• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

How often do you date?

• Please log in to reply
221 replies to this topic

#31 GentDiver

GentDiver

"Shark-Bait"

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 937 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water
  • Logged Dives:80

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:04 PM

you'll love this scott, the married/spoken for men that have offered to keep me on the side! big fat NO to that lifestyle.

No kidding. Although I have to admit that you are not the first person that has told me that story. I don't get the whole being a jerk thing. If you treat everyone around you with respect and how you want to be treated things work out for you in the end... at least that's my hope... :taz:
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
- Albert Einstein

"Do, or do not. There is no 'try'."
- Yoda ('The Empire Strikes Back')

"And the trees are all kept equal by hatch, axe, and saw"
- Rush (The Trees)

#32 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts
  • Cert Level: DIR-F

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:28 PM

This thread sort of reminds me of one a while back on another board, where Diverbrian and I first met. I'm sure at least a couple of the ladies here remember those days.

My whole point back then, and one I think a lot of guys miss ( though the A-holes seem to have a grasp of part of the picture ) is that women do want a strong confident guy, not a weak, sniveling ninny. Seems like the women here are echoing the sentiments I've heard time and time again.

You don't have to be a jerk, you can be a well rounded individual, and you can even be a gentleman ( I think you should be ). But if you come off as being weak, kiss the ladies goodbye... it ain't gonna happen.

( Hey Brian! Wouldn't it be fun to resurrect my theory of the "inner caveman"??? )

#33 jextract

jextract

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

nope...the men i see have mucho mal issues...<sigh>.  sad that i date a huge spectrum but they're always the a**h**** of the bunch.  <sigh>  gonna spend more time diving and having fun than looking for a serious partner for awhile.  especially, you'll love this scott, the married/spoken for men that have offered to keep me on the side!  big fat NO to that lifestyle.

I'm sure this is no surprise that it works both ways. As I copped to in another thread, I do the internet dating thing and I've been contacted by and met two women who I subsequently discovered were married and looking for a little "sumpin' sumpin'" on the side. Ick.

And just for the record, I go out 3-4 times a week, unless I've got other responsibilities to handle.

Edited by jextract, 09 May 2004 - 02:34 PM.

"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#34 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 02:32 PM

unless of course it's an evening with CT in a non-ventilated room!

I just hope the glue on your wings has dried before you take me there!

#35 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

that's sounds intriguingly kinky, CT...

#36 triggerfish

triggerfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,712 posts
  • Cert Level:goddess.
  • Logged Dives:never enough

Posted 09 May 2004 - 03:47 PM

This thread sort of reminds me of one a while back on another board, where Diverbrian and I first met.

ummm....when you and brian met??

but you're not dating yet, right?

#37 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:07 PM

Well my ex told me she wanted to dive and loved sailing, both lies, the next thing I knew I was living on a farm, mucking stalls, shearing sheep and milking goats with no time for diving or sailing.
Now that my son is out and my daughter will be (again) by spring I've desided that this time around I will ONLY date women who are already certified and wouldn't mind living on a sailboat in the tropics, as you can imagine that pool of women is real shallow so I don't date much.
BTW Scuba Honey, if he doesn't get the door for you it's all downhill from there!
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#38 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:30 PM

Actually, it was minor disagreement on extents. His "caveman theory" is cute but I will let him tell it as he was banished to the cave for a couple a days on that one!

Erin,

With this crew, that could be dangerous. :teeth: Wait, I'll give you backup in that cave (next to the scooter)! :helpsmily:
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#39 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:33 PM

Time to find the leash, Leenie. :helpsmily: That's two in as many days!

#40 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:35 PM

This thread sort of reminds me of one a while back on another board, where Diverbrian and I first met.

Erin and I ran into each other on another board. We don't date. We just trade the horror stories that we won't tell the women, LOL.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#41 Coo's Toe

Coo's Toe

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:35 PM

The world wants to meet your inner cave man, DB, trust me. :helpsmily:

#42 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:&gt;300

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:40 PM

What´s a date? When you never meet eligible women, it is a bit hard to date. I can´t even get women to come with me to Cozumel. So here I am in a Cozumel internet cafe..all alone, wiping my tears of lonliness and despair. :helpsmily:

#43 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 09 May 2004 - 04:42 PM

The world wants to meet your inner cave man, DB, trust me. :helpsmily:

Uga? Boga? I have to work on that.

Hey I can do that while I log off to work on that trip report for you all. I actually got to go diving today.

#44 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:38 PM

I actually went on a spontaneous date a couple of days ago but, although we seemed to get along, I doubt if it will go anywhere. I too am finding that I would rather just enjoy the company of friends & perhaps do a little harmless flirting along the way. I find that guys (& I suspect many women) are too eager to get intimate without investing any time in getting truly intimate. I've got a saying about intimacy that I picked up somewhere- "In to me you see." Too often we rush in where fools fear to tread & then wind up regretting our choices very quickly!

'Chie, I remember offers such as yours- sad, very sad.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#45 mischievous

mischievous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,304 posts
  • Cert Level:0
  • Logged Dives:0

Posted 09 May 2004 - 05:53 PM

CT...i want to know the inner cave man theory...why don't you post it? i'll show you my wings if you show me yours kind of thing...

and M, so true! everyone wants to rush physical intimacy lately...where's the romance. i keep trying to hold out for flowers, the candlelight...heck! i'd even like it for a guy just to ask me out instead of the standard cop out, "so maybe we can hook up sometime if we're both at the park together..." and then not following through. i understand rejection and all, but i've done it before (with only one good result to date)..."hey you, hottie/interesting male, would you like to go watch the NASCAR imax on Wednesday?"

i've tried following "the rules", but no one would play along with me and i'm impatient. although one nice gentleman asked me out weeks in advance, but it quickly got too serious for me and i got scared and ran away. LOL! maybe i should take the advice in 28 DAYS. first have a plant, if it lives for six weeks...get a pet, if it survives for a year....then you're ready to date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users