• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CREATURE FEATURE - Cool Trivia!!

• Please log in to reply
365 replies to this topic

#301 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:57 AM

very cool clue gcbryan! I'm looking!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#302 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 02:05 PM

mysteryfish.jpg
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#303 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts
  • Logged Dives:620

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:01 PM

Verbage David, verbage. I need words. :P

Nice picture but ....

Gray

#304 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:05 PM

I know what that is a picture of!!
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#305 David Evans

David Evans

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 401 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:36 PM

I know what that is a picture of!!

Spill it, Nicolle... I'm on my way to happy hour and fresh out of clues at the moment... you're up! :P

-d
"They that go down to the sea in ships, that do business in great waters; These see the works of the Lord, and His wonders in the deep."
Psalms 107:23-24

#306 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:46 PM

Plainfin Midshipman!!???

#307 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 03:49 PM

Ding, Ding, Ding, Ding ...we have a winner.

Your turn Nicolle.

Gray

Edited by gcbryan, 31 March 2006 - 03:50 PM.

#308 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 04:16 PM

Well it was a TEAM effort! I'll post my clue shortly! :P

#309 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:04 PM

Creature Feature 50

This gelatinous big headed critter is often mistaken for a jellyfish, but it is not jellyfish. It cannot sting but it is never-the-less a voracious filter feeder! This critter has an interesting physical characteristic in that it is divided into 8 sections by bands of hairlike cilia that beat synchronously or in a pattern to allow these critters, unlike jellyfish, to move forward and backward through the water. Even more interesting, the diffraction of light passing between the cilia creates a strikingly beautiful shimmering rainbow pattern - like Holiday lights! Bet you've seen these before as they are world-wide and I'll bet you thought they were a jellyfish!

#310 nextariel

nextariel

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:12 PM

Pelagic Tunicate?
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#311 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 06:17 PM

Good guess - you are warm.

#312 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 31 March 2006 - 09:25 PM

Ctenophore

#313 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 31 March 2006 - 11:54 PM

Common names please :)

#314 gcbryan

gcbryan

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 777 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:09 AM

Common names please :)

Comb Jelly. If that is correct...take it away Dr. Bill...next creature!

#315 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 01 April 2006 - 01:39 AM

:) excellent and another team effort!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users