• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Turks & Caicos...The Jewel of the Caribbean

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#46 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 29 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

Okay - I took a look at "who is going" and there are ALL women except for Dan!!!! Where are the other guys on this trip? I don't want Dan ummmmmmmmmmmm...............feeling the need to be Cabana Boy on this trip due to the lack of male divers!!!! :cool1:

Come on guys - get those checks in the mail!!!!

Hey, I read on a web page somewhere there are lots of seahorses down there. I think we should have wrangler along on this trip. Don't you? :welcome:

#47 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:02 PM

Okay - I took a look at "who is going" and there are ALL women except for Dan!!!! Where are the other guys on this trip? I don't want Dan ummmmmmmmmmmm...............feeling the need to be Cabana Boy on this trip due to the lack of male divers!!!! :cool1:

Hey, I read on a web page somewhere there are lots of seahorses down there. I think we should have wrangler along on this trip. Don't you? :welcome:

Well, that sounds like a plan!

I'm trying to get Sonny Beaches to commit...well, to this trip, that is!

#48 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:20 PM

I say bring the wrangler on!!!!!!! Just make sure the shower has a window................i hear the wrangler likes that!!!! :thankyou: Or was it the starfish that liked that??? Perhaps the captn??

Good idea Mandi!!!!
Known puker

#49 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:53 AM

Okay - I took a look at "who is going" and there are ALL women except for Dan!!!! Where are the other guys on this trip? I don't want Dan ummmmmmmmmmmm...............feeling the need to be Cabana Boy on this trip due to the lack of male divers!!!! :P

Hey, I read on a web page somewhere there are lots of seahorses down there. I think we should have wrangler along on this trip. Don't you? :thankyou:

I'm sure there are some who thinks I need to be commited,,There coming to take me away, there coming to
take away, Haha, Hah, the men in the little white jackets are coming to take me away :cheerleader:
:cheerleader:

#50 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 12:00 PM

Okay - I took a look at "who is going" and there are ALL women except for Dan!!!! Where are the other guys on this trip? I don't want Dan ummmmmmmmmmmm...............feeling the need to be Cabana Boy on this trip due to the lack of male divers!!!! :P

Hey, I read on a web page somewhere there are lots of seahorses down there. I think we should have wrangler along on this trip. Don't you? :thankyou:

I'm sure there are some who thinks I need to be commited,,There coming to take me away, there coming to
take away, Haha, Hah, the men in the little white jackets are coming to take me away :cheerleader:
:cheerleader:

lmao!! well, you've just confirmed what I always thought!

#51 scubafanatic

scubafanatic

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 421 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Advanced Nitrox and Deco Procedures, Cavern
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 06 December 2005 - 03:11 AM

Hi Kamala,

Per Kim, I understand you're presently in Florida....but please hurry back, 'cause I know you've got at least 2 more T&C Explorer trip deposits in your mailbox.....so if you would, please add 'Scubafanatic' and 'Nurseshark' to the 'list'. :birthday:

....guess I need to get with you on the airfare/logistics.....I'm assuming us 'locals' (DFW residents) would enjoy being on all the same flights, if possible, so we need the details on all that.

....did this trip last April, (on their new boat) so if our weather holds I'm sure we'll have a GREAT time........and, of course, as befitting a 'scubafanatic', I was the only diver on my trip that did ALL 27 dives, so I hope everyone's ready to dive their BUNS off ! :birthday:

....by the way, hope everyone's OK with SHARKS.......saw a good number of them last time, (reef sharks) including BIG ones, even on the night dives....they can be curious about divers and will come face-to-face with you and check you out sometimes....also got very close to a few BIG barracuda, although even the biggest ones there couldn't hold a candle to the ones I saw on the Oil Rig last Labor Day (Sea Searcher II) ....holy cow, those things were monsters....just ask 'nurseshark' !

......... the reef walls start at about 60 ft. deep, and I really enjoyed cruising the walls @ 110--130 ft. deep....and looking downward and seeing the walls drop into infinity.....another 6000 ft deep or so..... COOL !

Karl

#52 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:08 AM

Hey Karl...got you and Nurseshark on the list...I'll be checking mail today so I'm sure you'll be upgraded to Deposit inhand shortly! Thanks for joining us...this trip is filling out fast! It will be a blast! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#53 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:44 AM

....by the way, hope everyone's OK with SHARKS.......saw a good number of them last time, (reef sharks) including BIG ones, even on the night dives....they can be curious about divers and will come face-to-face with you and check you out sometimes....also got very close to a few BIG barracuda, although even the biggest ones there couldn't hold a candle to the ones I saw on the Oil Rig last Labor Day (Sea Searcher II) ....holy cow, those things were monsters....just ask 'nurseshark' !

I don't think there is any problem with this group and sharks! :taz:
In Fiji we had white tips, black tips and grey reef sharks.
In Cozumel, nurse sharks.
North Carolina, 10ft sand tigers.

Bring em on!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by CaptSaaz, 06 December 2005 - 09:46 AM.

We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#54 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:02 AM

Please add me to the list - I'll put my check in the mail this week, I had such a good time on the SABA liveaboard I don't want to miss this one. :banghead:

Couple of questions:

Looking at the Explorer Ventures site they have a notice about Fuel Surcharges - we should expect to pay these at the time of the trip? Looks like it will be $85 in April/May 2006, correct?

And I'm sure this is a San Francisco thing, but I just can't share a bed with someone of the same sex :cool2: The cabins on the main deck say "twin/queen" does that mean some are twins and some are queens or all cabins on that deck can be either. Or just tell me what category to book so I get a twin bed :angel2:
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#55 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

Please add me to the list - I'll put my check in the mail this week, I had such a good time on the SABA liveaboard I don't want to miss this one. :P

Couple of questions:

Looking at the Explorer Ventures site they have a notice about Fuel Surcharges - we should expect to pay these at the time of the trip? Looks like it will be $85 in April/May 2006, correct?

And I'm sure this is a San Francisco thing, but I just can't share a bed with someone of the same sex :lmao: The cabins on the main deck say "twin/queen" does that mean some are twins and some are queens or all cabins on that deck can be either. Or just tell me what category to book so I get a twin bed :D

Nancy,

it will be great to dive with you again!!

I talked to WW earlier today and she said that the $85 surcharge may or may not apply...she will get clarification from Explorer Ventures

as for the bed configurations, from the Explorer Ventures website, it appears that the only rooms with "queen beds only" are the VIP suites...the others are either side by side twin/queen beds or bunks like we had in Saba...again, we will clarify this, too

Kim

#56 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:25 PM

BUG!!!!!

So glad you will be there to taste my food for me!!!!! :lmao: I was worried. Most live a boards I have been on the twin beds are just pushed together - so I think you'll be safe!!! :D You make friends easily BUG - don't worry about the cozy part!!! :P

LOVE THE BUG LOVE THE BUG LOVE THE BUG!!!!

Seriously - glad you will be on the trip my friend!!
Known puker

#57 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

Here's pictures of the 3 decks. Kim's right, it looks like only the top deck has queens. Also, unless someone's REALLY good friends in a twin bed, I only see 17 holes for folks, not 18. I'm waffling sending money for this one right now (sudden change of lifestyle: the next 6 or 7 months I may be a dive bum instead of working).

Attached Images

• tcex2boatdeck.jpg
  • tcex2main.jpg
  • tcex2lower.jpg

#58 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:18 PM

Here's pictures of the 3 decks. Kim's right, it looks like only the top deck has queens. Also, unless someone's REALLY good friends in a twin bed, I only see 17 holes for folks, not 18. I'm waffling sending money for this one right now (sudden change of lifestyle: the next 6 or 7 months I may be a dive bum instead of working).

Stan,

I have sent an email to Explorer Ventures for a clarification on the rooms and will post this information here asap...

I am usually willing to share a bed...but it depends on who it is!

#59 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:47 PM

:twist: Got my airfare booked!

I'll be flying out of Dallas on the 6:00am, flight, waking up about the time we get to Miami, on the 29th. Any of the other Dallas travelers planning on being on this flight?

It was -13 here the other day :-D , you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to this trip :lmao:

Nancy, glad to see you are on the trip. It's almost a Cozumel reunioun!

#60 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 11 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

Kamala, do I need to put in a special request for vegetarian meals? I know that most liveaboards will accomodate this if they know in advance.

Thanks!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users