• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Turks & Caicos...The Jewel of the Caribbean

• Please log in to reply
459 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 11 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

Kamala, do I need to put in a special request for vegetarian meals? I know that most liveaboards will accomodate this if they know in advance.

Thanks!!

Yes they will accommodate any and all special requests. When you fill out the profile for the trip, make sure that you note it on that! Thanks! kamala

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 11 December 2005 - 04:49 PM

Kamala, do I need to put in a special request for vegetarian meals? I know that most liveaboards will accomodate this if they know in advance.

Thanks!!

I did the Saba Explorer Ventures with SD earlier this year and they were very accommodating. I am L/O (and pretty particular about it) and the chef made sure that there was plenty for me at every meal. I'm hoping to do this trip too so there might be 2 of us :lmao:

mandi

Edited by landlocked, 11 December 2005 - 04:58 PM.

#63 H20 Bug

H20 Bug

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Cert Level:DiveControlSpecial Cert
  • Logged Dives:250

Posted 11 December 2005 - 10:21 PM

Stan - Thanks for the picture, that's what I had seen too, but the picture didn't seem to match the description, so I was just double checking. You should consider joining us, the liveaboard last April was great - lots of diving, good crew, good boat. So, is being a dive bum a bad thing? :lmao:

Kim, thanks for looking into my questions. It will be nice to see and dive with both you and Karla again.

Karla, not to worry - the cook last April had lots of great vegetrian - I only test the non meat items for Sandy :twist:
Any time spent in, on, around or underwater adds days to your life.

#64 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 12 December 2005 - 12:22 PM

Please add me to the list - I'll put my check in the mail this week, I had such a good time on the SABA liveaboard I don't want to miss this one. :fish:

Couple of questions:

Looking at the Explorer Ventures site they have a notice about Fuel Surcharges - we should expect to pay these at the time of the trip? Looks like it will be $85 in April/May 2006, correct?

And I'm sure this is a San Francisco thing, but I just can't share a bed with someone of the same sex :diver: The cabins on the main deck say "twin/queen" does that mean some are twins and some are queens or all cabins on that deck can be either. Or just tell me what category to book so I get a twin bed :-D

Nancy,

I received the following clarification from Explorer Ventures:

VIPR17;s: Queen beds only

3, 4 & 5 : twins only ( 5 can be changed to queen if we have to but with all of the singles it should work out as twins)

6 & 7: can twins or queens

8, 9 & 10: all twin bunks

All cabins are very roomy with windows, hanging closets, dressers, in suite baths, and individual climate controls. NO cabin is positioned near the engine room

so, any cabin except the VIP staterooms have 2 beds in them

#65 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 12 December 2005 - 01:15 PM

:fish: Got my airfare booked!

I'll be flying out of Dallas on the 6:00am, flight, waking up about the time we get to Miami, on the 29th. Any of the other Dallas travelers planning on being on this flight?

It was -13 here the other day :-D , you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to this trip :diver:

Nancy, glad to see you are on the trip. It's almost a Cozumel reunioun!

Whoohoo!! Gorilla arms is coming!

Me and the Starfish have JFK direct and did it on F/F... woot!
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#66 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:30 PM

:D Got my airfare booked!

I'll be flying out of Dallas on the 6:00am, flight, waking up about the time we get to Miami, on the 29th. Any of the other Dallas travelers planning on being on this flight?

It was -13 here the other day :-D , you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to this trip :cool1:

If you are on the 6am American flight I am too!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#67 Starfish Sandy

Starfish Sandy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  • Cert Level:aow, nitrox
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:16 PM

:P Got my airfare booked!

It was -13 here the other day :o , you can imagine how much I'm looking forward to this trip :lmao:

BeachBunny - if you are on the same flight with Carla - YOU have to make sure her luggage makes it to the boat!! Some one is assigned to Carla and her luggage after the Coz 05 trip!! ALWAYS. (Don't worry Carla - I am bringing the sprakling sherbert suit just for you!!!)

Edited by Starfish Sandy, 12 December 2005 - 07:16 PM.

Known puker

#68 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:31 PM

BeachBunny - if you are on the same flight with Carla - YOU have to make sure her luggage makes it to the boat!! Some one is assigned to Carla and her luggage after the Coz 05 trip!! ALWAYS. (Don't worry Carla - I am bringing the sprakling sherbert suit just for you!!!)

Heck, I had something similar on a solo trip to Bonaire. I arrived in Kralendijk with my carry-on, and my clothes and dive gear stayed in MBJ. Who thinks to keep a spare pair of underwear in a carry-on? I'm sure both bags had a wonderful time without me, but I was *freaked*. From a side conversation with Que, she had something similar in (Ecuador? don't recall). Ya gotta love airlines! With a lot of phone calls and even more perseverence, I finally got undies and regs found and delivered (yay!). I had to beg to see if my bags were in the 'dead pile' behind the security lines after the last plane arrived the next day. We weren't in the US, so they let me back there.

And I'm ecstatic to say your sparkly sherbert suit probably won't fit me... ;-)

Hmmm, let's see: high in the 60s today, low around 50. I don't think I'm moving to Colorado anytime soon!

#69 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 12 December 2005 - 08:43 PM

Whoohoo!! Gorilla arms is coming!

Me and the Starfish have JFK direct and did it on F/F... woot!

I can see right now that you two are going to be trouble :lmao:

Sherbert suit....I'll just have to bring something special :o for Miss Peter Pan Hands :P

This is going to be one of those laugh till you cry kind of trips.

I can't wait!

Great! You'll be able to find me, I'll be hanging out at Starbucks in DFW doing shots of expresso!

#70 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 13 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

That's where I will be as well!! Gotta love the Starbucks! I am working in Knoxville for a couple of weeks every month and had to get a hotel close to a Starbucks....they are kinda hard to find here.

As for keeping track of Carla and her bags, I have a hard enough time keeping track of myself, let alone my bags but I will do my best!

Heck, I had something similar on a solo trip to Bonaire. I arrived in Kralendijk with my carry-on, and my clothes and dive gear stayed in MBJ. Who thinks to keep a spare pair of underwear in a carry-on? I'm sure both bags had a wonderful time without me, but I was *freaked*. From a side conversation with Que, she had something similar in (Ecuador? don't recall). Ya gotta love airlines! With a lot of phone calls and even more perseverence, I finally got undies and regs found and delivered (yay!). I had to beg to see if my bags were in the 'dead pile' behind the security lines after the last plane arrived the next day. We weren't in the US, so they let me back there.

And I'm ecstatic to say your sparkly sherbert suit probably won't fit me... ;-)

Hmmm, let's see: high in the 60s today, low around 50. I don't think I'm moving to Colorado anytime soon!

Why would you need undies? Just go commando for a few days, I hear it can be very freeing!!!!!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#71 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 14 December 2005 - 11:44 PM

Why would you need undies? Just go commando for a few days, I hear it can be very freeing!!!!!

My two dive partners were both guys, and I wouldn't have mooned 'em for the world. It was the first time I'd dived with photographers, and they were *fantastic* to dive with! It got me hooked on photography.

If anyone's stuck in a similar situation, there's a store a half klick east of the roundabout on Bonaire (kinda like a down-scale K-Mart) that had enough to keep me presentable 'till my clothes showed up.

WW: Put me down as 'severely interested' in this trip, at least 'till I get a clue what the air costs.

#72 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:05 PM

Hey everybody!

The boat holds 20 but since we are a singles group, we are only doing 18. We have 2 VIP suites that have a queen sized bed in them. Any takers?

#73 landlocked

landlocked

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:27 PM

Hey everybody!

The boat holds 20 but since we are a singles group, we are only doing 18. We have 2 VIP suites that have a queen sized bed in them. Any takers?

I'm working on it Kimmie. Just give me a little more time :lmao:

I do have a quick question though, would it be ok to arrive on the 8:10 flight into PLS? it seems to be the only flight I can get on.

Edited by landlocked, 15 December 2005 - 08:33 PM.

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 December 2005 - 11:35 PM

Hey everybody!

I'm working on it Kimmie. Just give me a little more time :lmao:

I do have a quick question though, would it be ok to arrive on the 8:10 flight into PLS? it seems to be the only flight I can get on.

No worries...wenchie is on the job...at least that's what kimmie says and she's the boss! :cheerleader:

I can PROMISE you the boat won't leave without you! So that flight will be just fine! :dancing:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#75 fairfield59

fairfield59

• PipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:102

Posted 16 December 2005 - 10:26 PM

Hey everybody!

Does this mean if I pay the 1995 I get a VIP suite all to myself?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users