• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tropical Storm Katrina

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#76 Marvel

Marvel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 September 2005 - 11:50 AM

Please keep this thread reasonably on topic & within the rules, folks. :P
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#77 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 05 September 2005 - 01:28 PM

Yes ma'am.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#78 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 05 September 2005 - 07:36 PM

DeepDiverStud (Travis) - Travis is a commercial diver out of Palestine, Texas. The day after our Roundup at Lake Travis, he was heading out for a job on an oil rig just offshore of Louisiana. I hadn't heard from him since, and his cell service wasn't working. Worried about my friend, I called his folks here in Texas and asked about him.

I was able to speak with Travis this evening. He was fortunate enough that the company he was working for evacuated it's employees prior to the hurricane hitting. He spent two days in Houston and then was sent back out. He's not diving, but coordinating the welders and divers for this particular job as a consultant for the oil company. Apparently some of the rigs belonging to this particular company are MIA after the storm. Looks like Travis will be offshore for quite some time. So glad he's safe, as with our other SD members and their families.

Twinklez

#79 HAWKEYE1251

HAWKEYE1251

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Cert Level:OWC-Mostly muddy lakes and spring water. Dove Cozumel a few years ago, I'm hooked....enough said
  • Logged Dives:17

Posted 06 September 2005 - 06:03 AM

Twinkelz,

I'm so glad to hear good news about Travis. I didn't give him a thought as far as the storm was concerned as I thought he was heading to St Croix. Glad to hear all is well, say hello for the rest of us.

I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed individual!

I am certified! But then, you must be, to do ow training dives in Canyon Lake......

#80 outback

outback

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Cert Level:Assistant Instructor
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 06 September 2005 - 09:42 AM

Not really knowing where to post this, I thought this thread might get more traffic. Kamala, feel free to move as appropriate.

Calling Houston SD members -

There is a poker night that will be held tonight (Sept 6) at the Stag's Head Pub on Portsmouth, kicking off at 730, in aid of hurricane relief. Proceeds will go to the American Red Cross and to a Houston church that is currently housing refugees. $20 minimum donation will allow you to play, or come along, donate what you can, bring some supplies, and meet some fellow divers in Houston.

Details here

Hope some of you can show up!

#81 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 06 September 2005 - 11:06 AM

Twinkelz,

I'm so glad to hear good news about Travis. I didn't give him a thought as far as the storm was concerned as I thought he was heading to St Croix. Glad to hear all is well, say hello for the rest of us.

He had just returned from St. Croix, and they had called him for his current assignment while packing to go to Lake Travis.

I'll talk to him in a few days and tell him you said hello Glen. :welcome:

Twinklez

#82 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 06 September 2005 - 03:38 PM

Please keep this thread reasonably on topic & within the rules, folks.  :teeth:

WILCO

Rick
:)

#83 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2005 - 10:48 AM

Just wanted to let you know that we are taking in about 27 Tulane MBA's this semester. They are on campus today and will be starting classes with us on Monday.

Also had an oppurtunity to volunteer at the Reliant Center last weekend. Entered missing people into a database. It was great when you got a hit, makes it all worth while.

The long sleepless nights have started and in a couple weeeks I will be in finals. Can't believe how fast time is flying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users