. Nice to have a dive buddy who even the sharks won't mess with....
DiveN. I'll be looking forward to finishing up the dive books with you.
And last but not least... I made it to my sisters and Monday started her house and at noon went back to the hotel and slept till 3. Even I need some sleep.
See you all again soon.....
jay Newsom

#42 Ariesno1

Ariesno1

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600

Posted 10 August 2005 - 05:54 AM

Well, Neptuner, you can teach me in October if you sign up for the Morehead trip.

I was told that every night you played songs to the girls before they went to sleep. I am looking forward to that treat. :birthday:

Doris

#43 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 10 August 2005 - 08:14 AM

Jay, you can rub lotion on my back any time. You were the best. Nice strong hands and great massage technique :birthday: BTW, I guess you didn't see the bruises on my arms. I was showing all my friends at work and after work yesterday. I just bruise easily. :dazzler:

Scott (gentdiver) the shark's tooth you so graciously gave me made a really great impression on everyone. Thanks for trading the little one for the big one. :twist: Next time, WreckGoddess is going to have to teach me how to find them.

Edited by Fairybasslet, 10 August 2005 - 08:15 AM.

#44 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 10 August 2005 - 10:21 AM

:teeth: Next time, WreckGoddess is going to have to teach me how to find them.

it's easy, just look on the decks of the wrecks. think of it as a macro dive, just get in there close and keep your eyes peeled.

of course, when ya dive the Carib Sea, all ya gotta do is stick your hand down, grab a handfull of sand, and then let the sand sift out through your fingers, you'll prolly end up with several teeth per handfull.

on the 4 July 2004 trip when we went to the Carib Sea i think pretty much every diver came up with at least a half dozen teeth.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#45 hydrophilicity

hydrophilicity

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 10 August 2005 - 11:22 AM

Okay, I just want to make sure we're real clear on one simple point here. I was on the July trip to NC and I wanted to go dancing every night, regardless of the early wake-up calls. So next time, let's make sure we get all of the dancers on the same trip, hey? Walter, are you with me here bud? These ladies want to dance... let's do some dancin'!

But we didn't NEED to go out dancin' with that fabulous in-suite entertainment every night!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users