• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#31 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2005 - 05:54 PM

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.  It's always great to blow some bubbles when the stress level is expodentially increasing.  It's a little different than diving in Long Island Sound.  Crappy vis, but good company always makes up for that.  Thanks for putting everything together and I can't wait until my next trip or HH.  It was a pleasure meeting everyone and hopefully I'll see y'all soon.

:teeth:  :teeth:

Pssssst...

Hey gang---the Master Plan is working.

We've got the Yankee saying y'all now.

Platypusman

Y'all think this might start a trend?---- :o

#32 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 17 August 2005 - 06:10 PM

Thanks everyone for a great weekend.  It's always great to blow some bubbles when the stress level is expodentially increasing.  It's a little different than diving in Long Island Sound.  Crappy vis, but good company always makes up for that.  Thanks for putting everything together and I can't wait until my next trip or HH.  It was a pleasure meeting everyone and hopefully I'll see y'all soon.

:teeth:  :o

Pssssst...

Platypusman

Y'all think this might start a trend?---- :fish:

That sure didn't take long. :teeth: I fought it for 2 years after I moved here. :lmao: It's kind of embarrasing when it slips out when I'm back in Detroit though, not good for my reputation. :2cool:

#33 leaudaustin

leaudaustin

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 17 August 2005 - 09:13 PM

That sure didn't take long. :cool1: I fought it for 2 years after I moved here. :lmao:  It's kind of embarrasing when it slips out when I'm back in Detroit though, not good for my reputation. :2cool:

I had the opposite reaction. :) When I moved from Maine to North Carolina years ago, I jumped right in with both feet and adopted this most relaxed and useful addition to our language with enthusiasm. :2cool: As y'all might be able to tell, the enthusiasm hasn't quite worn off.

Until you've lost your reputation, you never realize what a burden it was.
--Margaret Mitchell

One can survive everything, nowadays, except death, and live down everything except a good reputation.
--Oscar Wilde

#34 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 17 August 2005 - 10:13 PM

That sure didn't take long. :cool1: I fought it for 2 years after I moved here. :lmao: It's kind of embarrasing when it slips out when I'm back in Detroit though, not good for my reputation. :2cool:

Sandy, the day I see you wearing boots, hat, and Rockies (that's Rocky Mountain jeans) and cutting a 2-step to a George Strait tune, I will know the transformation is complete! :2cool:
-Mitch-

#35 tdtexas

tdtexas

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:152 Bluewater, not counting lake/quarry dives

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:20 PM

:usflag:  :P

Pssssst...

Platypusman

Y'all think this might start a trend?---- :fish:

I was happy just to watch her enjoy her first "pick up tailgate" ride! :o
Live Life To The Fullest, ARE YOU WITH ME!!!!!!!

Tom

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
No, his mind is not for rent to any god or govement. Alway hopeful yet discontent. He knows changes are never permanent, but change is.

N. Peart

#36 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:09 PM

That sure didn't take long. :usflag: I fought it for 2 years after I moved here. :lmao:  It's kind of embarrasing when it slips out when I'm back in Detroit though, not good for my reputation. :P

Sandy, the day I see you wearing boots, hat, and Rockies (that's Rocky Mountain jeans) and cutting a 2-step to a George Strait tune, I will know the transformation is complete! :o

:lmao: :fish: :lmao: :dance:
Now that would be sight to see! You may be waiting a long time for that one, just promise you don't take any pictures. I can't let the gang back home see that!

#37 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:39 PM

Sandy, the day I see you wearing boots, hat, and Rockies (that's Rocky Mountain jeans) and cutting a 2-step to a George Strait tune, I will know the transformation is complete!  :o

:dance: :P :lmao: :fish:
Now that would be sight to see! You may be waiting a long time for that one, just promise you don't take any pictures. I can't let the gang back home see that!

Oh, I don't know, I think you would look pretty good! :usflag: But I am sure it would be a major shock to your family back up in Michigan IF they saw this. :lmao:
-Mitch-

#38 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:48 PM

Sandy, the day I see you wearing boots, hat, and Rockies (that's Rocky Mountain jeans) and cutting a 2-step to a George Strait tune, I will know the transformation is complete!  :o

:dance: :P :lmao: :fish:

Oh, I don't know, I think you would look pretty good! :usflag: But I am sure it would be a major shock to your family back up in Michigan IF they saw this. :lmao:

We could just send a picture of Sandy in mask, snorkel, fins, BC, reg, tank, etc with Sharks in the picture! I think the Rockies might go over alot better by then!

#39 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:34 AM

Sandy - next time home use the following terms to make your family cry.

Terms: fixin, yonder, twixs, ya'll, webe, shitin, happier than a pig in slop, and beo'er.

After a couple of sentences with these winner in them, my family in PA is completely lost.

#40 dustbowl diver

dustbowl diver

"Charlie"

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,028 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:139

Posted 19 August 2005 - 06:51 AM

I was happy just to watch her enjoy her first "pick up tailgate" ride! :fish:

Three cheers for 'tailgate' rides!!!

:usflag: :o :P

DBD
"Yesterday's gone, tomorrow never knows, today will never be the same again!"-Jibe

#41 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 19 August 2005 - 07:52 AM

Terms: fixin, yonder, twixs, ya'll, webe, shitin, happier than a pig in slop, and beo'er. 

After a couple of sentences with these winner in them, my family in PA is completely lost.

Actually, some of these have me lost too. :respect: I guess I'll have to figure out what they mean before I try them out up north. Then again, they wouldn't know if I was using them correctly or not. :usflag:

#42 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 19 August 2005 - 11:55 AM

Actually, some of these have me lost too. :cheerleader: I guess I'll have to figure out what they mean before I try them out up north. Then again, they wouldn't know if I was using them correctly or not. :birthday:

As a native Texan, let me see if I can help ya out:

fixin - about to do something
yonder - over there
twixs - I have no idea!
ya'll - you all or up North - yous guys
webe - we are
shitin - @!&% ing
happier than a pig in slop - pretty damn happy, in fact, life couldn't get much better
beo'er - I have no idea!

#43 leaudaustin

leaudaustin

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, EAN
  • Logged Dives:51

Posted 19 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

Uh oh, the North might need some representin' here. (Even then, I must give the caveat that I'm coming from New England side of the continent.)

No, no, it's simply "you guys." And "you all" is used to. But "y'all" is rarely heard.

happier than a pig in slop - pretty damn happy, in fact, life couldn't get much better

Yes, while I don't know that the expression is really used in the North--not to my knowledge--there are plenty of farms with pigs all the way into Maine and probably everywhere in the rural areas of the country. So the sense is easy enough to guess for anyone whose spent a little time on a farm. (Or read about it or seen it on tv? I don't know.)

Now, "happy as a clam" is kinda a weird expression. I wonder where it came from. Well, we here know the secret to happiness: clams blow bubbles! Aha.

#44 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:36 PM

fixin - about to do something
yonder - over there
twixs - I have no idea!
webe - we are
shitin - @!&% ing
beo'er - I have no idea![/QUOTE]

I'm not too sure about twixs, but I have to guess that to be East Texas or Lousiana as it seems to have a Cajun influence. As for "beo'er", I believe this refers to what time we will get to your house. "We'll beo'er this evnin' to call on ya'll". I'm not sure though, it could have a double meaning.
I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#45 Fin-again

Fin-again

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water + Nitrox - Several other Certs

Posted 19 August 2005 - 02:40 PM

:hiya:

Hi Ya'll. I've been lurking on the board here for awhile and after seeing this trip I decided to take the plunge and sign up.

It seems you guys and gals are having a great time. :)

;) Glad to see you are thinking about joining us at SingleDivers.com

I was a lurker for a while too.... I read the board for a few months
before taking the plunge. :P

Please come out to some of the Houston Happy Hours so we can meet and greet you in person. And by all means join us on any of the upcoming trips.

Fin-again :fish:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users