• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Mona Monkey Mission has begun...

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#46 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 12 September 2005 - 07:32 AM

Caetllonn, I believe folks will be posting the photos they took from the trip. While I now have copies of most of the photos taken on the trip, it's not ethical for me to post any I didn't take unless the photographer gives their ok.

Also, there are some photos posted here.

Edited by Walter, 12 September 2005 - 07:34 AM.

No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#47 Neptuner

Neptuner

I spend too much time on line

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:56 AM

Hey gang!
I trust, hope and pray that everyone is home safe and sound by now. As always, leaving the island was an emotional challenge... perhaps even more so this time. To say that this group of people is special would be a gross understatement. How can you describe meeting people for the first time ever and realizing that you've already been friends with them your whole life? The sincere honesty and openness with which all of you share yourselves is phenomenal beyond words. Thanks for putting up with me and all the challenges that implies. More importantly though, thanks for making this past week a memory that I will cherish for the rest of my days. You are all awesome people and I consider it a honor and a privilege to know each and every one of you! No holds barred, the SD.com gang rocks!

Special thanks to WW, Walter and the other "founding" members of this organization for recognizing the unique experience that this type of adventure would provide to people... and to all of the Mods/Angels/Admins/Members/HH Planners/etc. who work every day to keep that dream alive.

So... where's the next party?
Michael

P.S. First song is almost done... "Carribean Breeze".

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#48 merman

merman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:divemaster

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:06 AM

Hey ScubaHawk, it was great rooming with you. Hopefully, we will do it again sometime. A strange thing happened when I got home. No one came over for Happy Hour. I am ready to go back right now.

Little Mermaid, you were a great dive buddy and nurse. You have a contagious smile and being around you and your "Evil Twin" was a blast.

B2B painted such a wonderful picture of Arkansas that I can't wait to visit.

Everyone was great and I truly hope I see you again and dive together.

Whenever I think of any part of this trip I smile (or just laugh) and that is a darn good thing.

#49 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 13 September 2005 - 12:04 PM

:diver: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

All I can say is WOW! This was one of the best vacations I have ever had in my life! The people on this trip were just awesome and I am sure that I have walked away with many lifetime friends as a result of Grenada! Thank you to all for such an awesome time but a very special thank you goes to Kamala for all of her hard work and planning! You are absolutely awesome girl! :lmao:

#50 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 13 September 2005 - 02:31 PM

I feel the same way as all that have posted before me on the Grenada trip :birthday:
the company I was keeping on this trip was an awesome group of people. I am still blown away with the divers that I can call my friends forever now. your skills and kindness your attitudes and generosity have left an wonderful impression on me! I know that the future SD trips will just keep getting better and better!

Kamala there is nobody like you Darling!
sure there will be copycats and other attempts to imitate you.

But your the Real Deal K!

and its an honor to know You :birthday:

Bubski
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#51 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:21 PM

Once I get my pics downloaded I will be posting many of them...

#52 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 06:31 PM

(tap tap tap)... ummm... hello? (tap tap tap)... hey (phhhhhhhhh)... is this on? Oh wait, there we go...

Ahhh... I'm here. Good... it seems like the Rum Punch is almost completely out of my system now and some of my five senses are starting to return. Doc says in a few days I'll be able to speak again, but he's not certain whether I'll regain the full use of my right arm or not... something about alcohol induced tendonitis or some crap. Anyway, I keep having these flashbacks of British divemasters telling bad jokes and a fun loving crowd that insisted on formulating their own dive plans on the fly.... always in a safe manner of course. I vaguely recollect a 7 minute Z-ticket ride on the Disneyland Dive Express and some really big boats at the bottom of the ocean...and jokes... lots of jokes. There was a diving competition of sorts, but everyone kept ignoring the Russian judge... and it seems someone had urination issues off the stern of the vessel, but not sure how that ended. Did I really see underwater dancing??? It seems there were conversations about monkeys and panties... or the lack thereof... and I'm certain there was a birdman with a jukebox in his room and LOTS of liquor! Beaches... bars... diving... sunsets... The Evil Twins... wrecks... I think I had a dinner party of some kind... it will be long, it will be hard... the details are drifting through the fog, but it's all still a little hazy. Any chance you guys could help me out here? Err... umm... wait, maybe that's not such a good idea just yet, Doc also said something about my new PSDTD acting up again, but he wasn't able to give me any more medication for it until the Rum Punch wears off. Who the heck knew there was such a thing as Post SD Trip Disorder? Go figure.

Well, when I'm feeling a little stronger maybe you can... hey... (tap tap tap) guys... you still there? (tap tap tap... phhhhh)... rats.... I think it's busted again. No worries... all dah best man.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#53 merman

merman

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:divemaster

Posted 13 September 2005 - 08:27 PM

Remember one thing Neptuner.

Raisin smuggling is not a crime.

#54 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 13 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

Trying to post pics but it is not working... Will give this a try tomorrow when I am less tired...

#55 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:04 AM

Trey I know what you mean. I think half the people in the world are raisin smugglers :birthday: and most of them are undercover ( if you know what I mean).

Michelle no worries after a few Power Naps all your skills will come back to You :anna:

Michael

I keep having these flashbacks of British divemasters telling bad jokes and a fun loving crowd that insisted on formulating their own dive plans on the fly....

Are you talking about this guy michael? paul our DM was always the last one to come aboard and his smile was from seeing that we all made it back safely after a long day of playing hide and seek from him :birthday:

my doc has told me there is only one cure for me....
More SD dive trips :birthday:

B2B

Attached Images

• GRpaulDMcopy.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 14 September 2005 - 05:08 AM.

Amazon.com

#56 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:06 AM

Mike, you weren't paying attention. Michelle & I were almost always still in the water when Paul was already on board.

DSSW,

WWW™

#57 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 05:20 AM

Yes Walter your right...
but paul gave up on looking for you and michelle after the first few days of diving :birthday:

you guys are Pro Hide and Seekers :birthday:
Walter your all that and a bag of chips!
its was nice to finally dive with You buddy.

kinda wish that dive trip was a Lil bit longer than it was!
but you must end a dive trip so you can start another one I guess :birthday:

B2B

Amazon.com

#58 TheSassyRabbit

TheSassyRabbit

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,044 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster/Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:>750

Posted 14 September 2005 - 06:08 AM

Sounds like you all had a fabulous trip. SO COOL! :birthday: I'm sure the positive energy you all have will reverberate on the site and make for many more fun and interesting group events with SD. It really is good to hear that so many enjoyed the friendships they made - good people here on SD!

Hope you all got to hear Michael's songs - soon to out on CD me thinkst!

#59 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 07:50 AM

We rarely saw Michael on this trip. He sang one song at dinner one evening. Most of the time he was out exploring the island.

DSSW,

WWW™

#60 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 12:36 PM

Remember one thing Neptuner.

Raisin smuggling is not a crime.

Now that was funny!!!!! Trey, I laughed so hard on this one I almost fell out of my chair!!!

We rarely saw Michael on this trip.

Tis' sad but true Babs, I would love to say that this was all play for me (because it always feels that way), but I must confess that much of my trip was spent sparking new friendships, checking accomodations and negotiating future recording arrangements. Fortunately, it all went very, very well and so far all of my material has been readily accepted by a wide variety of people. We've decided that all or part of our final recording will take place in the Caribbean and Grenada is definitely one of the locations that we'll use, especially since I have lots of new friends there now. :teeth: I'm already shopping my next trip to Grenada as we speak and have worked out a rental deal for an extended stay. I'm having a hard time convincing my 15 year old son about the move (NOT!), but very soon we'll be heading back down that way.

I did give a private performance for Peter and the gang at Aquanauts though and Peter immediately insisted I contact his friend at Scuba Radio, so who knows what might happen??? Just trying to get all my ducks in a row so that I can strike while the iron's hot so to speak.

In any case, the fun, friendship, laughter and romance of the island have been endlessly dancing in my mind and a plethora of songs, stories and poems will quickly ensue, so for me this was a perfect vacation. I think it would have been better if several people had gotten cars so that they could have wandered the island with me, but then again, that might have been boring for some... often I just want to sit and watch the sun go down... you know me, simple and laid back.

Besides Babs, none of these guys want to sit around and listen to me sing syrupy love songs to all the SD girls... you know the girls always fall for the drummer anyway. :cool2:

TheScubaCowboy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users