• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Site Issues list 2005-11-20

• Please log in to reply
54 replies to this topic

#1 Tolly

Tolly

IT Administrator (Retired)

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water
  • Logged Dives:*

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:09 PM

1. The blank pages after some posts. This is actually logging the user off in some instances.

Best bet when you get the blank page:

a. Hit the back button
b. Click the SingleDivers.com Surface Interval Banner at the very top of the page.
c. Click "View New Posts"

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

"Be the little boy" Dive_Girl

dilemma.gif

#2 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:11 PM

2. The registration image is not appearing, making it impossible for potential new members to create a user account.

We can pre register someone on the site if they send us a "Contact me" form from the main page.

SingleDivers can help you plan your personal or family dive trips! Send us an e-mail: SD Travel

"Give me the money that has been spent in war and I will clothe every man, woman, and child in an attire of which kings and queens will be proud. I will build a schoolhouse in every valley over the whole earth. I will crown every hillside with a place of worship consecrated to peace." Charles Sumner

"All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke

dilemma.gif

#3 Tolly

Tolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

3. The portal page is not allowing some people to login.

Going to the actual login page usually resolves the issue.

dilemma.gif

#4 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 20 November 2005 - 07:42 PM

If I can add another concern, please ...

The Last Post feature is not working either. Whether I use it on the Portal page, or on the Forums page, it gives a white page when clicked on.

#5 CaptSaaz

CaptSaaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,194 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:88

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:23 PM

Just to advise you that another member said they had picked up a virus from the old site before it completely went down. Just something you and all users should be concerned about. Everyone should update and run their virus protection software pronto. My own system is clean.
We all must believe in something... I believe I'll have another beer

#6 Guest_PlatypusMan_*

Guest_PlatypusMan_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2005 - 08:33 PM

From the DFW Happy Hour last night:

One member has not been able to log on for over a week; another claims 24 days.

Why has a broadcast email not been sent advising the membership of what is happening? Currently everyone is in the dark and wondering what's going on.

And add this from me a few minutes ago:

Going to the login page rather than the portal required two-three attempts before finally getting into the site.

Platypusman
...$%&(7965$^%$64-0...#@5%43(&%$NO CARRIER

#7 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 20 November 2005 - 10:40 PM

I didn't have issues 'till a few days ago.

I'm seeing some weirdness with the new software, though. Giant black bars occasionally popping up on the top third of the display, and my Media Player trying to open with *something*, but it times out and doesn't display whatever it is. Don't ya just love new software cut-overs?

I notice it's all on Tolly's test site at the moment.

#8 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:10 PM

Just to advise you that another member said they had picked up a virus from the old site before it completely went down. Just something you and all users should be concerned about. Everyone should update and run their virus protection software pronto. My own system is clean.

My system is clean too...I use ZoneAlarm and lavasoft on my computers

"something" tried to download to all my computers, but once I denied access thru ZoneAlarm, I never saw the attempted download again

#9 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 20 November 2005 - 11:13 PM

I find that to be a wild claim. Possible, but I'd say that claim was based on speculation.

Everyone should keep up to date Virus and Spy protection, of course. For the latter, I prefer the free one from Microsoft. I've had no attacks in weeks.

On Virus protection, I have time left on my Norton subscription, but I'm using the free Mcafee that comes with AOHell on the other. I think I may switch over to it when my Norton expires.

The blank pages after some posts. This is actually logging the user off in some instances.

Best bet when you get the blank page:

a. Hit the back button
b. Click the SingleDivers.com Surface Interval Banner at the very top of the page.
c. Click "View New Posts"

Yeah, I'm getting that one.

Edited by DandyDon, 20 November 2005 - 11:16 PM.

What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#10 blacklatexozdiver

blacklatexozdiver

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  • Board Status:-
  • Cert Level:OW, Drysuit, Underwater Naturalist
  • Logged Dives:16 (pretty hard to dive where there's no water...)

Posted 21 November 2005 - 04:40 AM

One issue I have (Win2K, Firefox) the Scuba Toys ad at the top right is over the top of "Member", "Calendar", "Statistics" and "Gallery" menus.
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in love." Albert Einstein

SD's Aussie Connection.

#11 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:39 AM

Why has a broadcast email not been sent advising the membership of what is happening? Currently everyone is in the dark and wondering what's going on.

This a question validly asked by MANY....

Norm

#12 Dejah

Dejah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,218 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:14

Posted 21 November 2005 - 06:55 AM

I unforunately upon opening the site today had a few strange Pop-Ups occur one being some kind of movie, which I closed immediately..

Either way, sorry to hear about all the problems your having Tolly, yet glad to see the site functioning again.

Dejah

#13 Searanger

Searanger

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Board Status:0
  • Cert Level:O/W
  • Logged Dives:170

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

FUBAR...Only way to login is through a current topic...like this one. Otherwise thrown out when loging through the portal page or even main forum page. Otherwise experencing same problems as noted. Yes, Singledivers has been offline for a week.

#14 Basslet

Basslet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:150

Posted 21 November 2005 - 08:57 AM

Yes, I have trouble logging in too. It asks me to send a validation email, but when I put my name in, it doesn't recognize it.
Also, I don't stay logged in.

Edited by Fairybasslet, 21 November 2005 - 08:59 AM.

#15 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 21 November 2005 - 09:16 AM

I did have a security attack last night. Had to block with my Spy protection. Ran Virus & Spy scans, deleted one file picked up by Virus scan.

No reason to think it came from here, but still interesting...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users