• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

I'm looking forward to meeting you............

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 01 March 2004 - 10:21 PM

I'm one of the administrators of this board. It's been a team effort getting it together and I have enjoyed the experience.

I'm divorced with 2 children. My son is 23 and is a diver. My daughter is 17 and is a non diver. Both are fluent in English and Russian.

I was originally certified as a YMCA open water diver. Later, I completed YMCA Advanced and SLAM training. At that point I decided I wanted to increase my knowledge of various areas of diving. I became a working Divemaster on a charter dive boat in the Florida Keys. I learned more about diving in that capacity than in anything else I've ever done. Practical, real life situations are great teachers. The background my SLAM (Scuba Lifesaving and Accident Management) course gave me was very useful, but there are better methods to use in real life than what is usually taught in class and pool. While serving as first mate and Divemaster, I acquired my assistant instructor certification and later became a Silver Star instructor for the YMCA SCUBA program. I then passed the US Coast Guard exam to become a licensed captain taking passengers for hire.

I was trained by Scubapro to service and repair their regulators during this time.

During this time period I concentrated on continuing my study of various aspects of diving. I became certified to teach several YMCA specialties including SLAM, Coral Reef Ecology, Wreck and a few others. I later upgraded to Gold Star Instructor and Institute Director. Institute Directors are now called Instructor Trainers. I am no longer curent as an Instructor Trainer. Much more recently, I added nitrox to the courses I'm qualified to teach.

I continued to teach all levels of SCUBA from open water to instructor and specialty classes while working on the dive boat, sometimes as Captain, other times as mate and Divemaster. I prefer working as Divemaster to Captain.

I have never mastered underwater photography, but have wasted many good rolls of film. I have recently gotten back into spearfishing. I especially like deep diving and wrecks.

My experience includes diving in the Bahamas, Caribbean, Sea of Cortez, along the US Atlantic coast, the Florida Gulf coast, various lakes, streams and springs, the Great Lakes, Southern California and the Soviet Union.

I allowed my captains license to lapse in 1992 when I left my position in the Keys.

If you're looking for a buddy in Florida, let me know, I love to dive. I hope to dive with many of you soon. While I don't dive as often as I did when I worked on the dive boat, I still manage to get in over 100 dives each year. Time to pick up the pace.............

Walter
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,585 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 04 March 2004 - 10:06 PM

Heck the only thing Walter left off was that he is an awesome trip leader and one of the most fun too!!! If you are on a SingleDivers.com trip with Walter...you are GOING to have fun! 'Nuff said!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 zendiver

zendiver

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts
  • Cert Level:AI
  • Logged Dives:1011

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:40 PM

:D Walter....glad that you are a HUGE part of this team. I am so glad to meet you and really looking forward to working with you more. You have been a GREAT help. :twist:

-Zendiver
[color=blue]Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body;
But rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming--"WOW--What a ride!"

#4 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 01:47 PM

Zendiver,

Let's go get wet! I'm drying out.

DSSW,

WWW™

#5 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 13 March 2004 - 08:08 PM

Walter you are the Man for sure!
I hope to dive with you someday soon. I could use to be around somebody with alot experiance under there weight belt. I wonder what it is like diving in Russia ? is it ice diving or just kinda cold!!! Burr water. in my short time being a diver i feel i have been lucky to be around some Great Divers. I remember my first dive instructor and he told me that if something happens underwater just stay calm. that advice has already saved my life once. Mike
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#6 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts

Posted 13 March 2004 - 10:42 PM

Mike, when you're ready to dive again, you're welcome to hook up with me on some pick up dives or dive with me on one of our upcoming Singles Trips.

Diving in Russia was not all that cold. Of course, I did dive in late summer on the far southeastern point almost in North Korea. As we all know, eastern shore of continents are warmer. Water temps were in the low 60's.

Staying calm and keeping your breathing slow and deep are the most important things to do in an emergency. They break the panic cycle.

DSSW,

WWW™

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users