• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: SD's Fabulous Florida Singles Trip Mar 25-30

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 01 March 2004 - 03:42 PM

Welcome to the "Fabulous Florida Singles Spring Fling" March Singles Diving Trip!

A bunch of singles from all over the US and Canada went to Cozumel in January for a week of fun in the sun and some AWESOME DIVING on SD's first official singles trip and all 26...half men and half women had a blast!
A number of folks wanted Florida as a Spring Singles diving destination so they could drive in to meet us or fly in more readily from Europe.

Our trip begins Thursday March 25, 2004 and runs thru Tuesday March 30th, 2004.....giving us 5 nights and 4 days of Florida's finest Keys Diving! However this trip has a twist....it is really 2 trips in one. For the wreck and/or intermediate and advanced divers we have the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb and the Eagle on tap for you on your own 40 ft adventure diving boat specifically designed with divers in mind . For the reef divers we have the beautiful Key Largo reefs ....some of the best Florida reef diving available on your own 42ft reef diving boat! So whether you are an advanced diver or a novice or something in between....we have the perfect Florida Diving for you! (AND if you want to stay an entire week or longer, we have additional hotel/diving upgrade options available...see full details below!)......AND unlike most dive trips....this trip will run REGARDLESS of the total number of divers that book for either package!

You can choose EITHER the "wreck diving" option for 5night/4 diving days (must have advanced open water certification or above to book this trip) OR the "reef diving" option for 5 night/4 diving days and still be part of the same trip and same group! Both options can be extended for a full week or longer, however additional diving days MAY be reef diving and/or shallow wreck options. We will arrange for several 'meet and greets' as well as a fantastic send off so whether you stay 5 nights... or longer...you'll feel as if you got ALL the best Key Largo and Florida has to offer! Not to mention spending time with a wild and crazy group of scubadiving's finest SINGLES!!!

More information on the dive operator and hotel can be found at:
www.aqua-nuts.com/diving.php (Check out all the great diving sites under "The Diving").

To book your trip and secure your spot OR pricing...please contact Kamala aka "Wreck Wench" via pm or click here for Booking Information

Here are the trip details:

Duration: 5 nights / 4 days WRECK DIVING
5 nights standard room (double occupancy) accommodations at Kelly's Aqua-Nuts
4 days of 2-tank boat dives with Aqua-Nuts for Spiegal Grove only and Tavernier Dive Center for Duane, Bibb, Eagle
(NOTE: If we get enough people interested we can rent the entire boat allowing us to do 2 dives on the same wreck and a total of 3+ dives daily. All divers must be certified Advanced Open Water or beyond to dive the wrecks of Florida. You will also need to be a Medallion Member which costs $10/year and supports the Florida Artificial Reef program. This charge is not included in the package price. )
Tanks and weights included
Continental Breakfast DAILY
Drinks, snacks and FULL lunch DAILY at dock of hotel
Group BBQ including steaks, chicken and seafood to get to know everyone plus adult beverages Friday after diving!
Group vans for dinner, sight seeing, pickup and return to Miami Airport* and MORE diving!
Free locked diving lockers to store dive gear
Free use of kayaks, heated pool, hammocks and more
Full Dive Shop on premises
"Meet and Greet" Parties
The official "Fabulous Florida Singles Spring Fling" trip celebration and culmination party
Shopping and Sightseeing trips available
All taxes including hotel and diving taxes included
Transfers from Miami Int'l Airport if arriving on 3/25 from 12-4pm or departing 3/30 from 9-12 noon* (Note these times may vary. PLEASE ASK us if you flights are close but don't fall into these times!)
* We will be offering group vans to pick divers up at the airport as well as transport to dinner etc. This will prevent individuals from having to rent cars, however if you'd like to rent a car or are driving in..this fee can be removed from your package pricing.

or

Duration: 5 nights / 4 days Tropical REEF DIVING
5 nights standard room (double occupancy) accommodations at Kelly's Aqua-Nuts
4 days of 2-tank boat dives with Aqua-Nuts
Tanks and weights included
Continental Breakfast daily
Drinks, snacks and FULL lunch DAILY at dock of hotel
Group BBQ including steaks, chicken and seafood to get to know everyone plus adult beverages Friday after diving!
Group vans for dinner, sight seeing, pickup and return to Miami Airport* and MORE diving!
Free locked diving lockers to store dive gear
Free use of kayaks, heated pool, hammocks and more
Full Dive Shop on premises
"Meet and Greet" Parties
The official "Fabulous Florida Singles Spring Fling" trip celebration and culmination party
Shopping and Sightseeing trips available
All taxes including hotel and diving taxes included
Transfers from Miami Int'l Airport if arriving on 3/25 from 12-3pm or departing 3/30 from 9-12 noon* (Note these times may vary. PLEASE ASK us if you flights are close but don't fall into these times!)
* We will be offering group vans to pick divers up at the airport as well as transport to dinner etc. This will prevent individuals from having to rent cars, however if you'd like to rent a car or are driving in..this fee can be removed from your package pricing.

Optional:

(1 or 2 afternoon dives for $ per dive - ask me!)
(Single room upgrades available for $56 per night!)
(Additional diving days and hotel beyond 5 nights available for ($- ask me!) per day! NOTE: Additional days may be reef diving and/or very shallow wreckdiving options.)

Not included:

Airfare or ground transportation from your city or location
Dinners except for group BBQ
Nitrox upgrades of $12 USD per tank (working on cheaper price)
Transport from airports other than Miami arrivals on 3/25 from 12-4pm
Return to airport other than Miami departures on 3/30 from 8am -1pm
Rental Gear if needed (Tanks and lead are included. Full dive gear packages including wet suit are available for $25 and you don't have to lug gear! If needing a wetsuit...recommend 3-5mil suggest you invest in your own if you can but our dive operator has a full line available as part of your rental package. Regs or BCD's $10 per day)
Trip Commemorative Cap $15 which includes your name and the trip details! (They keep you warm and make us look like a group!)
Specialty courses available such as Deep, Drift, Boat, Night etc. (great for your Master Diver Certification) for $50 plus c-card cost. If you want to do any of your Advance Open Water certs except navigation, you can do them for $25 per dive. (Beats doing your deep dive in a cold, nasty lake/quarry this winter!) And if you want to do your Nitrox certification in Florida we will offer that for $ (still negotiating a group rate!) .
Florida Artificial Reef Medallion Sponsor annual fee of $10 (Mandatory if diving on the wrecks!)

Price: $699 or $50 LESS if booked before March, 5 2004

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 03 March 2004 - 09:45 AM

Crap, Crap Crap!! I CAN'T GO!!!!

I'm bummed about that since I had such a great time on the Coz trip in January. However, I am bound and determined to be on two other trips this year! (and guys, don't get all excited about the "bound" comment. It's just an expression!! LOL)

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 March 2004 - 05:37 PM

Girlfriend....I'm glad you cautioned them about the 'bound' part....you were just toooooooooo much fun on the Cozy trip so I've already decided that I have to help run interference for you on the next one! LOL!!!

Seriously...I am soooooooooooooooo glad you are going to join us again...correction make that twice again this year. Boy are the guys lucky who will be on your trips!!! :twist: ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#4 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 04 March 2004 - 07:43 AM

Well, thank you Darlin' for that nice comment but I have to say, the guys are lucky no matter who is on the trip! Great diving on a well organized and managed trip with fabulous other singles and you at the helm guarantees a great time by all! Anyone going on one of your trips is definitely lucky!!

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#5 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 23 March 2004 - 11:15 AM

Wow, I bet you lucky folks are getting excited about this trip! You'll have to tell us dry land creatures all about when you return, so we can vicariously live through your fun. Have a great time!!
coppermaus

#6 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 23 March 2004 - 02:36 PM

I packed last night until I gave out, then more this morning. About got it.

Moasses Reef buoy is reporting 72 degree air, 77 degree water, but I'm sure it'll be cooler at detph in the Gulf Stream. Not sure whether to take my 3 mil or my new 7 mil, so I packed both. Bulky! Wind is at 20 knots, but out of the north, so the island is breaking the wave effect some, and the boats are still going out. I think we're going double wreck dives on Sat, Sun, Mon, but not sure. Still haven't got the printed details.
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#7 WisconsinGal

WisconsinGal

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 635 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:70+ and counting

Posted 23 March 2004 - 03:49 PM

Ohhh I'm so jealous! Wished I were going to be there with ya'll. Instead I'll be diving into middle school basketball tournaments, developing a bad case of "Bleacher Butt!" lol

Have a Fabulous Trip!

#8 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 31 March 2004 - 06:36 PM

Ohhh I'm so jealous! Wished I were going to be there with ya'll. Instead I'll be diving into middle school basketball tournaments, developing a bad case of "Bleacher Butt!" lol

Have a Fabulous Trip!

You should of been there!

Did you see Gar's report? :twist: http://www.epicsoftw...p?showtopic=187

I added my comments... :D
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users