• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

1 SPOT LEFT!...2006: Sea Cortez & Socorro & Revillagigedo Islands

• Please log in to reply
282 replies to this topic

#241 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 05 November 2006 - 12:58 PM

In Quebec we don't spank people for there birthdays...we kiss them and we give them "la bascule"... I can explain to other members of the trip what it is and if you want to experience it...Liz

:teeth: I appreciate that thought - But I'll hold off on la bascule (call me paranoid) besides you'll have hit me at least once by the end of the trip as well. I think it's contagious, people see Wenchy doing it and it looks like fun.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#242 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts
  • Board Status:do not delete any message
  • Cert Level:Advanced & Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:20 PM

In Quebec we don't spank people for there birthdays...we kiss them and we give them "la bascule"... I can explain to other members of the trip what it is and if you want to experience it...Liz

:birthday: I appreciate that thought - But I'll hold off on la bascule (call me paranoid) besides you'll have hit me at least once by the end of the trip as well. I think it's contagious, people see Wenchy doing it and it looks like fun.

Too bad...it would have been fun!!! Since I don't know you ...but I will and see if you deserve to be hit ...or maybe you say things on purpose because you like it?
Formerly 'Liz' but wow 'Lady Liz' thanks to Stephane & Galapagos!

#243 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 05 November 2006 - 09:42 PM

:birthday: I appreciate that thought - But I'll hold off on la bascule (call me paranoid) besides you'll have hit me at least once by the end of the trip as well. I think it's contagious, people see Wenchy doing it and it looks like fun.

Too bad...it would have been fun!!! Since I don't know you ...but I will and see if you deserve to be hit ...or maybe you say things on purpose because you like it?

YEP that is EXACTLY what he does...but that will be obvious when you see him in action! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#244 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:38 AM

YEP that is EXACTLY what he does...but that will be obvious when you see him in action! :birthday:

How about trying our torture technic (the one we did in Fdji) on him?

#245 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:18 PM

:D I appreciate that thought - But I'll hold off on la bascule (call me paranoid) besides you'll have hit me at least once by the end of the trip as well. I think it's contagious, people see Wenchy doing it and it looks like fun.

He could not take tha kind of torture that I endured. What kills him is to tell him you are going to hurt him and then not do it.
Gonna be a great trip!

Tha Orcaman

YEP that is EXACTLY what he does...but that will be obvious when you see him in action! :banghead:

How about trying our torture technic (the one we did in Fdji) on him?

Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#246 OTWdiver

OTWdiver

Meeting folks

• Removed Per User Request
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Cert Level:TECH DEEP Instructor, Prefer my single tank.
  • Logged Dives:Active every week since 1983

Posted 08 November 2006 - 06:27 AM

Hey everyone, add my name to the list!

I will be joining this adventure and will offer instruction per the Wench's request in Nitrox, advanced Open Water,as well as many other specialties such as deep diver. navigation, search and recovery, peak performance bouyance, boat diver, multi-level diver...

If anyone is interisted let me know and I will ship books to you to do the book work in advance or bring the books and materials. so you can do the book work on the boat.

I look forward to helping out in any way I can.
"Those who have never seen themselves surrounded on all sides by the sea can never possess an idea of the world, and of their relation to it" Goethe

#247 orcaman

orcaman

SD Videographer

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  • Cert Level:YMCA, 3500+ dives, Bahamas, Caribean, Red Sea, Australia, Truk, more
  • Logged Dives:Gave up on logs, started e and never finished onediving for 28 years, approx. 200 per year currently

Posted 08 November 2006 - 07:59 AM

I will be joining this adventure and will offer instruction per the Wench's request in Nitrox, advanced Open Water,as well as many other specialties such as deep diver. navigation, search and recovery, peak performance bouyance, boat diver, multi-level diver...

If anyone is interisted let me know and I will ship books to you to do the book work in advance or bring the books and materials. so you can do the book work on the boat.

I was wondering why you were not on this one, but so glad to see that you are.
Orcaman
Larry T, the Orcaman!

It is not the pain of being in the storm, it is the joy of dancing in the rain!!!!!

Oh I Lobster, but I never Flounder!! Well I guess I did Flounder on the 2007 New Year's trip, but I have SURVIVED!!!

#248 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 11:44 AM

cool beans OTW! Welcome to the party!

I've been meaning to get my deep, hmmmmm. Ah heck put me down. I'll knock out the books when I get there.
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
WHO DAT!!!!

#249 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:32 PM

WooHoo!!

I put you on the list, Bill

#250 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 08 November 2006 - 12:34 PM

cool beans OTW! Welcome to the party!

I've been meaning to get my deep, hmmmmm. Ah heck put me down. I'll knock out the books when I get there.

I updated the first thread with your Deep Cert

and you'll def enjoy this class...I took this from Bill in NC in October and he's a great instuctor...you'll have a great time!

#251 Critterwatcher

Critterwatcher

Getting started

• Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox, Rescue
  • Logged Dives:190+

Posted 10 November 2006 - 11:42 PM

Can someone remind me the name off the hotel where we are supposed to meet? My flight from LAX is arriving at 2:20PM on the 20th and I am thinking off changing for the 19th and sleeping in Cabos at that hotel
Is someone else on the Alaska air leaving Lax in the morning? Liz

Hi Liz, if you haven't changed days, we *may* be on the same flight... check your schedules; mine (Alaska 272, leaving 11:03 a.m.) used to be arriving at 2:20 but it was changed to 2:38.

And it's Los Patios Hotel, though I imagine you've figured that out by now... I just sent an e-mail about a transfer via Faro Nuevo, we'll see if that works...

-- Joni

#252 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,586 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 November 2006 - 07:03 AM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

If you have not returned your waivers and survey to Kim aka Fingrabber...PLEASE do so. We will send you a form to fill out for the boat with the vital BOAT info that you need so that the boat can clear customs, do the food shopping for any special eating habits or needs etc.

Please take a minute to see if we've rec'd your docs. (You can tell by the first post.) Some may be sitting on the fax in my office which is locked up until Monday morning when I return from DEMA. If you have NOT sent your forms that way please make sure that you email them to fingrabber@singledivers.com and cc wreckwench@singledivers.com....NOT kamala@ but wreckwench@singledivers.com.

And PLEASE look out for the form from the boat arriving shortly. THEY need to be completed asap! OR cut and paste the following into an email and send to fingrabber@singledivers.com and cc wreckwench@singledivers.com.

Contact Information:

(Full Legal Name required as shown on passport or govt ID)
Email
First Name
Middle Name
Last Name
City
State
Country
Phone

Emergency Contact Info:

Name
Phone
Relationship
Spouse/parent
child/friend

Travel Documentation Required for Alaska and
Mexico trips:

BirthDate (mm/dd/yy)
Passport Number
Citizenship
Male or Female

Other Information Needed:

Vegetarian Poultry Ok Fish Ok Dairy Ok
Special Dietary Requirements
Special Medical Requirements
Allergies
Health Insurance
Carrier / Number

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#253 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 11:52 AM

Paper work on the way.

9 More days!!! Arrrrrrrrgh! :ph34r: I can't wait!! I've been over a year for this trip! I haven't been able to do any serious diving since I broke my face and hand in Feb. :diver: I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!! :cheerleader: I know I'll freeze myself, that way it will seem like no time has passed. (funnier if you watched the last two episodes of south park)

*breathing into paper bag*

ok, I'm better now. Sorry about that, I'll be ok.

P.S. I'm looking foreward to the trip. :)
WHO DAT!!!!

#254 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 11 November 2006 - 03:38 PM

Can someone remind me the name off the hotel where we are supposed to meet? My flight from LAX is arriving at 2:20PM on the 20th and I am thinking off changing for the 19th and sleeping in Cabos at that hotel
Is someone else on the Alaska air leaving Lax in the morning? Liz

Hi Liz, if you haven't changed days, we *may* be on the same flight... check your schedules; mine (Alaska 272, leaving 11:03 a.m.) used to be arriving at 2:20 but it was changed to 2:38.

And it's Los Patios Hotel, though I imagine you've figured that out by now... I just sent an e-mail about a transfer via Faro Nuevo, we'll see if that works...

-- Joni

Yes I am still on that flight .I will be looking for you...and we can share the transit to the hotel ...Liz

#255 Lady Liz

Lady Liz

• PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 09:12 AM

Paper work on the way.

9 More days!!! Arrrrrrrrgh! :ph34r: I can't wait!! I've been over a year for this trip! I haven't been able to do any serious diving since I broke my face and hand in Feb. :thankyou: I'M NOT GOING TO MAKE IT!!!!! :P I know I'll freeze myself, that way it will seem like no time has passed. (funnier if you watched the last two episodes of south park)

*breathing into paper bag*

ok, I'm better now. Sorry about that, I'll be ok.

P.S. I'm looking foreward to the trip. :unhappy:

if you are hyperventilating just thinking about the trip what will do when WW and I will torture you???
I hope people know there CPR on this boat!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users