• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: July 4th Fireworks on History...NC Wrecks

• Please log in to reply
326 replies to this topic

#46 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts
  • Board Status:Omnes Qui Errant Non Pereunt!
  • Cert Level:Rec: DM -- Tec: Ext Range
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

Norm

you are the pro photog that came to talk to the group at the end of september in morehead city. i was the young guy that was talking photo stuff with you at the seafood festival and at the hotel when you made the presenation (ring a bell?)

Kamala

Well i have to look at the paramedic schedule and see how it will work out but im hoping that i can and yes im over due as the first trip was blown out, so i will see what i can work out.

Tooth

A Novus Dies Has Adveho.... Occupo Dies

Where in the World is Tooth? ... Catch Me It You Can!

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#47 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:27 AM

Nope, different Norm here...

haven't YET been diving NC...

Norm
fat guy in a Bar, no fear of Beer...

Norm

you are the pro photog that came to talk to the group at the end of september in morehead city. i was the young guy that was talking photo stuff with you at the seafood festival and at the hotel when you made the presenation (ring a bell?)

Kamala

Well i have to look at the paramedic schedule and see how it will work out but im hoping that i can and yes im over due as the first trip was blown out, so i will see what i can work out.

Tooth

#48 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:35 PM

hey Kamala

what is norm's screen name for here?

Traveling the World, Diving, and Photography, on my days off from saving lives as a Paramedic

#49 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 27 January 2006 - 12:41 PM

hey Kamala

what is norm's screen name for here?

The Norm you want is Photographic Mercenary or something very similar to that...when you contact him, ask him if he'll join us on this trip! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#50 Scubatooth

Scubatooth

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,682 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:44 PM

ok i will hunt him down and see if i cant get him to come along.

if i come on this trip im gonna bring the camera rig with me as this will be a good opportunity to take a bunch of photos below and above especially with the tall ships being intown that weekend.

Tooth

#51 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

darnnit....! I WANNA GO!!! that is one of my buisiest weeks of the summer and i also have a fireworks cruise on the 4th. I havent been to any of the southern nc wrecks yet and i dont want to wait till the fall trip! anyone with a 100 ton masters want to run my boat so i can go?

#52 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 31 January 2006 - 10:39 AM

darnnit....! I WANNA GO!!! that is one of my buisiest weeks of the summer and i also have a fireworks cruise on the 4th. I havent been to any of the southern nc wrecks yet and i dont want to wait till the fall trip! anyone with a 100 ton masters want to run my boat so i can go?

I don't have one, but maybe if you begged some more. Should be some great diving.

Oh and I would second the motion to get BOTH Norms here as well. I ran into Photographic Mercenary last year and learned quite a bit from listening to him and our resident "old-time" cave diver should love this stuff.

It will be a definite change from my normal 45 degree stomping grounds in the Great Lakes.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#53 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:26 AM

Brian does this mean you are officially going with us??? Please say yes!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the new dive-mobile!!! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#54 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 09:35 AM

Brian does this mean you are officially going with us??? Please say yes!!! I'm looking forward to seeing the new dive-mobile!!! -ww

I do believe that this trip was one of the reasons for the new dive-mobile. I am going. Can we get another diver or two who wants to take doubles/deco bottles and spend some quality time on the wrecks?
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#55 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:03 AM

I am thinking it over. Honestly, after last year's trauma, I will be much more inclined to make the drive only if I can find someone to go with me.

If I do make the trip, I'll have doubles. But, they'll be double 27s for my rebreather. Does that count? :D
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#56 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:12 AM

I am thinking it over. Honestly, after last year's trauma, I will be much more inclined to make the drive only if I can find someone to go with me.

If I do make the trip, I'll have doubles. But, they'll be double 27s for my rebreather. Does that count? :)

A drive buddy is very important! Now is the time to start working on one! I'd even consider flying via Miami to drive down with you except that I have already booked tickets for this trip months ago as I fly out of Dallas and into Houston to do the FG trip!

We need to find one of your Miami buddies to drive down with you... :P

formerly...

#57 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 11:22 AM

If I do make the trip, I'll have doubles. But, they'll be double 27s for my rebreather. Does that count? :P

Those certainly do count. I dive with an instructor who uses a rebreather in Brockville, so I am familar with emergency bailouts if it comes that and you need a buddy. (He is a RB diver who can't find reliable buddies for tech work unless I come into town. He is still trying to leverage me into taking a RB course, LOL.)

I don't blame you on the drive. That is one reason that some of my regular dive buddies were breathing a sigh of relief when I was forced to replace the venerable Mustang and chose something far more practical for long trips.

#58 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:27 PM

Hey Howard!

why not Shanghi Matt H or mannydib into this...they would CERTAINLY provide Comic Relief!!

:P

Norm

If I do make the trip, I'll have doubles. But, they'll be double 27s for my rebreather. Does that count? :-D

A drive buddy is very important! Now is the time to start working on one! I'd even consider flying via Miami to drive down with you except that I have already booked tickets for this trip months ago as I fly out of Dallas and into Houston to do the FG trip!

We need to find one of your Miami buddies to drive down with you... :)

#59 ScubaDadMiami

ScubaDadMiami

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts
  • Cert Level:Course Director; CCR Instructor
  • Logged Dives:2000+

Posted 08 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

Hey Howard!

why not Shanghi Matt H or mannydib into this...they would CERTAINLY provide Comic Relief!!

:P

Norm

If I do make the trip, I'll have doubles. But, they'll be double 27s for my rebreather. Does that count? :-D

We need to find one of your Miami buddies to drive down with you... :)

Hmmm. Maybe Manny would be up for it. Let's see.
"The most important thing is not to stop questioning." Albert Einstein

"For the diligent diver, closed circuit rebreathers are actually safer than open circuit scuba." Tom Mount

#60 WreckGoddess

WreckGoddess

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 397 posts
  • Board Status:Studying for Exams (May 1-15th)
  • Cert Level:Master Diver / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 10 February 2006 - 09:28 AM

Kamala.. you know the deal.. I'll be there but still gotta do the family thing! But then again.. I've always made it work!
"If you gave me several million years, there would be nothing that did not grow in beauty if it were surrounded by water."
~JAN ERIK VOLD, What All The World Knows, 1970~

Check out the next NOVA/DC/MD Happy Hour/Or Local Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users