• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: The singles WARM Northern Trip Sept 3-7

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 12 May 2004 - 02:56 PM

Ok so here is what we have! (Brian did an awesome job getting some wonderful help from DivingGal and others to make this all work out!)

People going so far: Only 10 spots available!

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench 4 nites
2. Brian aka DiverBrian ? nites
3. Diving Gal 3 nites
4. Diverlady 3 nites
5. Heather 3 nites
6. Dandy Don 4 nites
7. Adam aka CanuckDiver 3 nites
8. Ron aka buddyless married guy
9. Carrie aka buddyless married gal
10. Bosshoss

Brockville Getting Wrecked Weekend

For the low price of $425.00 USD, you will receive the warm camaraderie of the SD.com divers who attend for all of the Labor Day weekend starting on Friday September 3 (travel day) through Tuesday, September 7 (travel day) diving 3 days...Saturday, Sunday and Monday, (to cover the divers included in the twenty-four hr. no-fly safety rule), if you fly in. If you only need rooms through Sunday night, you pay $400 USD assuming you and your roommate both check out early.

Discounts:

$50 SingleDiver.com membership discount.
Price INCLUDES a cash discount. (Paypal payments will be assessed a 3% processing fee for each payment made via PayPal.)

As if this weren’t enough, you receive the following:

Included:

Three (3) days of 2 tank boat diving on lovely freshwater wrecks with Bottom Time Charters. One day will be on the US side of the border on US wrecks, so please bring your identification to keep customs and immigration happy. The other two days will be on Canadian Wrecks! The boat will be leaving at 1:30 pm daily so you can rest all you want if our Happy Hours get a little too happy the night before (We are on vacation after all!).

Four night’s of fun lodging at the Seaway Lodge or only 3 if you are driving and wish to leave after our last day of diving. This is complete with places to hang wet wetsuits and BBQ grills. Rooms include a refrigerator in which to hold those favorite beverages and a microwave for the snack attacks. This is also a mere 15 minutes from the docks.

The traditional SingleDivers.com BBQ Saturday night after our dives with all kinds of treats for all appetites. Bring your appetite and maybe a hand or two to help with the grilling and be prepared to have a ball!

Not Included:

Please provide (in addition to your sense of humor and adventure) the following items or in other words, the following items are NOT included in the cost of the trip:

1. Rental tanks and fills (Pricing to be posted soon!)
2. Local Transportation (including to and from the boat docks and the airport)
3. Weights (although many of the driving divers that help with classes probably carry enough between them to weight down the Queen Mary if asked)

NOTE: Fly in divers should be able to ride with various SDer's or rent a car if they so desire.

If you fly into Toronto you're looking at close to a four hour drive.

If you fly into Montreal it's about a three hour drive.

If you fly into Ottawa it's about a one and half hour drive.

Optional:

1. Also, if you wish to do a twilight dive on Friday night and pub dinner that will be extra as well. (Pricing will be posted for this soon!)

2. We are currently working on a single room upgrade but as of now all pricing is based upon double occupancy. Single Upgrade will be $25 per night.

Ok for booking of the trip....

1. I will be posting this trip in the Aqutrix booking system that I use for reservations. If you have not registered for a trip via aquatrix before you can go to the main page of the website Homepage SingleDivers.com and click on "Upcoming Trips". Then click on the calendar at the bottom of the page and it will take you to a trip listing of all SD trips. Click on the Brockville Wreck Trip and you'll see a picture of a boat. In the upper right corner you'll see a box to click that says 'Reserve Now'. Click on that and you'll see the opportunity to enter your password or register as a new member. Please register if you have not done so already. PLEASE have your c-card handy when you do as the system will ask you for your c-card. Please enter complete c-card info and emergency contact info as I will use this info for the trip and the system will print out our dive waivers filled out IF I can get a copy of the dive operators wavier and download it into the system in advance. After you do this it will finish your reservation for the trip and you'll show up on the boat. I will assume everyone is doing the 4 nite package vs. the 3 night package since we will be getting back late in the afternoon to early evening. IF you are diving the 3 night package just let me know and we'll manually adjust your trip pricing and keep tabs on the thread.

2. Please let me know if you are going via the thread so we can keep a count there as well Aquatrix.

3. Please send your paypal payment plus 3% to kamala@singledivers.com since prices show a cash discount or drop a check in the mail to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste #200
Dallas, TX 75220

We have committed to the entire boat of 10 so I pray we fill it out as we'll need every spot filled! Thanks gang!!! I'll start the list of who's going on the first of the thead!

Other:

The boat only carries 10 divers so we are limiting the trip to the first 10 divers to sign up! Don't delay...the spots should go fast.

We will be moving this thread to the official SingleDivers.com Trips section and putting it on the calendar!

Payments will be needed very soon as the dive operator requires 50% down at time of booking. I have not put this money down yet but will need to do it tomorrow.

See you all there! I'm planning to be there with bells and whistles!!! And blue lips if I don't get my drysuit in time! LOL!!!

-kamala aka wreck wench
-brian aka diverbrian
-adam aka canuckdiver

I wasn't sure where to post this.....

What about a gathering for us "more northern" singles, maybe somewhere around the great lakes??

just an idea....

Edited by WreckWench, 28 February 2005 - 09:34 AM.

"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:06 PM

I think that is an awesome idea. If we can get say DiverLady and/or Brian to organize it we can make it an official SD.com event otherwise we can do it as an unofficial event but still super fun none-the-less!

Let's see how many people express interest in doing it!! Great idea!!! ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 Laura

Laura

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts
  • Board Status:Not on vacation (damn!)
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:You mean I have to log them, too?

Posted 12 May 2004 - 03:20 PM

AWESOME IDEA....count me in! :twist:

One suggestion, can we make somewhere/sometime that we can dive with wetsuits? Not all of us Nothern divers are dry-suiters (not yet anyway)

Laura
WWZD - What Would ZENA Do ??

#4 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:37 PM

count me in....im sure i could make anyone of the 11,000 lakes in michigan
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#5 NormsKid

NormsKid

Getting started

• Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Cert Level:OW

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:42 PM

:cool2:

I'd certainly be interested. I'm in Chicago so I can get most places pretty easily via car or plane. If by some chance Chicago is chosen as the location, I'd be willing to help coordinate things. I'm pretty good with grunt work......

Michelle

#6 DivingGal

DivingGal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:33 AM

errr it depends Honest!

Interested, yes. Just depends when. I've got so much planned this year already, and a major vaction to someplace warm (I'm told I'm getting two weeks :teeth: ) to budget for.

Plan away DL & DB... shall try my best to be there.

(Oh -- good to know I'll see DB in Kingston this year hehehe)
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#7 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 13 May 2004 - 04:58 AM

I've already PM'ed Kamala. Let's see what can be arranged.

I would like an idea of location and how far people would be willing to travel. I may have to bump another non-SD out of the way to do this, but depending on the dive that may not be an issue. I have a couple of repeat destinations anyways.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#8 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 13 May 2004 - 06:51 AM

I believe tpits1 is already working on something for the St. Lawrence River (Brockville) for July. 70F waters so a wetsuit will be fine.

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#9 MNJoe

MNJoe

"Charlie"

• Premier Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,074 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:450

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:09 AM

I AM DEFINITELY INTERESTED IN THIS. :fish:

Joe

"just your average Joe from Minnesota, also known as Keith"

#10 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 10:56 AM

I would definitely be toasty then. I had better find some light undies for my drysuit if somebody is looking at seventy degree water.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:25 AM

Hey gang...I just moved this thead to the SD Events and Functions forum. I think its really cool you all are planning something. Depending on dates..I may be able to join you as well!! That would be awesome!!!

Just got the pm from Brian so I'll try to reply to that today! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#12 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 13 May 2004 - 07:25 PM

Hey gang...I just moved this thead to the SD Events and Functions forum.  I think its really cool you all are planning something. Depending on dates..I may be able to join you as well!!  That would be awesome!!! 

Just got the pm from Brian so I'll try to reply to that today! -ww

As I informed Kamala, I will be diving Saturday and Sunday and spend tomorrow travelling to the dive site. I think that it would be great to start to work on options early next week.

What do we all need? Brainstorming...

1) Where is the most convienent for all of us? I am thinking near the Canada border at Port Huron or Detroit to make it easier on those from the Western side of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Chicago and still not be TOO bad for the Canadians among us.

2) What kind of diving do we wish to do? Those that know me already know MY answer.

3) What kind of diving are we all comfortable with?

In short, what do you expect out of this kind of outing?

Let the conversation commence.

Edited by Diverbrian, 13 May 2004 - 07:34 PM.

#13 DivingGal

DivingGal

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:47 AM

1) Where is the most convienent for all of us? I am thinking near the Canada border at Port Huron or Detroit to make it easier on those from the Western side of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Chicago and still not be TOO bad for the Canadians among us.

Have car will travel... but prefer not to have to drive more than 10hrs. Adding that much time means taking extra time off just to get there -- yes I know I will likely have to take extra days to travel, but I'd rather not needing extra time to 'relax' from the driving to feel safe diving.

2) What kind of diving do we wish to do? Those that know me already know MY answer.

Get in the water, dive, dive, dive. Wrecks (well duh other than the pretty "green fish" and "brown fish" not much else to see up here :teeth:)

3) What kind of diving are we all comfortable with?

What ever.... prefer to stick to above 120 -- just to enjoy the visit to the wreck, without having to have a long deco.
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#14 Diverlady

Diverlady

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW w/ specialties & drysuit user
  • Logged Dives:175 - as of Sep 18, 2004

Posted 14 May 2004 - 05:39 AM

I don't know what the water temps will be like there so don't leave out your heavier drysuit undies,DB, just in case!!

I'm not familiar with any dive ops or dive sites in the Windsor/Detroit area.

Diverlady
FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION!! It comes bundled with the software.

What do you mean "it doesn't come in PINK"?!?!

#15 maxdvr

maxdvr

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 14 May 2004 - 07:50 AM

anybody consider diving erie....almost all the dives would be under deco limits...(not extremely deep) and the are numerous wreck in the kelly ilsand area...great lil towns and islands to visit...all accessable by car ferry...both u.s. and canadian ports....very close to cedar point if anyone is interested....great family fun for those divers with families...http://www.lakeeriewreckdivers.com/....pretty centrally located ...i will help set it up if needed....not my side of the state...but know the area pretty well....if ur interested in the west side....i sure i can get access to at least 2 maybe 3 dive boats...but u gotta dress warm over here....ave. temp in the summer is 60....

brian?......any help i can be...let me know....
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users