• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

CREATURE FEATURE II - Horror Movie Trivia

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 26 October 2005 - 10:59 PM

And we have annasea on the board with Anaconda!!! Good one and I believe Jon Voight was in it too! Aaack!

Stay tuned....
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#17 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:14 PM

CREATURE FEATURE 8

Name this "Creature Feature":

At a Mexican beach resort, beach patrolman Ben finds a shark tooth. Pictures of the tooth draw a scientist named Cat down to investigate. Ben and Cat try to protect swimmers and sailors, and capture or kill the shark. Cat knows what the shark is, but won't share her discovery at first because of the scientific implications...

No real noteable quotes from the movie, but a descriptive one from a reviewer....:D

"The actors meagerly portray the lustful romance of Cataline and Ben. If true love is played by a master violinist, then these two are a five-year-old honking on a kazoo."
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#18 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:20 PM

Shark Attack III: Mega-(Must-We-Make-Yet-Another-One-of-These)-ladon
Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#19 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 26 October 2005 - 11:59 PM

How do you people know all of these BAD horror movies?!?!?! :D :o

#20 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:09 AM

How do you people know all of these BAD horror movies?!?!?! :D  :o

ok, I'll rent a dry suit for the diving. We'll rent some cheesy horror film, pop some popcorn, invite annasea over and between you, me, her and your boyfriend messing with the movie - You will discover the hidden fun in b-movies.
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#21 TraceMalin

TraceMalin

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
  • Cert Level:Junior Jedi Knight
  • Logged Dives:6000+ (combined scuba & extended range freedives)

Posted 27 October 2005 - 05:18 AM

How do you people know all of these BAD horror movies?!?!?! :D  :o

ok, I'll rent a dry suit for the diving. We'll rent some cheesy horror film, pop some popcorn, invite annasea over and between you, me, her and your boyfriend messing with the movie - You will discover the hidden fun in b-movies.

(On screen)

Female lead character: I recognize that tooth! It's from a species of killer shark thought to be extinct for over 200 million years!

Male lead character: 200 million years? How can it still be around? More importantly... how are we going to stop it?

(Off screen)

Hawk: You're going to need a bigger boat!

Anna: And, better acting!

Edited by TraceMalin, 27 October 2005 - 05:19 AM.

Trace Malinowski
Technical Training Director
PDIC International

#22 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver

Posted 27 October 2005 - 06:42 AM

ROTFLMAO... :o
Gawd, and I thought I was the only B-rated movie watcher...
Kewl..

The sad part is that I've probably seen most of them, but can't remember the titles..

That's the beauty of the B-Movies... They're so bad, you forget them in 3 days and are able to enjoy them Time N' Time again..

Where as a movie like Alien, I can still remember it all, so don't watch it...

Go figure..
Sci-Fi channel aficionado :D
fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:04 PM

Hi everyone, my name is dive_girl and I am a B-movie Horror flick/sci-fi watch-aholic....see fbp? You've got company!!

Hawk, what? Am I not invited the great northwest crappy film fest!!!?? Man, where's the luv? Until they get more on me, I think I can still cross the border!

Yes, it is Shark Attack III - Megalodon!!! And the movie was atrocious AND I forgot that I watched it before AND so I have seen it twice!! :teeth: I schedule lots of crappy film flick nights - rules? Must be crappy horror, sci-fi, or scuba/water related movie!! If it has a shark on the cover - it's a winner!

CREATURE FEATURE 9

Name this "Creature Feature" (aka Hey that "detective" biologist looks familiar!!):

Fishing and jobs are becoming scarce in a small New England seaport community when tragedy strikes and an empty boat lies at the shore with divers missing. Biologist Dr. Talley thinks he knows the solution of the mystery and it lies deep below…the hunt is on.

*Hint and bonus if you get the connection*

"Who are you? Who, who - who who?"

#24 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:19 PM

The Beast. "here squid squid squid"

Of course you're invited DG - I just forgot how close you were to Vancouver - Forgive me? :teeth:

Here's an old campy horror b-movie

CREATURE FEATURE 10

Hank and his girl have an argument, which results in Hank getting into a fight with a motorcycle gang. They break up over this incident As she walks toward the beach to reflect on her new freedom, she is murdered by several sea monsters.
The monsters have been created by the careless dumping of radioactive waste into a nearby harbor. The monsters go on to kill twenty girls at a slumber party, and it's up to Hank, a young scientist, and Dr. Gavin, Elaine's father, to destroy the monsters.

Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
WHO DAT!!!!

#25 cmt489

cmt489

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 27 October 2005 - 12:40 PM

Man, I am going to have to buy more air mattresses! :teeth:

#26 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:07 PM

I looked up the movie - to provide some more hints - It was made in 1963

Dr. Gavin's maid Eulabelle (portrayed by Eulabelle Moore) stumbles upon a way to kill the sea monsters by pouring sodium on them

Here's a screen shot that should provide a big hint. (they're dancing to the Del-Airs)
Posted Image
WHO DAT!!!!

#27 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:17 PM

The Horror of Party Beach That's some old horror history there!

CREATURE FEATURE 11

Name this "Creature Feature" (aka um you might not want to drink that Vodka!)

Underwater deep-sea miners encounter a Soviet wreck and bring back a dangerous cargo to their base on the ocean floor with horrifying results. In a story owing a lot to Alien and The Thing, the crew of the mining base must fight to survive against a genetic mutation that hunts them down one by one.

"Diver lingo" quotes to boot:

"You know, I stood next to a guy who blew up his suit once. I'll tell you, that was not a pretty sight. One tiny little hole in a toe of his suit, man. No bigger than your finger. Yeah, the way the ocean came in, the pressure just crammed his whole body up into his helmet. We just buried his helmet. That would have been you, dude."

"Hey, I know about implosions."

"Yeah, I bet you do. I bet you were imploding in your pants."

:teeth:

#28 casematic

casematic

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Cert Level:master
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:28 PM

rats..... this was on late night a couple of weeks ago.... and I can't remember the name of it ... but I remember the corny monster at the very end...

was it 'deep star six' or something like that?

#29 TonyL

TonyL

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:100

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:30 PM

Leviathan?

#30 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 04:31 PM

rats..... this was on late night a couple of weeks ago.... and I can't remember the name of it ... but I remember the corny monster at the very end... 

was it 'deep star six' or something like that?

clooooooseeee...it was a precursor movie setting the popular genre up for movies like Deep Star 6!

Don't ask why I know these things - I'll just lie to protect my "coolness".... :teeth:

And Tony gets it with Leviathan!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users