• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 August 2005 - 11:55 PM

You will not want to miss this one! PLUS we are helping Cozumel rebuild!!!

Hot Cozy Nights! Rocking in the New Year with SingleDivers.com!!!
Dec 30- Jan 6 or Dec 31- Jan 7th or any 3 or 4 day combo

Who's Going?

1. Kamala aka WW - Dallas, TX - (pd/airDFW/F-F) Survey
2. Kim aka Fingrabber - Dallas - (pd/airDFW/F-F)- Survey
3. Stan aka Desert_Diver - Mesa AZ - (pd/F-F) - Survey
4. Phyllis aka Stingray1 (5 days) direct air (pd) - Survey
5. John aka Platypus Man (dep/airDFW/F-F)
6. Keith aka MNJoe (pd/airDFW/F-F)
7. Henry aka ScubaHawk (7 days, S-S, direct air) - Survey
8. Sonny aka Sonny Beaches ( 5 days, direct air)
9. Stephen aka CaptSteve (7 days, S-S, direct air)
10. Larry aka Orchman (5 days, F-Wed, Direct air via Cancun)
11. Danny aka DannyDiver (5 days F-Wed, Direct air via Cancun)

Check in the mail...

People Interested...
1. Fritz aka
2. Mariane aka

Our SingleDivers.com in Cozumel January Tradition continues...this time we are Bringing in the NEW YEAR in Cozumel!!! Nothing beats Cozumel Diving and nothing is better than Single and Buddyless divers doing it together! :cool1: Come join us in beautiful Cozumel with crystal clear WARM waters and more fun above water than anywhere under the sun! The water is warm...and the nights are cool! Time to get Cozy in Cozumel!

OPTIONS:

Dec 30 to Jan 6th (Fri to Fri) or Dec 31 to Jan 7th (Sat to Sat)
and of course you can do ANY 3 or 4 night option during the week that you want as long as we can match you up roommate wise!
So come for a week...or come for the weekend...but come and have fun with SingleDivers.com as we Ring in the NEW YEAR Cozumel Style!!! AND YES WE'LL BE HELPING COZUMEL REBUILD BY BRINGING THEM BUSINESS!!!

FULL DETAILS:

We'll be diving with Del Mar Aquatics & Dive Paradise and we'll be staying at the Flamingo Hotel. See full package details below these summaries. NOTE: This Holiday Pricing is only available for a limited time. We only have 15 spots on this trip so don't wait too long! Get your airfare NOW while AA has specials for the holidays!

7 nights/5 days Diving/Breakfast/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $1075 diver d/o $800 non-diver d/o
4 nights/3 days Diving/Breakfast/Taxes (Land Package Only**): $805 diver d/o $680 non-diver d/o
7nights/5 days Diving/Breakfast/Airfare DFW-CZM (Fri to Fri Only) /Taxes*: $1275 diver d/o $975 non-diver d/o - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
4nights/3 days Diving/Breakfast/Airfare DFW-CZM (Mon to Fri Only Jan2-Jan6)/Taxes*: $1105 diver d/o $925 non-diver d/o (Monday to Friday only) - NO LONGER AVAILABLE
3nights/2 days Diving/ All Inclusive/Airfare DFW-CZM (Fri to Mon Only Dec30-Jan2)/Taxes*: $1105 diver d/o $925 non-diver d/o (Friday to Monday only) - NO LONGER AVAILABLE

Pricing Clarification: The Charters offer a day of hotel and diving free if you are willing to travel Monday to Friday. And the week long pkg is only $300 more than the weekend pkg. But then it is a holiday weekend! AND availability is very limited on this trip due to horrendous damage to Cozumel. PLEASE BOOK EARLY to ensure spots and available airfare.

NOTE on Diving: There will be no boat diving on Jan 1 EXCEPT via Paradise Divers for which I've booked us spots on January 1st. (It is a manditory holiday for the country.) I will see if we can shore dive that day...I believe we can get tanks...or we can just uh...recover from the festivities the night before!! :2cool:

Optional Add-on's:

Single Room Upgrade: $50 per night (vs. $75) or $350/7nites; $200/4nite pkg; $$150/3nite
Extra Hotel Room S/O: $100 extra night D/O: $50 (if we can arrange a roommate)
Afternoon (2) tank dive: $60 per day or 3rd tank add-on if 6+ divers want to go for add'l $30
Night Boat Dives: $45 per dive
Unlimited shore diving and night shore diving!

Discounts:

1. Early Bird Booking Discount if paid in full by 9/1 <$25>
2. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via paypal please add 3% processing fee.

Membership Rebates:

1. $25 rebate for premier, charter or professional members. Rebate form will be provided on the trip or you can download it here!.

Deposit Information:

1. Payment in full by 9/1 receives an additional $25 off the trip price regardless of package.

2. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $300 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.

3. Deposit Schedule:

a. $300 due at booking
b. 50% of trip total due Oct 15th
c. 50% of trip less $300 or Bal of trip due Nov 15th

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying other than via cash, check or money order.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to SingleDivers.com email = kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name as well as the trip name you are sending money for in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment with screen name & trip name on memo line on the check made out to SingleDivers.com LLC to:

SingleDivers.com LLC
Attn: Kamala Shadduck
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

If paying via credit card complete the Credit Card Authorization Form below or click here for a copy of it and fax it to 214-350-2558.

Note: All prices on the site include a cash discount, please include a 3% processing fee for any payment not made by cash or check.

SD Trip Payment Update:

1. Effective August 1, 2005 our new legal name is SingleDivers.com LLC

2. Please make all checks payable to SingleDivers.com LLC.

3. Effective August 15th, all checks will be deposited electronically and/or redeposited electronically if necessary. This will accelerate the clearance time of your funds enabling quicker crediting to your account.

4. As of August 15th: Returned checks are subject to a service fee, as permitted by law. We may electronically collect returned checks, service charges and other applicable charges. For more information, call Collect More Checks
877-521-3513

How to Book a Spot on this Trip:

1. Post a post in the thread that you plan to join us. We'll then put your name on the 'check in the mail' list.
2. Fill out the trip rooming & diving survey which you'll find under "Stuff you need to know for ALL SingleDivers.com trips & activities!"
or click here to link to it.
3. Send your deposit for the trip and/or monies due based upon the payment schedule posted above and payment options. If you need to make special arrangements about payments with me please contact me and I'll gladly work with you.

* INCLUDED in 7nite/5 day Breakfast Daily + DFW/CZM Airfare package: - CHARTER CANCELLED. ALL TICKETS CONVERTED TO AA FROM DALLAS.

7 nights at the lovely Hotel Flamingo in Downtown Cozumel (1 block from the beach)
5 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics & Paradise Divers on Jan 1st
Unlimited Shore Diving...easy and beautiful!
Round trip airfare on Ryan Charter air Fri to Fri or Fri to Mon out of DFW (Call for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city! See flight details below for DFW group flight.) - CHARTER CANCELLED. ALL TICKETS CONVERTED TO AA FROM DALLAS.
Airport transfers to and from airport and hotel
All taxes included
$2 per day diving park fees included
Free Day of Arrival Shore Diving
Welcome Cocktail
SD.com famous 'Meet & Greet" parties
Daily SD.com 'Happy Hours'
SD.com signature t-shirt
Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various participating SD Vendor Partners

NOT Included:
Additional boat dives.

** INCLUDED in 7nite/5 day Breakfast Daily Land ONLY package:
7 nights at the lovely Hotel Flamingo in Downtown Cozumel (1 block from the beach)
5 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics & Paradise Divers on Jan 1st
All taxes included
Welcome Cocktail
SD.com signature t-shirt

NOT Included:
1. Additional boat dives.
2. Airfare out of your local city. (Call/email for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city! See flight details below for DFW group flight.)
3. Airport transfers not available. You will need to take a taxi to the hotel.

* INCLUDED in 4nite/3 day or 3nite/2 day Breakfast Daily + DFW/CZM Airfare package: - CHARTER CANCELLED. ALL TICKETS CONVERTED TO AA FROM DALLAS.
4/3 nights at the lovely Hotel Flamingo in Downtown Cozumel (1 block from the beach)
3/2 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics & Paradise Divers on Jan 1st
Round trip airfare on Ryan Charter air (Call for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city!) - CHARTER CANCELLED. ALL TICKETS CONVERTED TO AA FROM DALLAS.
Airport transfers to and from airport and hotel
All taxes included
Welcome Cocktail
SD.com signature t-shirt

NOT Included:

** INCLUDED in 4/3nite & 3/2 day Breakfast Daily Land ONLY package:

4/3 nights at the lovely Hotel Flamingo in Downtown Cozumel (1 block from the beach)
3/2 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics & Paradise Divers on Jan 1st
All taxes included
Welcome Cocktail
SD.com signature t-shirt

NOT Included:
2. Airfare out of your local city. (Call/email for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city! See flight details below for DFW group flight.)
3. Airport transfers not available. You will need to take a taxi to the hotel.

Air Routing from DFW to CZM:
The AA flight from Dallas to Cozumel leaves at 1106am and gets to there at 136pm; we return on the 6th of January from Cozumel at 240pm getting back to Dallas at 530pm

Meals: Breakfast is included daily and the hotel has a great inhouse restaurant. We are walking distance to all of Cozumel's best eating establishments!

Hotel Information: Hotel Flamingo is designed in the colonial style of Old Mexico, guests can feel at home while relaxing in the charming courtyard setting or step up to our rooftop sun deck where views of the Caribbean Ocean are yours to enjoy. Centrally located just two blocks from the Town Square and a half block from the waterfront, the Flamingo is convenient to all that Cozumel has to offer. Excellent shopping, dining, and entertainment are just steps away, yet the Flamingo lies tucked away on a residential street where you can quietly relax after a long day of exploring the island.

Personalized service is our specialty at the Flamingo and our English speaking front desk staff can help to make your vacation special with insider's suggestions for restaurants, quiet beaches, watersports, and Mayan ruins. For Scuba Divers and snorkelers, we offer the Flamingo Divers program which features diving on world famous Palancar Reef. For sun worshipers, we offer our Beach club at Playa Azul where you can lounge away while enjoying a tropical drink or take part in a game of beach volleyball. Or explore the island via moped or car at your own pace and discover a beautiful secluded beach on the other side of the island. View Mayan ruins at San Gervasio or go horseback riding on a long white sand beach.. The options for things to do are endless while staying in Cozumel and after a long day of playing in the sun, you can come back to your home away from home at the Flamingo and relax on our roof deck and view the sunset.

In each of our 22 rooms, you'll feel right at home under the tropical sun. Stucco walls in the old Mexican style, plantation shutters and air conditioning will bring you some relief from the heat after a hard day of playing in the sun... And why not have a drink before dinner on the hotel's roof veranda, gazing at the beautiful sunset over the Caribbean sea? Our staff is friendly, our decor fresh and cozy, and we have tried to think of every possible detail to make your stay more enjoyable.

Hotel Amenities

Air Conditioned and Fan Rooms
Cable TV
Telephones
Cafe, BBQ
Internet Cafe
Tropical Courtyard
Rooftop Terrace
Excellent Downtown Location

Location/Transportation:
Downtown location - 2 blocks
Miles from airport 2 miles
Miles from beach - 1/2 block from the waterfront
Rooftop Terrace just above us

Miscellaneous Information:

1. Hotel has ample facilities for scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and water sports.
2. Collection of books downstairs near the bar for your reading pleasure. You are welcome to leave any books you have finished as well.
3. Board games can be checked out at the bar.

Trip Insurance Information:

Click here for free trip insurance quote and/or to buy it online.

1. You can obtain trip insurance for the Land package price or add in your airfare even if not obtaining the air via SD.com.
2. You can add an additional waiver for Supplier Default which means if the airline or the hotel or SD.com goes out of business before your trip that you are protected.
3. You can add an additional waiver for Pre-Existing Condition exclusion which means if you have an active pre-existing condition it will be waived should it flare up and cause you problems on your trip.
4. This insurance can be used for diving as well as non-diving vacations.

Here is a sample quote for me on the land portion of the trip only. As you can see it is very inexpensive for lots of coverage! -ww

Your custom standard quote is: $40.79
Your custom quote with Supplier Default and Pre-Existing Condition is: $59.48
(This adds Supplier Default coverage and a Pre-Existing Condition Exclusion Waiver , for an additional $18.69.)

Initial Trip Deposit Date = Use September 1st for your quoting purposes.

Review Your Coverages Insurance Coverage Maximum Limit Per Person Maximum Limit Per Policy:

Trip Cancellation $775.00
Trip Interruption $1,162.50
Travel Delay $1,000.00
Baggage Delay $200.00
Baggage and Personal Effects $1,000.00
Air Flight Accident $100,000.00
Damage to Your Rental Car
(Call for availability) N/A or up to $25,000
Medical or Dental Expense $50,000.00
Emergency Assistance
(Emergency Medical Transportation) $250,000.00

This plan also includes:
Emergency Assistance Services
CSA's comprehensive Emergency Assistance Services are included with each policy. The services include pre-travel advice, medical and legal referral, emergency cash transfer, lost ticket and passport assistance, and emergency prescription refill assistance.[i]

a copy of it

Attached Files

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2005 - 10:57 AM

I'm in.

Check will be sent end of next week.

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:04 AM

I'm in.

That is great!!! This will be a blast!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:08 AM

I'm in.

WooHoo!!

and it will all be captured in glorius platyvision, too!

#5 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:12 AM

I'm in, too, but I don't know what my dates will be. I know I will leave on Dec. 30th and will get my own airfare, but not sure if I can stay the whole week. I'll probably need to come home on Jan. 4th. I'll let you know the dates next week.
Phyllis

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:16 AM

I'm in, too, but I don't know what my dates will be. I know I will leave on Dec. 30th and will get my own airfare, but not sure if I can stay the whole week. I'll probably need to come home on Jan. 4th. I'll let you know the dates next week.

Awesome!

I am sure others will need to have lesser time as well. As long as you don't mind doing the single room thing for any night we can't match a roommate up...you are golden!!!

I hope to have the balance of the DFW options on 3 days or 4 day packages today!

formerly...

#7 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:19 AM

NOTE: There will be no boat diving on Jan 1. It is a manditory holiday for the country. I will see if we can shore dive that day...or we can just uh...recover from the festivities the night before!! :teeth:

formerly...

#8 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:42 AM

Yippee!!

Phyllis too! Just be aware that PlatyMan films alot! But, then, you have months to plan your choreography!

#9 Stingray1

Stingray1

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:00 PM

Of all celebrations, I will need to get busy with some choreography. I'll have to make a few trips to the fire station to borrow their pole.
:teeth:
Phyllis

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 03:05 PM

:lmao:

I wonder if our hotel has readily available poles? hmmm, we might have to import some

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 05:23 PM

Of all celebrations, I will need to get busy with some choreography. I'll have to make a few trips to the fire station to borrow their pole.
:)

Oh lord...let the pole dancing..er...I mean 'festivities' begin!

And yes...I do recall that the hotel has a pole or two! :lmao:

formerly...

#12 sun50

sun50

• PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts
  • Cert Level:advanced, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:95

Posted 18 August 2005 - 08:48 PM

:usflag:

I wonder if our hotel has readily available poles? hmmm, we might have to import some

Poles are not available but........... so many palms were down in July we might be able to make one work>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Count me in for the shorter version.
Doug

#13 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:16 PM

Kamala, pencil me in for Dec 30 thru Jan 7, if that works for you. I'm up for a few extra dives (afternoon or night), but that'll depend on the group. It's too early to plan for, now. I'd already been making plans to go the week before, but your dates work for me, too!

When does the cheap flight from DFW leave & return? I'm looking at a $700+ ticket if I go from Phoenix, and the $200 flight from DFW to Coz looks *really* enticing. :o There's a number of cheap flights PHX <> DFW, if the times & dates match up.

Never been to Coz; what's the reef in front of the resort? Is it really worth diving? I figure I won't be able to stop for many macro shots on drift dives, so a shore dive or three will be the only time I can do any decent photos.

Dep. via PayPal once my transfer clears, check in the mail when we work out the total. See ya in Coz! :usflag:

#14 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 09:25 PM

Stan,

the current on most afternoon dives is not so bad because it's shallow. And most dive sites really aren't bad either; it depends on the day, weather, all kinds of stuff, whether the current is riping or really easy

Last January, our afternoon dives all were pretty easy on the photographers. One of the guys got a squid. I also saw some pictures from the July trip where Tolly kneeling was next to a shark, so the current couldn't have been that bad!

I'm looking forward to diving with you!

Kim

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 18 August 2005 - 11:58 PM

Kamala, pencil me in for Dec 30 thru Jan 7, if that works for you. I'm up for a few extra dives (afternoon or night), but that'll depend on the group. It's too early to plan for, now. I'd already been making plans to go the week before, but your dates work for me, too!

When does the cheap flight from DFW leave & return? I'm looking at a $700+ ticket if I go from Phoenix, and the $200 flight from DFW to Coz looks *really* enticing. :o There's a number of cheap flights PHX <> DFW, if the times & dates match up.

Never been to Coz; what's the reef in front of the resort? Is it really worth diving? I figure I won't be able to stop for many macro shots on drift dives, so a shore dive or three will be the only time I can do any decent photos.

Dep. via PayPal once my transfer clears, check in the mail when we work out the total. See ya in Coz! :usflag:

What I've been doing lately that works the easiest is to do two invoices for you. The first is the primary trip pkg and then do a second one of the trip extras. This allows me to settle up with you for the main trip and then when we are closer to the trip we can settle up for the extras.

Here are the flights out of Dallas:

(It is possible that we'll have lots of members from the DFW area going so we might have some folks willing to let members stay with them. I know several people have asked if they can crash at my place and so I'm sure others may be willing as well.)

Depart: Dallas-Ft Worth (DFW)
30DEC05
8:00 AM
Stops: 0

Arrive: Cozumel (CZM)
30DEC05
10:35 AM

Return - 02JAN06 or 06JAN06

Ryan International Airlines # 906

Depart: Cozumel (CZM)
02JAN06 or 06JAN06
11:35 AM

Arrive: Dallas-Ft Worth (DFW)
02JAN06 or 06JAN06
2:20 PM

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users