• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 4th Fireworks on History...NC Wrecks

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 October 2005 - 10:33 AM

4th of July in historic North Carolina...diving on history...OUR history! And watching fireworks light it all up...it just doesn't get any better then that!

But WAIT...IT JUST GOT BETTER!!! HOW? DAN and COCHRAN Computers are teaming up with SingleDivers.com to make SD a data collection group for studies being conducted to understand DCS and how to prevent it. Cochran computers have always been a part of DAN's efforts to help prevent DCS but Cochran's new computers go even farther to collect critical data such as your flight durations and times, as well as if you are diving in fresh or salt water, cold or warm water and more. Sampling once a second compared to once every 7 seconds like most computers, these computers are incredibly intelligent and we are very excited that we'll be able to use them to collect data for DAN on this trip as well as check out the newest and most exciting dive computers from the Cochran Dive Team!

To See More...Click here for NC Photo Gallery

This year's FireWorks on History NC Wreck and Shark Diving trip is July 1-4 diving with June 30th and July 5th as travel days.

Who's Going? ONLY 18 spots!

1. Kamala aka the "Wreck Wench" 4 days/5nites-pd Rental Nitrox 100's - pd Fuel Surcharge PD Survey & Waiver
2. Mike aka ASDMike 4days/5nites-inv,pd Rental Nitrox 100's Survey & Waiver
3. Brian aka Diverbrian 4days/5nites- depNitrox fills drive-in Survey & Waiver
4. Gary aka Dock 4days/5nites - dep/1st Nitrox Rentals 100's
5. Dan aka ScubaTooth 4days/5nites - dep Nitrox Rentals 100's Survey/Waiver
6. Karl aka scubafanatic 4days/5nites - pd Nitrox Rentals LP108's Fuel Surcharge PD Waiver & Survey
7. Nicolle aka dive_girl 4 days/5nites -pd Nitrox Rentals100's or Doubles if avail Survey and Waiver
8. Brian aka Scubabjs - 4 days/4nites - pd Fuel Surcharge PD
9. Doris aka ariesno1 -dep/1st pd 2nd pd Nitrox, rental 100's Survey only
10. Karen aka nurseshark 4 days/5nites -75% Nitrox Rentals LP100's Waiver ONLY
11. Joe aka Vulture 4 days/4nites -dep Survey only
12. Space Taken by DAN Representative for DAN Study (Sat & Sun) & Vanessa aka Wreck Goddess (Mon & Tues) - Nitrox, rental 100's
13. John G aka Cochran Representative for DAN Study - TAKEN by Dan G SE Regional Rep (pd)
14. Bill aka OTWDiver - SD Instructor - SC (pd) - Waiver only
15. Vinny aka VADiver - VA (pd) Nitrox not paid - Fuel Surcharge not pd
16.ScubaDadMiami - FL (pd) - Waiver and Survey
17. Space Taken by DAN Representative for DAN Study (All 4 days) (pd)
18. Manny aka MannyDib - FL (pd)

Check's in the mail...

Waiting List:

Who's Interested...

1. Drgnfiend
2. ScubaDiver-DJ
3. ledgedive
4. bradfordnc

Full Details below:

Hey gang! ONLY 18 TOTAL can do this trip!!! Diving on History in North Carolina is a once in a lifetime dive you have to do at LEAST once!!! But I'll warn you...when you find out that there is Caribbean water with HUGE animal encounters and the most incredible wrecks that you can dive on or in...you may just get 'hooked' like some of us near and dear to you...ahem...me!

What You'll See:

REAL WWI and WWII shipwrecks..sunk as early as 1918
The U-352...the second U-Boat sunk by the US in WWII and the ONLY U-Boat in warm, clear diveable waters!
Numerous U-Boat victims (not bodies) who fought valiantly for our freedoms!
Large animals such as Huge Southern Stingrays, Barracudas, Grouper, Amberjack, and yes SHARKS...SHARKS...SHARKS!!!

(Please note that we ask for 40+ dives and adv open water or equilivent in experience as these wrecks are 80-125ft in depth. The water temps are 80-85 degrees and vis is 70-150ft. No wreck certfication is required however the standard nitrox blend is 30%. Most wrecks do NOT have penetration opportunities and you must be specially trained to attempt a wreck penetration. Many of the wrecks have light passthru's where you can swim in and out to the light on the other side. Most of the wrecks are scattered due to frequent storms or if inshore cable layered to prevent hazards to shipping.)

See full package details below these summaries.

5 nights/4 days Diving/8 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB
$925 diver d/o $575 non-diver d/o

Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice. NOTE: 6-1-06 There will be a $5 per day fuel surchg or $20 total.

(All divers need to arrive in RDU Raliegh airport by 3pm Friday June 30th for group van pickup. If from the local area need to arrive sometime on June 30th. Depart Wednesday July 5th from MHCity at 9:00am arrive RDU approx 1pm in time for 3pm or later RDU departures.) Note: Departure on July 5th earlier for this trip only!
Note: Please contact me for local VA/NC/SC drive in rates.

Optional Add-on's:

Single Room Upgrade: $50 per night or $250 for 5 nites (limited single rooms available)
Nitrox: Nitrox Fills for drive in divers are 30% mix. 100's $12; 80's $10 Nitrox:
Nitrox Rentals for drive in divers are steel or alum (mix is 30%) 100's $18; 80's $15
Nitrox: Nitrox Upgrades for fly in divers are 100's $12; 80's $10 per tank (mix is 30%)
Air: Air Fills 100's $6; 80's $5 for drive in divers
Air: Air Rentals 100's $10; 80's $6 for drive in divers
Air: Upgrade to air 100's $5 per tank for fly in divers
Air: INCLUDED IN SD PKG are 2 air 80's daily
Additional Sightseeing & Deep Sea Fishing* excursions: Historic Beaufort, Atlantic Beach and Morehead City offer a host of shopping and fun activities on 'the boardwalk'. We can also visit Fort Macon which is the only fort to be commissioned twice in US History...first in the Civil War and then in WWII. (*Can be accommodated if we lose a day of diving OR you plan to stay a day later or arrive a day early.)

Discounts:

1. SingleDiver.com Premier Membership Mail In Rebate <$25>
2. Early Bird Booking Discount if paid in full by 12/01/05 <$50>
3. Note: Prices reflect a cash discount. If paying via credit card or paypal please add 3% processing fee.

Deposit Information:

1. Payment in full by 12/01/05 receives $50 off the trip price and as always premier and charter members receive an additional $25 member discount via a mail in rebate.

2. To secure a spot on this limited availability trip either payment in full or a $200 deposit must be rec'd or the spot you hope to have may be taken by another diver. Unless arrangements are made prior with me, missing a deposit deadline can cause your spot to be released to another customer.

3. Deposit Schedule:

a.$250 due at booking to hold your reservation for trip
b. 50% of trip bal total due April 1st or $337.50
c. 50% of trip bal due $337.50 less "Early Bird Payment Only if qualified" due May 1st ($337.50 less any "Early Bird Discounts") + FUEL SURCHARGE $20 Note: Membership $25 Rebate Form here.

Payment Information:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

* INCLUDED in 5 nights/4 days Diving/8 boat dives/lunch & breakfast/BBQ/xfers RDU/AB NC pkg:

Over ten years of experienced hosting by the "Wreck Wench" and the Diver Down
4 days 2 Tank Boat Dives each Day (air 80's included with upgrade avail. to Nitrox and 100's)
Five (5) nights double occupancy lodging at the Fisherman's Inn Hotel (100 ft from the boat)
R/T Transfers from Raleigh Airport to Atlantic Beach and back (if needed)
Ask about Specialty Certifications you can take before or during your trip such as Nitrox, Wreck, Boat, Deep, Computer, etc.
Fabulous Fresh Catch & Steak Dockside Cookout Dinner and Drinks (both alcoholic and non) on Saturday Night ONLY of each trip.
Dinner reservations for all divers each night at one of the great local establishments!
Includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, water, soda & juice served on the boat daily!
Lead included, but bring your own weight belt, as belts are limited.
SD's Famous "Meet & Greet" Happy Hour and Introduction Party!
SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!
Boat limited to ONLY 18 divers plus crew. (Hurry Now to secure your spot!)

NOT Included:

Airfare to RDU and back. (Price varies from $250 to $280 so get your ticket soon!)
Dinner for 4 of 5 nights
Dive tips..typically $10 per day
Nitrox upgrades
Other incidentals
Due to the volatile nature of fuel prices, a fuel surcharge may be added upon 30 days' notice. NOTE: 6-1-06 There will be a $5 per day fuel surchg or $20 total.

*Due to a very short diving season May to Oct; variable weather; and very few dive operators; the diving alone in NC is $100+ per day making it the most expensive per day diving destination...but as you'll see...WELL worth the price to dive on "History" I assure you!

Note: PLEASE ask us if you are able and ready to make these phenomenal dives comfortably and safely! NC diving is not for everyone...but it could be for you!

Attached Images

• MemDay02_Naeco_LionFish.JPG

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 23 October 2005 - 01:55 PM

And of course artifacts can still be found!

Attached Images

• WW_in_NC.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#3 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 October 2005 - 11:19 PM

I'm interested in this one! :lmao:
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#4 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 29 October 2005 - 06:34 AM

Brian, the weather is usually 'good' in July! And Kamala owes us a couple dives on the U-Boat this time.

Oh, the dry suit is delayed due to the damn hurricane. Instead of having it early November, I may have to pick it up mid November. On the plus side I might be getting a great deal on a scooter!

#5 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 09:47 AM

Brian, the weather is usually 'good' in July! And Kamala owes us a couple dives on the U-Boat this time.

Gee you read my mind. :lmao:

Drive-in for double 130's and Nitrox, please. This would be the same deal as the end of the season trip this year. Just tack on a day.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#6 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:59 AM

I'm interested in this one!  :lmao:

Myself as WELL!!

Are the rental 100's available with H-valves?

Norm

Please beware of unexpended Ordinance!!

#7 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:29 PM

Gee you read my mind. :lmao:

Drive-in for double 130's and Nitrox, please. This would be the same deal as the end of the season trip this year. Just tack on a day.

Brian,

I've added you to the list!

#8 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:35 PM

I'm interested in this one!   :lmao:

Myself as WELL!!

Norm

Norm,

I'll find out about the H valves for you...it will probably take a couple of days though!

Kim

#9 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

I'm interested in this one!   :verysad:

Myself as WELL!!

Norm

Norm,

I'll find out about the H valves for you...it will probably take a couple of days though!

Kim

Kim,

Thanks much!

If I drove, I'd bring my steelie 95, but the mileage is close to making me want to fly (I have a 2.5 hour car BUTT!)...

No H is still OK, as I keep a single 1st-stage long-hosed Keys rig...

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 11:08 PM

Myself as WELL!!

Norm

Norm,

Kim

Kim,

Thanks much!

If I drove, I'd bring my steelie 95, but the mileage is close to making me want to fly (I have a 2.5 hour car BUTT!)...

Norm,

I've lined up a couple of HP120's with H valves for you...are you in????

by the way, these are the only 120's I could get, so once Norm takes them, everyone else is diving 100' or 80's!

#11 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 07:05 AM

Myself as WELL!!

Norm

Norm,

Kim

Kim,

Thanks much!

Norm,

by the way, these are the only 120's I could get, so once Norm takes them, everyone else is diving 100' or 80's!

finGrabber,

Thanks, but I won't be able to make a firm go-no-go decision until after Christmas Bonus time....

Don't hold the 120's from anyone who can post earnest $$$, wouldn't be right!

Norm

#12 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 30 October 2005 - 10:13 AM

Myself as WELL!!

Norm

Norm,

Kim

Kim,

Thanks much!

Norm,

finGrabber,

Thanks, but I won't be able to make a firm go-no-go decision until after Christmas Bonus time....

Don't hold the 120's from anyone who can post earnest $$$, wouldn't be right!

Norm

:lmao:

Ok, hopefully, you can make it!

#13 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

We may be able to get a few more 120's closer to the trip time but certainly not with h valves. I know of only 2 that are available...as Kim said!

Good to see some interest for this trip already....NC rocks and the 4th of July trip is VERY cool. If we have enough interest we may be able to do some wrecks we don't usually do aka further offshore etc.

formerly...

#14 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 01 November 2005 - 12:50 AM

You know which off-shore site that I would vote for!

#15 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:59 PM

Hey gang...in order to accommodate the Flower Gardens trip I need to fly back a couple of hours early from this trip. We will now be allowing 3pm or later departures rather than 5pm or later departures!

Depart Wednesday July 5th from MHCity at 9:00am arrive RDU approx 1pm in time for 3pm or later RDU departures.) Note: Departure on July 5th earlier for this trip only!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users