• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Tattoos and girls

• Please log in to reply
191 replies to this topic

#1 scubahoney

scubahoney

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:20ish

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:03 PM

How many of you gals have tattoos? And also, men...what do you think about gals having them????
Please don't be too mean if you don't like them....I have one already and plan on another one and I know another Diving Diva that has a few, too!

Edited by scubahoney, 12 May 2004 - 09:04 PM.

The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#2 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:15 PM

i think if they r done right...and tasteful ..there fine....the ones i have ..im not afraid to show anyone.....no skulls and such....its a matter of taste....some peole really freak.....and ive seen some freaky tatts....but i like um.....
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#3 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:19 PM

I agree on that...especially the skull thing. Mine is a dolphin...pretty tasteful if you ask me!
The greatest resource of the ocean is not material but the boundless spring of inspiration and well-being we gain from her.
~Jacques Cousteau

#4 maxdvr

maxdvr

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:s.s.i. centry diver/rescue diver.. padi divemaster
  • Logged Dives:142 at last count

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:22 PM

i have 4.... a parrot in a capt. hat...a moonlight island complete with palmtree.... a small dreamcatcher...and a lil duck i got when i was 18....i like the dolphin thing...maybe i'll add one to the island lagoon swimmin around a dive flag?....thaat sounds pretty kewl
Posted Image
if your not living on the edge...your takin up to much space

landlocked by misfortune

"Kindness to others is the rent we pay for our time on Earth". - Muhammad Ali

#5 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:25 PM

I saw one that was a shark swimming around a dive flag. It was pretty cool. Def. a little to manly for me, but I wouldn't mind seeing that one on any man of mine.
~Jacques Cousteau

#6 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:>300

Posted 12 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

I question why anyone would deface their body with tattoos. I can tolerate small, unobstrusive ones on women but those that are huge and obvious detract from a woman's natural beauty IMO.

PS, I don't find tattoos on guys that appealing either. When I was in Las Vegas last week, next to our conference was a group of Association of Professional Piercers. These folks has all sorts of disgusting things in their bodies and tattoos that at best were atrocious. Some of you may have been corrupted by the politically correct dogma that pervades our society and will think that I am judgemental. Yes I am. I have that right. :cool1:

However, I have no intent to suggest that ScubaHoney is bad or less a woman. My opinion of her is the same as two hours ago (good impression!)

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 12 May 2004 - 10:00 PM.

#7 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:07 PM

Awww....thanks CP :cool1:
~Jacques Cousteau

#8 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:17 PM

Now if you were a few years older.....

#9 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:25 PM

:cool1:, is that your way of saying that my tattoo IS tasteful?

Edited by scubahoney, 12 May 2004 - 10:25 PM.

~Jacques Cousteau

#10 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:37 PM

If they're tasteful and meaningful I think they're VERY sexy!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#11 ColoradoPilot

ColoradoPilot

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:43 PM

ScubaHoney, it is tasteful and feminine. Entirely different from what I saw last week.

Edited by ColoradoPilot, 12 May 2004 - 10:56 PM.

#12 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:49 PM

I tried to tell you so CP. hey jextract, is that on one of your lists

tasteful and meaningful

too?
~Jacques Cousteau

#13 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:52 PM

I'm not a fan. They're way too permanent & quite often distastful to boot. Don't get me wrong, I've been tempted at times. I once considered getting a yin-yang overlayed by a preying mantis in an undisclosed location but, I took a few months to think about it & decided not to.
My daughter has 2- one she got at the age of 14- again, not in a visible spot & not, I might add, with my knowledge. I didn't know about it for a full 2 years!. The other she told me about wanting & respected my request to think it over for 6 months first- you'd be surprised how your desires can change over the course of a few months. Now, she has a narrow band of ivy wrapping her ankle. I actually suggested to her that she pierce her belly button as an alternative to the tatoo- piercing heal over pretty quickly when people change their minds. She did & it's gone. I must admit, if I had a "younger" looking stomach..... :anna:

PS_-thank goodness- post 667- phew!!

Edited by Marvel, 12 May 2004 - 11:16 PM.

Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

#14 scubahoney

scubahoney

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 10:59 PM

Marvel..I would have posted anything jsut to get to that next number! I agree with you completely about thinkng it over. I actually wanted a dolphin tat when I was 18..didnt' get it b/c I wasn't 100% sure. now, I am 22, and I have my dolphin tat (which is only about 5 months old). When I got it, I knew it was what I wanted, and I am really happy with it.
P.S. I'm 22, and my mom doesn't know about mine either! It's funny how things will never change.
~Jacques Cousteau

#15 Marvel

Marvel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,057 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 12 May 2004 - 11:03 PM

P.S. I'm 22, and my mom doesn't know about mine either! It's funny how things will never change.

Ah, but they did for me & I hope that they do for you. My daughter is THE person that I admire most in the world! I have absolutely no idea how she grew into the woman that she did. Truly, I can take no credit- she's amazing.
Marvel

"I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." C. S. Lewis

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users