• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Clear Springs on the 30th?

• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#16 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:13 PM

:hiya:

ZD's coming too! It will be great to see you again

#17 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 25 October 2005 - 02:52 PM

And you as well my dear....looking forward to seeing old friends again and making some new ones.

Damn Kim, sorry to hear about the root canal. That is going to be tough being that close to water with everyone diving and NOT be able to dive...(frustrations set in) :teeth:

See ya'll Sunday.
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#18 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 25 October 2005 - 10:50 PM

Well Deb, seeing as how I am about 3 weeks out from my competition, hot dogs and burgers are NOT on my diet profile. :cool1:

I will bring my food with me as I have to eat every 2 hours...fish, brwn rice, and brocolli. See how much I love you guys....eating those meals are bad enough when eating them while they are hot....imagine eating that stuff cold....YUCK!

ZD, I'm just a little confused. What competition?

I am really looking forward to the opportunity to meet you.

I'm sure we can find a way to warm your meals for you so that you don't have to eat them cold. While I'll be partaking in the hot dogs, your meal of fish, brown rice and broccoli would suit me just fine. Not sure how you're cooking the fish, but grilled with a tad of worcestershire and a little lemon juice on top adds a whole new dimension and not many calories.

It's my intent to be there Saturday evening for the Halloween night dive and camp over for Sunday. Unfortunately, with the kidney stone situation I can't make any guarantees.

Twinklez

#19 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:07 PM

Twinklez, I am a competitive bodybuilder and I am preparing for the John Sherman National Qualifier which will be held Nov 12th at the Cullen Audotorium on the campus of the University of Houston. I am in the last phase of my diet trying to get to 5% BF. As of this past Saturday, I was at 9%, so my diet changed to:
2 meals of: 12 egg whites and 2oz's of Cream of Rice
4 meals of: 9oz of fish, 1 cup of brown rice, and 1 cup of brocolli
1 meal of: 100gram protein shake

I can't wait for this to be over...all I do is dream of steak. :lmao:

Looking forward to meeting you Sunday
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#20 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 26 October 2005 - 03:16 PM

Wow, that's one heck of a diet you got going Zendiver.. :lmao:

#21 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 04:05 PM

Deb....thanks, but it wasn't my design. :lmao: It was my nutrionist that is MAKING me eat this crap. lol

#22 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 26 October 2005 - 09:18 PM

Only a few weeks to go. You can do it!

Don't know about you, but diving always seems to help me drop weight almost immediately. Of course if I'm not in the water often it comes right back. When I was taking OW I was in the pool 2-3 times a week and lost several inches not pounds. That was definately a good thing.

We'll see you Sunday, and see if we can't get something going so you can at least have hot food. :-)

Twinklez

#23 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:46 AM

Thanks for the encouragement Twinklez...I am doing my best and giving it everything I got.

Also thanks for the thoughts about the food. Only 2 and half weeks left...

<heads off to get driving directions to Terrell>

#24 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 08:55 AM

Well here's is the latest update on temps for Clear Springs..

Surface Temp: 85º
Thermocline at 25'
Visibility: 15' to 20'

As for directions....

From Dallas: Take Hwy. 80 East to Terrell exit. Once you exit, you will proceed 7 miles passing through the downtown area of Terrell and turn left at the Exxon (429 North). Travel 7 miles to Cedar Grove Road (Cty Rd 346) and tur4n right. Go 1 mile and the gate entrance is on our left. Be sure to look for the Dive Flag sign.

or you can call the park directly 972-524-6820 for other directions.. above is all they show on the site.

#25 zendiver

zendiver

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 09:05 AM

For us Houstonians:

Take I-45 North - 201.6 miles
Merge onto I-20 E via EXIT 276B toward SHREVERPORT - 27.3 miles
Take the TX-34 exit- EXIT 501- toward TERRELL / KAUFMAN - 2.5 miles
Turn RIGHT onto W MOORE AVE/US-80 E. - 1.3 miles
Turn LEFT onto FM 429. “Exxon On Corner” - 7.1 miles
Turn RIGHT onto CR-346/CEDAR GROVE RD. - 0.9 miles
Arrive at Clear Springs Scuba Park On Left (Look for the dive flag sign)
Enter in gate and stop at Check-in

See you all Sunday!

Edited by zendiver, 27 October 2005 - 09:06 AM.

#26 sniperdiver

sniperdiver

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:150+

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

I would love to join Ya'll but the "Arlington" Cowboys are playing at home so I have to work the game.

Stay Safe and Warm!!
Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet!

#27 dennis mccarty

dennis mccarty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:aow,rescue,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:9

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:42 AM

Yes you were correct about the rumor... some of us are planning on going out to Clear Springs on the 30th for the day... anyone who wants to come is welcome to join us...

It's not an official SD thing, just a bunch of friends getting together, getting wet and having fun. Please bring a dish of your choice to share and I believe were going to grill some burgers and Hot Dogs as well..

I'll post more information tomorrow after I get a reserved area for us and the park costs...

Hope to see you there..

Im going to carve pumpkins at twin lakes on sunday. Just joined sd, did not know of this get to gether. But Ill be making it in the future.
dennis :teeth:
I really was heading north, I just went the long way around.

#28 dennis mccarty

dennis mccarty

Getting started

• Pip
  • 47 posts
  • Cert Level:aow,rescue,nitrox
  • Logged Dives:9

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:53 AM

Well Deb, seeing as how I am about 3 weeks out from my competition, hot dogs and burgers are NOT on my diet profile. :teeth:

I will bring my food with me as I have to eat every 2 hours...fish, brwn rice, and brocolli. See how much I love you guys....eating those meals are bad enough when eating them while they are hot....imagine eating that stuff cold....YUCK!

Ill be eating the same next year, got hurt on the ice in wyo in dec and knocked me out of the gym for 6 months. About 90% back but 20 pounds up.
Getting it off now at Lifetime fitness in Katy. Ive been in 3 comp in the masters class. Diet down , paint up and pam down. One more time.Lol. I will be at the Sherman , have lots of friends competing. Ill be there on stage next year. Good luck
dennis
I really was heading north, I just went the long way around.

#29 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 08:56 AM

Bummer you can't make it.. yet it was pretty much a last minute idea. Just keep an eye out on the board though and I'm sure you'll catch plenty more outtings when things start warming up.. or you can always jump on a fun trip.

#30 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 03:30 PM

Weather update for Sunday :teeth: :

Mostly Sunny
77°/59°

Also, before you turn in on Saturday night don't forget to change your clocks back an hour..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users