• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#16 Dark Water Diver

Dark Water Diver

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Gender:Default...if you do not click on either male or female, a moderator will contact you to help fill out correctly.
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:451 Logged Dives

Posted 15 August 2005 - 04:40 PM

I must admit that I had more fun at this one outing than I have had since I started diving in '98. Each and every one of the people I met were warm, and helpful, as well as crazy at times, which allowed me to fit right in.

I decided not to attend the Saturday night bash, but Barry, Twinkles, and Travis were great company, and at least Twinkles and I made good use of the Bailey's. :banghead:

Since the trip, I have decided to become a premier member and as promised, I will soon begin working with Glen, aka Hawkeye in setting up a greater San Antonio and Austin Happy Hour for the divers in those areas.

I wish to thank everyone there for making my initial outing with the group one I will not soon forget, and I will be seeing you guys again - I promise.

:wavey:

#17 SunDuster

SunDuster

Getting started

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:22 PM

:wavey:

Hi Ya'll. I've been lurking on the board here for awhile and after seeing this trip I decided to take the plunge and sign up.

It seems you guys and gals are having a great time. :banghead:

#18 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 15 August 2005 - 05:57 PM

:banghead:

Hi Ya'll. I've been lurking on the board here for awhile and after seeing this trip I decided to take the plunge and sign up.

It seems you guys and gals are having a great time. :rolleyes:

:wavey: Welcome SunDuster - We do have a great time when we get together. Please post an intro in the Getting Started area, so we can all welcome you to the group, and I hope to see you at the next Happy Hour.

Sandy

#19 wtxblaze

wtxblaze

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox,AOW
  • Logged Dives:103

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:05 PM

Hello everyone. For my first dives after class I have to say ya'll were some good people to be my first timers with, not to rough, gentle and a good time. I look forward to hooking up with ya'll up at Terrel one of these days.
Maybe some of the stuff we talked about before the trip like the scavenger hunt, and maybe poker or volleyball in between dives would be nice.

#20 sun50

sun50

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 15 August 2005 - 06:06 PM

Wish I hadn't missed this one; but with Grenada comong up, thought I'd better get some things done here!!!!!!
Next time for sure!

#21 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:08 PM

Since the trip, I have decided to become a premier member and as promised, I will soon begin working with Glen, aka Hawkeye in setting up a greater San Antonio and Austin Happy Hour for the divers in those areas.

Fantastic! When you start posting the wheres and the whens of your HHs, watch out for some of us to crash on down to see you!

PlatypusMan

..presented in glorious Generation II Platypiivision.

Posted Image
There's a PARTY over there!

#22 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

I know that I certainly did not have anything to do with the organization of this trip, nor do I have any regrets, but I do feel compelled to post a slightly more detailed version of our antics. First though, let me say, Steve....CUDDOS (I don't think I know how to spell that)!!!! You did a fine job in putting this together! And I think I speak for everyone in attendance ( and some who were not) when I say :-D :wub: :o :P :D :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :wakawaka: :lmao: :lmao: :respect: :respect: :-D :-D :;-+: !!!!!!!

Second, let me say, although I was offered plenty of other showers, the only shower I shared was with.......................... Wait for it.................................... Big Tall Hippie, the safe guy, and as embarassing as that was, I'm sure he will back me up on that. It was a little tricky sharing the water though, but we got through it UNTOUCHED, heh Kevin?

Third, the scheduling was impeccable! It was absolutely reminiscent of a relaxed Carribean trip, without all the hassles of airports and dive boats and pescky dive masters always wanting to throw you in the water. It was also abscent some diving, but what the hell, drinking and dancing with the right company can sometimes be equal to diving . I was elated by our Friday evening dive, which took place at the Oasis, and though involved some amount of liquid, did not incorporate much H2O. The only more amazing dive was our Saturday morning sunrise dive! We had a great dive and were out of the lake just in time for lunch, it was beautiful!!! Not to mention the fact that a whole new group had joined our camp by then. I'm not sure so many were sd members, but we didn't give a ship! At this point it was obvious that diving was playing second fiddle anyway, and rightfully so given the company on board!

And speaking of dancing, I've never seen lap dances given by two individuals, as they were on Saturday night, nor have I ever seen the dancers pay the customer. I'll be thinking about that one for awhile and trying to figure out how I can implement that technique in some other Austin hotspots!

Now people, you can't know the fun you missed at our imprompto HH held at what I was gonna call an "undisclosed" location (that has already been disclosed). I saw and heard things they don't teach where I grew up. When Big Tall Hippie said "letting us get our hair down", you can't imagine what that looked like from the sidelines. I heard songs that cannot be repeated in most medias and that would have most religions hiding in closets! (No pun intended) I saw Chubakka dance with the tiniest little cowgirl you can imagine, I saw Salsa lessons being given across racial boundaries but in reverse, I saw SD-whine spritzers go down like Trimix's ( who from now on is to be referred to as "JOSE TRI-BUDA QUERVO" with respect ) overweighting story, I saw Scuba Punk getting paid for things that most guys would be blush to consider, I saw people dance together, in amazing fashion, that President Bush won't let get married (none of our group of course), I saw Scuba Steve dance with everybody, and I saw lots and lots of hair! Flying everwhere.... in all directions! When BTH says he's letting his hair down, he shames most women!!!

And that was just that one night! In addition to that, I learned that there must be warm water currents that flow all directions in Lake Travis and have the capability of scattering a group of divers up and down 300 yards of waters edge. I also learned that if you load a scuba gear cart properly, it will unload itself if you just let go of the handle. VERY CONVENIANT bit of information given the relaxed group we had there this last weekend! I learned from the learned, that it doesn't matter what gear you have, or for that matter if you have any, just so long as part of it will inflate and the other part will sink, or someone has something ressembling that description you can borrow, you can dive Lake Travis. I learned you can night dive in Lake Travis with out a light, cause you can't see a damn thing anyway.....Day or night. When your done with your dive just hit the button! You'll have just as good of odds ascending where you thought you would as you will somewhere you didn't think you would. A b.c. inflater in Lake Travis is apparently like eject for divers...... OH and I learned you don't have to know what your talking about to talk. ( this little story is probably good evidence of that).

Beyond the scope of those diving related topics which I learned so much from, I learned that fish like hotdogs but hate chickens, and that cateloupe doesn't keep well in a cooler of hot water. Also that if you offer it to other people, they always say they don't like canteloupe! They will eat grapes though, so always take lots of grapes wherever you go. But don't take oranges or apples, pop tarts and Baileys are very popular commodaties though, especially right after a sunrise dive. Or just after the afternoon dive, or just before bed time for that matter. Actually pop tarts, and Baileys with a touch of some other liquor on ice is very popular drink!!! For girls, guys, bees, punks whatever! Even west Texas boys will dive in the dark for that! I will always admire ScubaChucks reasons for celebration which vary from "I just got done diving" to I'm thinking of diving again, let's have a drink" or even "I'm think I'm gonna sit down" or "I think I just did". Or maybe "where are my super sized binoculars, oh there they are, by my drink". I also found out that East Texas girls know more about big truck mechanics than underwater construction divers!

And just to finish off I learned that a SingleDivers event, especially in Central Texas, the heart of the known universe, is not to be missed and that with a great bunch of people like this you, better never miss out again!!!!!

I have vowed, from this day forward, if even half of that group is every getting together anywhere in the center of the known universe, and I am able, to drive, fly, walk, sail, run, or ride to on a unicycle, I WILL BE THERE!!!!

And to all who made it happen, I say THANKYOU!!!!!!!!!! Ihad a blast!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

CREDITS:
(not neccesarly in order of apperance)

TRIMIX ( Jose Tri-Buda Querve )
BIG TALL HIPPIE (Pantene Boy )
PLATYPUSMAN
SCUBACHUCK
SCUBAPUNK
SUDSYMARK
TWINKLEZ
WTXBLAZE
DEEP DIVER STUD
TEXAS STAR FISH
JULIO (something or other)
B3TTY
LEAUDAUSTIN
TDTEXAS
DARK WATER DIVER
DUSTBOWL DIVER

and I'm sure of host of other I am forgetting, but deserve equal credit for making a great time for all!!!!!

Sincerely,
Hawkeye1251

Edited by HAWKEYE1251, 15 August 2005 - 08:34 PM.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#23 sun50

sun50

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 15 August 2005 - 08:39 PM

So...did you have a good time?!

#24 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 16 August 2005 - 07:36 AM

Sounds like Hawkeye is waiting for someone to plan another event. Maybe we should have the Annual Texas Round-up - quarterly.

Glad everyone had a good time.

Remember, what goes on at Lake Travis stays at Lake Travis.

:welcome:

#25 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 16 August 2005 - 08:01 AM

Sounds like Hawkeye is waiting for someone to plan another event. Maybe we should have the Annual Texas Round-up - quarterly.

Glad everyone had a good time.

Remember, what goes on at Lake Travis stays at Lake Travis.

:welcome:

until it gets posted on the internet!

hmmm, a quarterly Lake Travis outing...sounds like a good idea to me!

#26 b3tty

b3tty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:60

Posted 16 August 2005 - 11:20 AM

Hi guys, thanks for everybody I met for being so nice. :cheerleader:
Sorry to miss Saturday night at Carlos n' Charlies, it sounds like you guys had alot of fun. Hope we can do this again soon. :cheerleader:

#27 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 16 August 2005 - 09:11 PM

John and Tom, next time, no partying before any SD events, get lots of sleep so you can hang with us through Saturday night, K? 

Me embarrassed I missed a party! :dltears: You know I was beaten down if someone was out there having fun without me! :teeth:

Great time by & for everyone! It was a great group who just wanted to have a good time & "no hassle mon". :lmao:

Tom
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#28 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:08 AM

:lmao:

It seems you guys and gals are having a great time. :twist:

Lurk no more. Welcome aboard. Your lucky Houston has one of the largest populations of SD in the country.

There are only a few you'll need to keep your eye on. :twist:

Look forward to meeting you at future events. Good luck.

#29 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:07 AM

Thanks everyone for a great weekend. It's always great to blow some bubbles when the stress level is expodentially increasing. It's a little different than diving in Long Island Sound. Crappy vis, but good company always makes up for that. Thanks for putting everything together and I can't wait until my next trip or HH. It was a pleasure meeting everyone and hopefully I'll see y'all soon.

:birthday: :birthday:

#30 DeepDiverStud

DeepDiverStud

Getting started

• Pip
  • 42 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox Mixed Gas
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:12 PM

All I can say is WOW. It was fun, exciting, intoxicating(literally) hahaha, and a hell of alot of fun to make a splash and not have to work for once.

I had fun, met new faces, and saw a few familiar ones. Lets make this happen again soon. I get in from offshore in 2 weeks, Is that too soon? hahahaha

:teeth:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users