• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Let's Get Cozy for NY Eve! Cozumel that is!

• Please log in to reply
266 replies to this topic

#226 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:48 AM

Howdy, Keith! I'm hitting DFW just before 10PM Thursday, overnighting at the Best Western near the airport. With all the flights between PHX & DFW, I never DID find a decent red-eye that'd get me there Friday in time for the flight.

weekend forecast for Phoenix: 80 ° / 52 ° (we're dreaming of a *brown* Christmas)

Stan

I am arriving at 8:40, I haven't made my hotel reservations yet, but I see that there are plenty near the airport. Possibly we can meet for a beer thursday night.

Good luck with that brown Christmas. I know when I was very small I lived in CA and SC and didn't have snow for Christmas, but I wasn't old enough to remember it.

Keith

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#227 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 22 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

"Howdy, Keith! I'm hitting DFW just before 10PM Thursday, overnighting at the Best Western near the airport. With all the flights between PHX & DFW, I never DID find a decent red-eye that'd get me there Friday in time for the flight.

weekend forecast for Phoenix: 80 ° / 52 ° (we're dreaming of a *brown* Christmas)

Stan"

I am arriving at 8:40, I haven't made my hotel reservations yet, but I see that there are plenty near the airport. Possibly we can meet for a beer thursday night.

Good luck with that brown Christmas. I know when I was very small I lived in CA and SC and didn't have snow for Christmas, but I wasn't old enough to remember it.

Keith

Hey perhaps I should get my packing done say well before 4am which is when I usually pack and join you all for a beer too! In fact...maybe everyone in the Dallas area should join you all for a beer! :D

Anyone else coming in the night before? Kim is staying with me so we can carpool to the area but I've got room for more if you don't mind a slightly frazzled blonde the night before a trip! :wacko:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#228 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hey perhaps I should get my packing done say well before 4am which is when I usually pack and join you all for a beer too! In fact...maybe everyone in the Dallas area should join you all for a beer! :D

Anyone else coming in the night before? Kim is staying with me so we can carpool to the area but I've got room for more if you don't mind a slightly frazzled blonde the night before a trip! :wacko:

:diver:

sligthtly frazzled???

:diver:

#229 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 11:55 AM

Can you ever have enough Frazzled Blondes? I think not.

If you have room, I would be more than willing to take up a little space at your place.

Keith

#230 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 December 2005 - 12:21 PM

sligthtly frazzled???

:wacko:

We'll all look the same the morning of 1/1/2006 except with different colored hair.
:D
Phyllis

#231 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

Can you ever have enough Frazzled Blondes? I think not.

If you have room, I would be more than willing to take up a little space at your place.

Keith

Ok then its a deal!!

For the same low price of NOTHING...I repeat NOTHING you will get not 1 but 2...yes that is 2 AMAZING slightly frazzled females...one blonde and one brunette!!! But you must hurry and ACT NOW! before this amazing offer goes away!!! For the low low price of NOTHING you can have a place to stay the night before the Cozumel trip and a cozy if not slightly crowded ride to the airport sandwiched in with 2 lovely SD females!!! Yes that is right...this amazing offer is available only through this special message board...But don't delay or the price will go up to "beer for the wench and fingrabber" the night before! :D

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#232 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 04:46 PM

Ok then its a deal!!

For the same low price of NOTHING...I repeat NOTHING you will get not 1 but 2...yes that is 2 AMAZING slightly frazzled females...one blonde and one brunette!!! But you must hurry and ACT NOW! before this amazing offer goes away!!! For the low low price of NOTHING you can have a place to stay the night before the Cozumel trip and a cozy if not slightly crowded ride to the airport sandwiched in with 2 lovely SD females!!! Yes that is right...this amazing offer is available only through this special message board...But don't delay or the price will go up to "beer for the wench and fingrabber" the night before!

Great!!! I'll not only take it, but will still buy beer for The Wench and The Fingrabber. I think this is a deal that cannot be beat!!

Keith

#233 SDvrGirl

SDvrGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:41 PM

:taz: I am brand new to the site and noticed your postings for your Get Cozy trip coming up very shortly. I already have a trip to Cozumel planned and will be there from 12/25 - 1/4. I also dive with Del Mar Aquatics (I am a regular) and will be staying at a small resort just next door to the currently closed Casa del Mar (I am usually a regular here too). I have the first few days to myself and then I will be joined by my Mom (who also dives). I/We would love to meet you all when you arrive and/or start diving. It would be great to know what your plans are for happy hours, dinners and New Years Eve and make some new friends!

#234 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 22 December 2005 - 06:56 PM

:hiya: I am brand new to the site and noticed your postings for your Get Cozy trip coming up very shortly. I already have a trip to Cozumel planned and will be there from 12/25 - 1/4. I also dive with Del Mar Aquatics (I am a regular) and will be staying at a small resort just next door to the currently closed Casa del Mar (I am usually a regular here too). I have the first few days to myself and then I will be joined by my Mom (who also dives). I/We would love to meet you all when you arrive and/or start diving. It would be great to know what your plans are for happy hours, dinners and New Years Eve and make some new friends!

We'd love to meet you and your mom...the more the merrier! (You might also be interested in our SingleDiversWithParents trip we are planning for 2006...but alas I digress!) :taz:

We are staying at the Flamingo Hotel downtown off the main square. Once we get there and assess the nightlife we'll figure out where we'll plan to do New Year's Eve celebrations at. It seems we have several other small groups wanting to hook up with us during the same time so I'll have a whiteboard in the hotel lobby with plans for the clean up dives...beach clean up...delivering of the school supplies to the orphans/kids in need, where we are eating dinner each night and of course our New Year's Eve festivities!!! :D

Which begs the question John aka platypusman asked earlier...anyone want to play dress up for New Year's Eve...or do you want to do beach casual or just dive shorts and tee-shirts????

It would be our pleasure for you to come and join us. Become a premier member on the site and you can send messages to other premier members as well as check profiles etc. Otherwise contact us at kamala@singledivers.com or kim at fingrabber@singledivers.com!!

And since you are diving with Del Mar Aquatics maybe you'd like to join us? You are quite welcome to join our group...the more the merrier! PLUS...additional women is ALWAYS a plus!!! :teeth:

formerly...

#235 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 22 December 2005 - 07:18 PM

And since you are diving with Del Mar Aquatics maybe you'd like to join us? You are quite welcome to join our group...the more the merrier! PLUS...additional women is ALWAYS a plus!!! :taz:

I kinda liked the 2 men to 1 woman ratio, but I guess I won't be greedy.
I plan on bringing something a little more dressier than shorts for New Year's Eve just in case, but it will probably be some capri pants and sequined flip-flops and I may put mascara on.
:D
Phyllis

#236 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

Great WE wouldlove to meet you, and you are welcome to hang with us at night,, After we get there We will have a few more plans, and sew hwere we are going to have happy hour and Party new Years eve... Heck tell Mom to join us also.. Single or not. It is not all singles on the board and trips, just buddyless.
Look at the first post and you can find where we are staying. Look foward to meeitng, adnget ready to have fun, this is the 3rd cozy trip for the group.. Sonny :taz:

#237 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 22 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

:teeth: I am brand new to the site and noticed your postings for your Get Cozy trip coming up very shortly. I already have a trip to Cozumel planned and will be there from 12/25 - 1/4. I also dive with Del Mar Aquatics (I am a regular) and will be staying at a small resort just next door to the currently closed Casa del Mar (I am usually a regular here too). I have the first few days to myself and then I will be joined by my Mom (who also dives). I/We would love to meet you all when you arrive and/or start diving. It would be great to know what your plans are for happy hours, dinners and New Years Eve and make some new friends!

Welcome to the site SDvrGirl (gotta love a profile name that has SD in it - you fit right in! :hiya:)!!

hey group! looks like i will be joining you in cozumel. Kamala thought i better warn you that i would be there. i look forward to meeting everyone..........

Welcome to the site captsteve - big salute to you!

SDvrGirl and captsteve I know you will both have a fabulous time in Cozumel, but not all of us can make it there to meet you so it would be superb if you posted an intro in our New to SingleDivers.com Forum so our other members can get to know you and give you a proper SD welcome!

:taz:

-dive_girl
SingleDivers Angel :D
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#238 SDvrGirl

SDvrGirl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 23 December 2005 - 12:37 AM

Great WE wouldlove to meet you, and you are welcome to hang with us at night,, After we get there We will have a few more plans, and sew hwere we are going to have happy hour and Party new Years eve... Heck tell Mom to join us also.. Single or not. It is not all singles on the board and trips, just buddyless.
Look at the first post and you can find where we are staying. Look foward to meeitng, adnget ready to have fun, this is the 3rd cozy trip for the group.. Sonny :)

I appreciate the WARM welcome! We both arrive before you, but will check in with your hotel for plans after the first wave of you are to arrive on the 30th. Mom and I plan on joining you group for diving as we had already planned on diving with Del Mar Aquatics (we are regulars) and will work on the fun part with you all too! It is sure to be some good fun!! :respect:

#239 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:23 AM

Hey perhaps I should get my packing done say well before 4am which is when I usually pack and join you all for a beer too! In fact...maybe everyone in the Dallas area should join you all for a beer! :respect:

Unofficial happy hour? Count me in, and lemme know where! :) I'll be a late show, around 10:30 or 11pm after I drop bags off at BW and snag a cab. Is there a decent pub around there?

#240 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 23 December 2005 - 08:40 AM

Hey perhaps I should get my packing done say well before 4am which is when I usually pack and join you all for a beer too! In fact...maybe everyone in the Dallas area should join you all for a beer! :-D

Unofficial happy hour? Count me in, and lemme know where! :hiya: I'll be a late show, around 10:30 or 11pm after I drop bags off at BW and snag a cab. Is there a decent pub around there?

Yes we need to start a new thread on this...but we'll do it near the airport or your hotel so we can all hang out!!!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users