• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 4th Fireworks on History...NC Wrecks

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#16 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts
  • Cert Level:GUE T2/C1
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 14 November 2005 - 07:23 PM

I second Brian's motion to which wrecks (OK, I mean wreck!) we need TWO dives on. I'll even bring the DVD so we can all watch it the night before.

#17 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

I second Brian's motion to which wrecks (OK, I mean wreck!) we need TWO dives on. I'll even bring the DVD so we can all watch it the night before.

Does this mean you are joining us for this trip? That would be awesome my dear! And let me guess...you wann do two dives on the U-352 German U-Boat? Am I right???

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#18 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 06 December 2005 - 09:39 AM

as long as we won't have to do more than one dive on Bridgespan 14.

but i'm not all that into more than one dive on the German UnterSea Sewerpipe either. once per trip is enough.

would love to get over and see the Proteus or some of the other less visited wrecks.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#19 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 16 December 2005 - 12:38 PM

but i'm not all that into more than one dive on the German UnterSea Sewerpipe either. once per trip is enough.

would love to get over and see the Proteus or some of the other less visited wrecks.

Easy enough to arrange if everyone is interested. The beauty of this trip is that with 4 full days of diving we have LOTS of flexibility!

It is ALWAYS boat's choice...but I do guarantee one dive on the u-boat, the WWI wreck and one with sharks...the rest are up to the boat!

p.s. Brad does this mean you'll be in the area and could join us??? That would be awesome!!! :welcome:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#20 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

I'll be there if I'm back stateside by then (fingers crossed).

As for the other lfuther off shore wrecks...I second that motion. I wouldn't mind paying a resonable surchage for a trip to the deeper, less visited wrecks. It's been a while since I dove them so it should be fun.

Who signed up so far?

#21 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:20 PM

Actually, I was thinking of a US submarine near the Proteus. It would be cool to get a US sub and a German one on the same trip.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#22 VADiver

VADiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 20 December 2005 - 09:18 PM

Isn't that sub the USS Tarpon? I've never visited her before? Are you going to come down again?

#23 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 21 December 2005 - 11:00 AM

Isn't that sub the USS Tarpon? I've never visited her before? Are you going to come down again?

That would be the correct submarine. I am already have plans to be on this trip. They found the Tarpon while looking for the Proteus as a recall so the two wrecks should be pretty close together.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#24 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 25 December 2005 - 11:48 PM

You have to remember. I don't see vessels that were sunk in battle up here. I see all kinds of wooden schooners, old package freighters, and large more modern freighters that sunk in storms though.

I want to do one good dive on the U-Boat and move on to things with better penetration opportunities. Some colorful sea life would be nice too. I haven't been in salt water for over two years. Personally, my first two sets of doubles are coming down with at least 20 percent He in them to allow me to do whatever I want to do. Outside of that, I am game for anything!

See my comments on the Proteus and the Tarpon for other requests.

#25 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 28 December 2005 - 10:38 AM

Brian,

the Proteus and USS Tarpon would be great dives.

the U-352 is a great dive as well, and don't mind diving it again with you guys. but believe me, its not very big, you can see the whole thing in one dive.

and as for penetration, its a straight shot through the sub. (as long as you can fit through the hatch)

it does get silted up extremely easily.

one hatch is smaller than the other, so if your not comfy going back through a silted sub, you might wanna practice your "no-mount" skills.
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#26 ledgedive

ledgedive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:open
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 10 January 2006 - 12:34 PM

:welcome:
Y'all will have a bonus this year the
"Tall Ships" will be in port

The Tall Ships are coming to Beaufort and Morehead City!

Pepsi Americas’ Sail is June 30-July 5, 2006. The Friends of the North Carolina Maritime Museum, the host organization, has released a tentative schedule of activities for the Tall Ships event.

The Parade of Sail will be Saturday morning, July 1. Class A vessels will dock at the North Carolina State Port in Morehead City, and the Class B vessels will dock at the Beaufort Waterfront.

The Class B Race, with defending champion Capt. Horatio Sinbad and crew aboard the Meka II of Beaufort competing, will be Sunday morning, July 2, along the shoreline off Atlantic Beach.

Tours of the ships will be available at scheduled intervals from July 1-4. The final event will be a July 4 “Fireworks Extravaganza,” with the ships departing on July 5.

2004 Chamber Chair Marlene Anderson, who has been serving as the Chamber’s liaison with the Tall Ships management team, will continue to be involved with the project and is assuming responsibility for developing the “Carteret County Showcase,” which will be a central attraction for visitors to the community.

The Chamber will provide updated information about the Tall Ships as it is made available.

http://www.nccoastch...s/TallShips.asp

I beleive they will also have tours of the ships, they do expect a huge amount of tourists so traffic/parking
is likely to be pretty congested. If I get the chance to dive with your group on this trip I'll bring my boat down so we can do some on the water tours (sorry won't hold 18 people only 20ft 6-8 people) but
can make a couple trips

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:13 PM

I beleive they will also have tours of the ships, they do expect a huge amount of tourists so traffic/parking
is likely to be pretty congested. If I get the chance to dive with your group on this trip I'll bring my boat down so we can do some on the water tours (sorry won't hold 18 people only 20ft 6-8 people) but
can make a couple trips

Hey thanks for reminding me about the Tall Ships being in town...it will certainly be cool and YES I hope you do join us!!! We'd love to do small group water tours on your boat! :welcome:

formerly...

#28 ledgedive

ledgedive

Getting started

• Pip
  • 31 posts
  • Cert Level:open
  • Logged Dives:225

Posted 11 January 2006 - 07:09 AM

can make a couple trips

Hey thanks for reminding me about the Tall Ships being in town...it will certainly be cool and YES I hope you do join us!!! We'd love to do small group water tours on your boat! :banghead:

Where will accomidations be ? i'll see if they have dock or parting for boat

#29 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:44 AM

Where will accomidations be ? i'll see if they have dock or parting for boat

We stay at the Fisherman's Inn and our DiveShop is just a block down the boat slips. If he does not have them all rented he certainly has boat slips right at the hotel! Billy Brewer is the owner! kamala

formerly...

#30 ScubaDiver-DJ

ScubaDiver-DJ

Getting started

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:34 PM

Hey!

I would like to go! I live VERY close to the area and I have a place at the beach also (uless they sell the land between now and then). I will have my own tanks, sleeping arrangement, food, etc.. Just need to get a price on the dives only please. Hook me up when you get the chance please!

David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users