• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How often do you date?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#211 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

Perhaps we don't radiate that "Bad Boy" charm in these type of relationships, but often there is a hidden desire that grows deep within their souls that may blossom as suddenly as an unexpected rain shower. 

It could happen...

Ah, yes...the ultimate oxymoron -- *bad boy* *charm*! Is there anything worse?! :respect:

Personally, I'd be most grateful if I were you, Michael (and drbill), that this is not what you exude! :lmao: (*charm* -- yes, *bad boy* -- no)

IMHO, such men are like whipped cream -- great on pumpkin pie, but as a dish on their own -- no way!

One needs a well-balanced diet, not a consistent diet of sugar. Most *bad boys* are incapable of providing a full meal. They may be there for the happy-jolly good times, but have very little to offer in terms of emotions, depth, empathy, etc.

I'd much rather start with a light lunch, progress to dinner, and then onto dessert! This way, dessert is something to be cherished -- something that both parties have strived toward; rather than something that is taken for granted. How utterly unsatisfying to start with dessert, only to find it looked much better than it tasted, and no meal willl ever be forthcoming -- the ingredients for one just aren't there.

And Michael...

Yes, it could happen! And does! :cool2:

#212 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:30 PM

Ah, yes...the ultimate oxymoron -- *bad boy* *charm*! Is there anything worse?! :respect:

Personally, I'd be most grateful if I were you, Michael (and drbill), that this is not what you exude! :P (*charm* -- yes, *bad boy* -- no)

IMHO, such men are like whipped cream -- great on pumpkin pie, but as a dish on their own -- no way!

One needs a well-balanced diet, not a consistent diet of sugar. Most *bad boys* are incapable of providing a full meal. They may be there for the happy-jolly good times, but have very little to offer in terms of emotions, depth, empathy, etc.

I'd much rather start with a light lunch, progress to dinner, and then onto dessert! This way, dessert is something to be cherished -- something that both parties have strived toward; rather than something that is taken for granted. How utterly unsatisfying to start with dessert, only to find it looked much better than it tasted, and no meal willl ever be forthcoming -- the ingredients for one just aren't there.

And Michael...

Yes, it could happen! And does! :lmao:

Absolutely correct, but one has to ask, would "bad boy charm" exist at all if there weren't so many charming and otherwise intelligent women who buy into it? What's a nice guy to do?

Rick
:cool2:

#213 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+ and counting!

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:43 PM

Ahh miss annasea... as always, your words are a delightful break from the mundanity of an otherwise normal Friday. Your poetic prose has left me hungry for that perfect meal... consumated with a tempting dessert that is so rich and creamy, each and every bite must be slowly savored.

Mmmmmmmmmm.... mmmmmmmmmm... good.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#214 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Cert Level:OWSI (inactive)
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 08 July 2005 - 02:44 PM

Absolutely correct, but one has to ask, would "bad boy charm" exist at all if there weren't so many charming and otherwise intelligent women who buy into it? What's a nice guy to do?

This is very true. As the quintessentially nice guy, I have often seen women reveling in displays of "bad boy charm" and then later they talk to me about how bad men are.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#215 Trimix2dive

Trimix2dive

Everyone knows me

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Trimix
  • Logged Dives:519

Posted 08 July 2005 - 03:29 PM

This is very true. As the quintessentially nice guy, I have often seen women reveling in displays of "bad boy charm" and then later they talk to me about how bad men are.

Truer words were never spoken gentlemen.

To the ladies:

Do you know what a intellectual pain in the posterior it is to sit by patiently, and wait for you to be mentally numbed by Mr. Astronaut Brain Surgeon Philanophist Inventor of the Artifical Heart Valve Auto Designer Diamond Mine Owner.

It takes a good half hour or so for the BS to filter out of your brain, and get back to normal.

There I'm done ranting.

:cheerleader: and have no fun.

#216 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:10 PM

To the ladies:
Do you know what a intellectual pain in the posterior it is to sit by patiently, and wait for you to be mentally numbed by Mr. Astronaut Brain Surgeon Philanophist Inventor of the Artifical Heart Valve Auto Designer Diamond Mine Owner.

Well, men, I feel your pain.

Some women, no matter how "charming and otherwise intelligent" they appear to be, just do not want a *good guy*. Perhaps they're just as shallow and superficial as the guys they chase after.

My question to both sexes...

Would you really want to be with such a person?? (Breathe a sigh of relief that you were passed over! I know I do!!! :cheerleader:)

:cheerleader:

#217 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:17 PM

Execellent point Miss annasea! Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.

TheScubaCowboy
Buy the special SingleDivers.com version of my SCUBA MUSIC CD "Just A Scuba Cowboy" here for only $15 with savings on multiple copies... each one is personally autographed and it's the perfect gift for divers and non-divers alike!

#218 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 08 July 2005 - 04:51 PM

Sometimes I thank God for unanswered prayers.

He answered them. It was just that "no" was the better answer.

Rick
:cheerleader:

#219 Neptuner

Neptuner

• Business Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,527 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 05:10 PM

Excellent point Rick... as a single parent I fully understand the true implications and importance of being able to accept that "no" answer now too...

TheScubaCowboy

#220 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

Some women, no matter how "charming and otherwise intelligent" they appear to be, just do not want a *good guy*. Perhaps they're just as shallow and superficial as the guys they chase after.

My question to both sexes...

Would you really want to be with such a person?? (Breathe a sigh of relief that you were passed over! I know I do!!! biggrin.gif)

Having NOT been passed over, I can say with unqualified feeling that I WISH I HAD BEEN!!!

But they are not all shallow and superficial--that is the problem--many are actually quite intelligent and deep in the extent of their fascination with the dark side.
There are old divers and there are bold divers, but there ain't no old, bold divers.

#221 drbill

drbill

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:06 PM

There's enough of the "bad boy" in me... however, it is at an intellectual level and some women (and were the genders switched, some men) just can't get it. And usually it is more about teasing than clubbing the woman over the head. I do believe in the words of T.R. and carry a big stick, however I'm sensitive enough not to use it on a woman (or any other living thing for that matter). It's strictly a walking stick.

Edited by drbill, 08 July 2005 - 07:08 PM.

#222 drdiver

drdiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts

Posted 08 July 2005 - 07:08 PM

I do believe in the words of T.R. and carry a big stick, however I'm sensitibve enough not to use it on a woman (or any other living thing for that matter).

Whoa, dr bill, I think I speak for many when I say--thank goodness for that..

(I know I'm feeling much safer now)

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users