• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Houston Happy Hour Dec 2

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 PacketSniffer

PacketSniffer

Getting started

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:65

Posted 02 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

What a great Happy Hour!! :cool2:

@Sandy - You did a super job coordinating this event! It was a great time and it went well because of you. :respect:

It was great to meet all of you. You all are a wonderful bunch of people. So, how soon are we going diving? :teeth:

Richard

#2 Sonny Beaches

Sonny Beaches

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • Board Status:I be here
  • Cert Level:aow-nitrox
  • Logged Dives:over 100

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:20 AM

Hey all. Just got home, a short cruise back.
Glad to get to meet more of the Houston area S.D. crew :teeth: and see several S.D> members , that I have meet and dove with before. Heck I even got a Door prize for showing up, :cool1: See it pays to go and meet and greet. Got to meet some more Divers, and we all know all divers are GREAT people to Hang with, and got to meet some more of the S.D. Ladies. Hope to see everyone again soon, Heck lets go get wet soon, some where, Have tanks and ready to travel, and go down..... Under
:cool2: Punk for setting it up and all the hard work. :respect:

:cool2:

#3 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:40 AM

What a great Happy Hour!! :cool2:

@Sandy - You did a super job coordinating this event! It was a great time and it went well because of you. :respect:

It was great to meet all of you. You all are a wonderful bunch of people. So, how soon are we going diving? :cool2:

Richard

I had a GREAT evening...imagine meeting so many great people at one time :teeth: (Sandy,,did you make it home oK??
and Lena.....LOVE the car....can't wait to go cruisin with you. finley
who's leading this parade anyway?

#4 scubarw50

scubarw50

Getting started

• Pip
  • 15 posts
  • Cert Level:Open Water Instructor
  • Logged Dives:400+

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:39 AM

Sandy, Thanks for all of your hard work in coordinating the HH. Your efforst are greatly appreciated!!! It was nice to meet everyone. The group is really welcoming to us newcomers, thanks!! I hope everyone had a great time.
Ron

PS - Sandy tell Mitch he needs to update his picture!

#5 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:14 AM

I will sound like a broken record but it was fun to meet the newcomers and talk to those I have met before at prior happy hours. I will note that someone (who I will not name) somehow misplaced her cell phone, it turns out that she left it in the ladies' room and lucklily one of our other members had picked it up. I have made a note to self to cut this someone off after her one shot of Southern Comfort. :fish:

Rw, that pic was only taken last March at another HH! I don't need a new one, do I? :usflag:
-Mitch-

#6 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:14 PM

First and foremost, I would like to say a HUGE :thankyou: to each and everyone of you who showed up to make this such a great night, and for the food and toy contributions. And I would like to express a special Thank you to Ron (RWScuba) and WW Diving in Humble for supplying us with some great door prizes. Please consider WW Diving for your future diving needs to show them how much we appreciate their support. I would also like to thank Sydney and Christina for their door prize donations and for taking the time to deliver the food and toy donations to HAAM. And Thank you Mitch for helping me get things set up and put away at the end of the night.

It is true that I had a little trouble keeping track of my belongings yesterday. I left work early to drive up to the Woodlands so I would be their in plenty of time to greet anyone who might arrive early. After getting all the way there, I realized that I forgot my drivers license and my ATM card back at the office, so I had to drive all the way back down town Houston to retreive the items knowing that there was not enough cash in my wallet to support my drinking for the entire evening. :banghead: By the time I got back to Molly's, Mitch had already arrived. We secured a location on the patio where there was room for us all, and the staff at Molly's were very accomodating, so thank you to all who suggested this location. :cool1: I was in a bit of a panic after I left my cell phone in the rest room, and thought it was stolen. I called and had my service shut off, only to find later in the evening that Trixie had recovered my phone. Thank you Trixie! :) After getting home last night, I realized that I walked out of the Bar and left my ATM card with the Bar and never signed my tab. :taz: Honestly, I'm not usually this scattered...well maybe I am. :wacko:

I must say, it is so nice to be able to talk about :diver: :diver: :diver: with people who share your passion. It was great to see some new faces, Trixiegirl, Finley, Ribbitz, and Lisa0825. Trixie is an absolute treat :excl: Finley, you fit right in with this crowd :rolleyes: Lisa0825...it was great to meet you, but we will have to cut you off early next time before you start halucinating that you're seeing fireworks :laugh: ribbitz you are such a great addition to this group. Maybe you can help us make SD more attractive to the under 30 crowd. Seahuntress was her usual wonderful self and brought her celebrity guest, Bill Ray Vaugh :2cool: Thanks for coming Billy!! Of course we can't forget the Lurkers that we love!! They are usually no shows on the board, but they seem to make it to most of the Happy Hours. :lmao: I will not reveal their identities, but their initials are: LD, AD, OC, PL, and MK :cool2: See if you can guess who they are, with no help from the people who were there!

To all the other members who have become such good friends, (Mitch, TheSassyRabbit, Packetsniffer, Deepdiver615, Sudsymark and Sonny Beaches) thank you for coming out and helping me to welcome all the new people.

Ok, I'm off to get the film developed and recover my ATM card! Pics to follow later this evening. :D

#7 ribbitz

ribbitz

Getting started

• Pip
  • 23 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, working on Advanced
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 03 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

ribbitz you are such a great addition to this group. Maybe you can help us make SD more attractive to the under 30 crowd.

Hopefully! I'm going to have to do some brain storming on that one, hehe!

All in all, I had a wonderful time! It was so nice to meet all of you. Sandy and everyone else did a wonderful job organizing it, even though, the sign on the front door continually went missing! :thankyou:

See ya'll at the next one!!

Edit: I looked up the info on Moody Gardens, because it'd be so fun to help out there... Check it out: Moody Gardens Volunteer Divers

Edited by ribbitz, 03 December 2005 - 02:50 PM.

#8 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 03 December 2005 - 06:53 PM

OK..I am a low tech kind of girl.......everyone talks about the pictures but I dont know where they are..... :thankyou:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#9 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:56 PM

OK..I am a low tech kind of girl.......everyone talks about the pictures but I dont know where they are..... :thankyou:

Under the Our Members section there is a forum for pics: Shared Photos.

This is kind of embarrasing, but I screwed up again. Since I forgot the camera at home yesterday, I had to buy a disposable camera, and it happens to be the kind that you have to send off instead of getting them developed in the store. Therefore the pics won't be available for another week or so. Sorry. :banghead:

Edit: I looked up the info on Moody Gardens, because it'd be so fun to help out there... Check it out: Moody Gardens Volunteer Divers

Too bad you didn't join SD a couple of months sooner. A group of us took a great "Behind the Scenes Tour" at Moody Gardens. Our own Sudsymark is a volunteer diver at Moody Gardens and she got us a great deal on the tour. We went through the entire Aquarium, and learned all about the volunteer program. Sydney was at the Happy Hour last night. If you think you would be interested, send her a PM. They are always looking for more volunteers. Here's our trip report: Moody Gardens

Edited by Desert_Diver, 20 May 2006 - 09:33 AM.

#10 Lisa0825

Lisa0825

Getting started

• Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Cert Level:newly certified OW
  • Logged Dives:4

Posted 05 December 2005 - 07:52 AM

Lisa0825...it was great to meet you, but we will have to cut you off early next time before you start halucinating that you're seeing fireworks :cheerleader:

EXCUSE ME??? I had witnesses!!!! :cheerleader:

#11 PJl

PJl

Getting started

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 02:12 PM

:thankyou:

First and foremost, I would like to say a HUGE :thankyou: to each and everyone of you who showed up to make this such a great night, and for the food and toy contributions. And I would like to express a special Thank you to Ron (RWScuba) and WW Diving in Humble for supplying us with some great door prizes. Please consider WW Diving for your future diving needs to show them how much we appreciate their support. I would also like to thank Sydney and Christina for their door prize donations and for taking the time to deliver the food and toy donations to HAAM. And Thank you Mitch for helping me get things set up and put away at the end of the night.

It is true that I had a little trouble keeping track of my belongings yesterday. I left work early to drive up to the Woodlands so I would be their in plenty of time to greet anyone who might arrive early. After getting all the way there, I realized that I forgot my drivers license and my ATM card back at the office, so I had to drive all the way back down town Houston to retreive the items knowing that there was not enough cash in my wallet to support my drinking for the entire evening. :banghead: By the time I got back to Molly's, Mitch had already arrived. We secured a location on the patio where there was room for us all, and the staff at Molly's were very accomodating, so thank you to all who suggested this location. :cool1: I was in a bit of a panic after I left my cell phone in the rest room, and thought it was stolen. I called and had my service shut off, only to find later in the evening that Trixie had recovered my phone. Thank you Trixie! :) After getting home last night, I realized that I walked out of the Bar and left my ATM card with the Bar and never signed my tab. :taz: Honestly, I'm not usually this scattered...well maybe I am. :wacko:

I must say, it is so nice to be able to talk about :diver: :diver: :diver: with people who share your passion. It was great to see some new faces, Trixiegirl, Finley, Ribbitz, and Lisa0825. Trixie is an absolute treat :excl: Finley, you fit right in with this crowd :rolleyes: Lisa0825...it was great to meet you, but we will have to cut you off early next time before you start halucinating that you're seeing fireworks :laugh: ribbitz you are such a great addition to this group. Maybe you can help us make SD more attractive to the under 30 crowd. Seahuntress was her usual wonderful self and brought her celebrity guest, Bill Ray Vaugh :2cool: Thanks for coming Billy!! Of course we can't forget the Lurkers that we love!! They are usually no shows on the board, but they seem to make it to most of the Happy Hours. :lmao: I will not reveal their identities, but their initials are: LD, AD, OC, PL, and MK :cool2: See if you can guess who they are, with no help from the people who were there!

To all the other members who have become such good friends, (Mitch, TheSassyRabbit, Packetsniffer, Deepdiver615, Sudsymark and Sonny Beaches) thank you for coming out and helping me to welcome all the new people.

Ok, I'm off to get the film developed and recover my ATM card! Pics to follow later this evening. :D

#12 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 05:37 PM

[attachment=2097:attachment][attachment=2098:attachment][attachment=2099:attachm
ent][attachment=2100:attachment]

#13 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 17 December 2005 - 09:13 PM

It looks like ya'll had a great time!

'Punk...could you tell us who the people are in the photos?

#14 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:26 PM

[attachment=2104:attachment] [attachment=2105:attachment][attachment=2106:attachment]

Pic 1: Ron, Tara, Lena, Richard, Lisa, Billy Ray, Carla

Pic 2: Ron, Carla

Pic 3: Billy Ray, Carla

#15 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 17 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

[attachment=2107:attachment][attachment=2108:attachment][attachment=2109:attachm
ent][attachment=2110:attachment][attachment=2114:attachment][attachment=2115:atta
chment]

Pic 1 - Ron, Arlene, Katie

Pic 2 - Lena aka Trixie Girl

Pic 3 - Mitch

Pic 4 - The Punk

Pic 5 - Ron, Arlene, Katie, Tara, Lena

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users