• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: Oct 6-8 NCSeafood Festival&Artifacts!

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#61 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 July 2006 - 06:48 PM

Since this would be my 1st NC dive/trip , what would a typical (2 tank dive)day be like? Does gear stay on board overnight or do we schlepp 6 times? :thankyou: S103

You do a partial schlepp as you call it each day...or you can leave gear locked below on the boat. Most take thier regs and computer with them leaving the rest. You will help with loading your own tanks but that is because this is the US so we have add'l legal obligations that impact us. This is so worth it you'll forget you carried anything anywhere!

Don't forget that you can also hire a private DM to be your buddy. No issues with navigation, (these are not DM led dives) no issues with dive buddies and no concerns about how long you take as a newer diver. And you'll learn a lot from your DM that its like having a private tutor! And very reasonable...only $25 per day.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#62 sparky103

sparky103

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:28 AM

Since this would be my 1st NC dive/trip , what would a typical (2 tank dive)day be like? Does gear stay on board overnight or do we schlepp 6 times? :fish: S103

You do a partial schlepp as you call it each day...or you can leave gear locked below on the boat. Most take thier regs and computer with them leaving the rest. You will help with loading your own tanks but that is because this is the US so we have add'l legal obligations that impact us. This is so worth it you'll forget you carried anything anywhere!

Don't forget that you can also hire a private DM to be your buddy. No issues with navigation, (these are not DM led dives) no issues with dive buddies and no concerns about how long you take as a newer diver. And you'll learn a lot from your DM that its like having a private tutor! And very reasonable...only $25 per day.

I'm looking @ airfare/schedules- how accurate is back to RDU by 3PM on travel day(return) that makes it a 4 hour trip from Moorehead to RDU :o Also can you give me price on drive-in w/extra day(s) and Nitrox 100's both fly/drive. Whew, I'm confused :P Maybe when I get a brain I'll make a decision! PS: Seeing the great & powerful Oz next week. :cheerleader: S103
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#63 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:47 AM

I'm looking @ airfare/schedules- how accurate is back to RDU by 3PM on travel day(return) that makes it a 4 hour trip from Moorehead to RDU :blush:

Please do not book flights earlier than 4:45pm. That is the easiest way to handle it. We allow 4 hours on the return so that we can stop and have lunch. Most people love to taste some authentic NC Southern Style BBQ...and of course food is good! The distance is 162 miles.

If you have a question on a flight just let me know. I will be able to tell you if we can make it or not if it is close.

Also can you give me price on drive-in w/extra day(s) and Nitrox 100's both fly/drive.

I am happy to do drive in quotes for those in the local area. Please send me how many nights you plan to stay...3 or 4. (The fly in pkg assumes 4 nights due to flying.) Please tell me if you are bringing your own tanks or renting? I need to know if you want 80's or 100's (100's highly recommended) and it you are diving air or nitrox. And do you need any equipment? Once I have this info I can send you a price. Either pm me to wreckwench or email me to kamala@singledivers.com

Whew, I'm confused :D Maybe when I get a brain I'll make a decision! PS: Seeing the great & powerful Oz next week. :unsure: S103

No worries...I'm always confused these days too! I hope you can join us! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 04 August 2006 - 08:01 AM

Based on a previous post I am a bit confused on who you will be using. I am thinking it is Capt. Al's boat is that correct?

I actually might be interested, but I could only do Saturday with a hotel for Friday night leaving right after the dive on Saturday (No BBQ). Would this be possible and if so what is the price?

Hi Linda! It would be great to have you join us! Capt Al, Amy & Wade will be our Capt's..and I've dove with these guys for years so we are in great hands!

The boat is chartered for the full weekend for all 3 days for all 18 spots. So here is how it works. If we can find someone who wants to dive Friday and Sunday then I can sell you the spot on Saturday. Or if for some reason I am short a spot at the end I can also do a partial booking. Usually Seafood Festival is a sold out weekend so spots should fill out but I've had a spot or two before so keep your eye out. The BBQ is actually on Friday so no worries attending it. And I usually have more people attending it than divers as it has become quite the popular hit in Morehead City! :unsure:

formerly...

#65 bluedolphin

bluedolphin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
  • Board Status:Private
  • Cert Level:Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:296

Posted 04 August 2006 - 09:33 AM

[quote name='WreckWench' date='Aug 4 2006, 10:01 AM' post='151059']
[quote name='bluedolphin' post='148299' date='Jul 18 2006, 07:34 AM']

The boat is chartered for the full weekend for all 3 days for all 18 spots. So here is how it works. If we can find someone who wants to dive Friday and Sunday then I can sell you the spot on Saturday. Or if for some reason I am short a spot at the end I can also do a partial booking. Usually Seafood Festival is a sold out weekend so spots should fill out but I've had a spot or two before so keep your eye out. The BBQ is actually on Friday so no worries attending it. And I usually have more people attending it than divers as it has become quite the popular hit in Morehead City! :P
[/quote]

Okay let me know as it gets closer.

Also I am booked to go out with them and give the a try on the 19th (weather permitting). They have named the boat Mutiny.
Happy Diving
Linda
Posted Image

#66 sparky103

sparky103

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:180

Posted 05 August 2006 - 07:28 AM

Hey there WW :lmao: What is a NC day like?---What time do we leave dock,start 1st :cool2: ,start 2nd :cool1: ,arrive back @ dock; is breakfast on boat or in hotel; if I take a referral dive like wreck or deep, will it affect where we go (don't want everyone to be mad @ me :welcome: )What agency are the instructors with, PADI/NAUI ? This only affects me if it's my last referral as I've been told "the last instructor to sign-off paperwork, gets the dubious honour of sending in said papers"!! :lmao: Ok so tell me everything miss"I dove NC for 8 years" (NO-- I'm not jealous, damnit) :lmao: S103
There's a fine line between stubborn and stupid. Pete Dexter

There's hope,  just not for us. Franz Kafka

When one man, for whatever reason, has the opportunity to lead an extraordinary life, he has no right to keep it to himself. jacques-yves cousteau

I rise every morning torn between the desire to save the world, or to savor the world. E B White

In three words I can sum up life: It goes on. Robert Frost

#67 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 05 August 2006 - 03:06 PM

Payment Update:

1. Tim got your check...you are ON!!! :welcome: (are you diving air or nitrox?)

formerly...

#68 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:30 PM

Ok, it's official - finGrabber will be sending in that ol' check so put me down for rental Nitrox 100's

I also need information about taking a deep cert while there

#69 BubbleBoy

BubbleBoy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW + Deep, Wreck, Drysuit, Navigation, Night, Rescue, Nitrox Specialties
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:49 PM

Kamala,

I'm going. I got my flights booked to RDU and you got my check.

Just a reminder, single Nitrox 100 tank for all dives.

Quick question, will there be a nitrox tester on the boat?
BB

When you make fish laugh, they can't bite you.

#70 WRW

WRW

Getting started

• Pip
  • 28 posts
  • Cert Level:Advanced Open Water with NITROX
  • Logged Dives:121

Posted 13 August 2006 - 03:50 PM

Dear, WreckWench: this is a new Single Diver member brought to you by Kim (FinGrabber). I just want to let you know that I handed a check (payment in full) to Kim to cover my expenses for the Oct 6-8 NCSeafood Festival and Artifacts trip. I'm really looking forward to the NC trip to dive in History and see some huge sharks. Thank you so much for getting this dive trip together for us Single Divers. I like to dive with Single Divers, I like to dive with Single Divers a lot.
\m/ "Ain't no, ain't no yesterdays, forget tomorrow, forget it all, We've got today" \m/ - Zakk Wylde

#71 netmage

netmage

• PipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts
  • Cert Level:Tech & Cave
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 14 August 2006 - 06:38 AM

Payment Update:

1. Tim got your check...you are ON!!! :) (are you diving air or nitrox?)

Kamala - I'm bringing my own tanks... will get gas as needed....
Bubbleboy - I'll have my analyzer as well...
"I aim to misbehave...."

#72 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:33 AM

Kamala,

I'm going. I got my flights booked to RDU and you got my check.

Just a reminder, single Nitrox 100 tank for all dives.

Quick question, will there be a nitrox tester on the boat?

Hey BB...great news! I'll get you posted on the list!

The shop has an analyzer and you can not get your tanks until you analyze them.

formerly...

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:42 AM

Dear, WreckWench: this is a new Single Diver member brought to you by Kim (FinGrabber). I just want to let you know that I handed a check (payment in full) to Kim to cover my expenses for the Oct 6-8 NCSeafood Festival and Artifacts trip. I'm really looking forward to the NC trip to dive in History and see some huge sharks. Thank you so much for getting this dive trip together for us Single Divers. I like to dive with Single Divers, I like to dive with Single Divers a lot.

Love your quote...and WELCOME!!! We are thrilled you've joined SD and that you are diving MY FAVORITE DIVING DESTINATION IN THE WORLD...NC Wreck and Sharkdiving!!!

And Kim said she got your check... :P

You know what they say about handing money over to women don't you?

(They get good at it!) :lmao:

formerly...

#74 barracudababe

barracudababe

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 August 2006 - 10:52 AM

Hi WW,

Please put me on the interested in going list. I am just working things out for getting work off. I should know by the end of the week. I have been to NC several times, but never for diving. This looks like it will be amazing.

#75 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:02 AM

Hi WW,

Please put me on the interested in going list. I am just working things out for getting work off. I should know by the end of the week. I have been to NC several times, but never for diving. This looks like it will be amazing.

Excellent!

I've added you to the 'interested' list

I hope you can make this trip! :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users