• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2004: The singles WARM Northern Trip Sept 3-7

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#31 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Cert Level:SSI DiveCon/IANTD Normoxic Trimix.....
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 17 May 2004 - 11:47 AM

Thanks all! This is the kind of dialog that I am looking for. Let's keep going with it and we should be pretty well set for a place pretty soon. I appreciate the PM's coming in as well.
A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#32 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:07 PM

There is quite a few places along the north shore of lake erie that have some nice dive spots, like long point and/or port dover.

that would be pretty central, would it not?
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#33 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:39 PM

Hope you'll excuse some ideas from The Lone Star State here... :cool2:

I've looked into diving near Cornwall Ontario on the St. Lawrence Seaway over Labor Day - with an operator BluBlood and I met when we were in Key Largo. They have some very interesting sites - wrecks, old Powerhouse & entire towns drowned when the river was raised, and the prices are inexpensive for car, hotel, dive trips, etc. I have pm'd all the details to WW and DiverLady so that they can consider it for the 'Northern' trip you all are discussing.

Has anyone else dove here?

thanks, Dandy Don
:teeth:
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#34 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 17 May 2004 - 12:50 PM

I have pm'd all the details to WW and DiverLady so that they can consider it for the 'Northern' trip you all are discussing.

I've forwarded them to DiverBrian as he is helping to spearhead this with me! Thank you for the suggestion.

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#35 canuckdiver

canuckdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Cert Level:Decompression procedures
  • Logged Dives:>120

Posted 17 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

Hope you'll excuse some ideas from The Lone Star State here... :cool2:

I've looked into diving near Cornwall Ontario on the St. Lawrence Seaway over Labor Day - with an operator BluBlood and I met when we were in Key Largo. They have some very interesting sites - wrecks, old Powerhouse & entire towns drowned when the river was raised, and the prices are inexpensive for car, hotel, dive trips, etc. I have pm'd all the details to WW and DiverLady so that they can consider it for the 'Northern' trip you all are discussing.

thanks, Dandy Don
:teeth:

I dive that area fairly regularly, lots of GREAT dive sites, and lots of nice areas for picnics, and parties and so on if we want to set it up that way.

we could take over a portion of a campground somewhere, and make it a heck of a weekend!
"what works, works" - shek exley

"the WW Approved 'Unofficial' guardian angel"

#36 DivingGal

DivingGal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 17 May 2004 - 03:29 PM

Hope you'll excuse some ideas from The Lone Star State here... :teeth:

thanks, Dandy Don
:wub:

Yuppers.. been there done that (but then you knew that :hiya:)

As for Tobermory... heading that way begining of June, can pick up more info then. See who's got what available prices etc first hand.
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#37 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:26 AM

After asking around (via PM), it looks like our first regional SD.com trip for the Northern folks will be in Brockville. I am thinking August/Sept. time frame as that will better accomodate the wetsuit divers among us and to give this a better chance to properly planned, I would lean towards September. This all written in soft sand yet (vice carved in stone), but it gives us a direction to start in.

We need to know when people are available so that we can narrow down the dates better and we do not wish this to conflict with any of the other great warm water trips that WreckWench has planned for us.

Let the planning continue.

(BTW, when we do get a date set, I would be willing to split gasoline expenses and driving time if somebody had a large vehicle that they would be willing to take out there. That would make this a very doable road trip if we could do that!)

Edited by Diverbrian, 18 May 2004 - 11:34 AM.

A person should be judged in this life not by the mistakes that they make nor by the number of them. Rather they are to be judged by their recovery from them.

#38 DivingGal

DivingGal

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Cert Level:Divemaster.... love looking at critters, but enjoy wrecks when I can't
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 18 May 2004 - 11:52 AM

If we go ahead with this, I can likely offer the transportation of a diver (possibly 2) if you fly into Ottawa.

I'm already booked for my annual "dive party" in Kingston 25/26 of the month, that and possibly diving with Dan & company up in Cornwall at the begining of the month... that's all I have planned in September.

Hey Dan... extend your visit, dive Cornwall, then Brockville.

Keystorm, Daryaw, Lillie and Gaskin here we come!
Sometimes, you just gotta be

#39 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:06 PM

Hey DB...post the info about the site that you showed me....it may have been some of the cool info that DivingGal sent you!

As for Sept....it seems the Roatan trip is not on the calendar and as of today it will be. That trip is Sept 11-18.

Looking forward to this...I'm planning to be there! Woo Hoo!!! ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#40 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 18 May 2004 - 01:11 PM

You mean something like this link??

http://www.scubaq.ca...rioscubadiving/
Sempar Partus!!

#41 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 02:34 PM

Hey Dan... extend your visit, dive Cornwall, then Brockville.

Keystorm, Daryaw, Lillie and Gaskin here we come!

Yea! This sounds great! :teeth: I was looking for someplace neat to go over Labor Day Weekend, came up with my downriver plan, and thought I'd offer it if y'all didn't come up with something else. {Think I may have missed some of the planning posts?! :lmao: }

None of my plans are engraved in granite yet, so if y'all pick the first weekend in Sept, I'd really, really, really love to change mine and come there, as a guest/member - rather and a work horse. I'll hold off for now, and see what y'all decide.

Good job guys, let me know...

:hiya:

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#42 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 18 May 2004 - 10:44 PM

Ok,

If you want to PM me, I would like an idea of some organized after dive activities for this trip. I have already heard the idea of a catered BBQ one night, which I would love. This is a for instance. Any other ideas will be gratefully received as I am simply trying to help organize the trip that the people attending want to go on!

Thanks,

Brian

#43 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:19 PM

Hey Brian...?

Okay, you've selected Brockville, due south of Ottawa, right...?

Got dates, charter and hotel selected yet?

I think the other stuff will happen after that.

thanks, don

Edited by DandyDon, 19 May 2004 - 01:20 PM.

#44 hnladue

hnladue

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 584 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue/Adv Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:enough

Posted 19 May 2004 - 01:51 PM

I know there's a hotel right off the expressway in Brockville that's like $Cheap/night CDN (she gives a 10% discount to divers) Days Inn on Stewart Blvd.

Please send pricing via pm to people who ask and to DiverBrian who is helping to organize this. Thanks...-ww

Edited by WreckWench, 19 May 2004 - 02:39 PM.

Sempar Partus!!

#45 Diverbrian

Diverbrian

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 19 May 2004 - 10:32 PM

I appreciate the help and will accept any information that people have on specific charters, lodging, etc.

That having been said (and me wanting to make life easier for Wreck Wench, Walter, Zen Diver, and our "mistresses" :teeth: ), please send that information to me via PM vice posting it in the thread to keep things organized. I promise that you will LOVE the trip that results from this.

Thanks a bundle,

Your friendly neighborhood trip organizing point person....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users