• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Bah Humbug!

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:02 AM

Flag Day isn't an official holiday and it's not FDR.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#17 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:32 AM

Thomas Jefferson got it backwards, he died on July 4th. :usflag:
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#18 ScubaHawk

ScubaHawk

Midwest HH Planner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

Right date. Ol' Silent Cal was born on the Fourth of July.

Good one Walter!
Take an SD trip - See old friends you have never met before!
Every existing thing is born without reason, prolongs itself out of weakness, and dies by chance. - Jean-Paul Sartre
I feel the urge, the urge to submerge! -ScubaHawk - Raptor of the Deep !
WHO DAT!!!!

#19 Hipshot

Hipshot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver/Asst. Instructor
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 09 December 2005 - 11:50 AM

I received a nice long email today on this whole Christmas Issue. I've taken out the bit below to share with ya'll, not to cause a rukous or anything, just something else to think about...

No matter what happens to the Christmas holiday, I'm proud to see "Merry Christmas" displayed across the top of these forums!!

Remember this is from an email, and is not my word.

Bah, sorry your thread was hijacked Annasea... that was a funny one, made me laugh!!!

It appears that some major store chains don't want to offend a small minority who oppose Christmas, but they don't mind offending Christians who celebrate the birth of Christ, the Reason for the season. One group, The American Family Association, has chosen one of these stores, ironically one whose logo is a bulls-eye (Target), for a boycott. Target has refused to use "Christmas" in its in-store promotions or retail advertising. The rationale for choosing one store is that if a boycott of a single store, if it affects sales, will be apparent, which will make the boycott effective.

Virtually all of my Jewish friends celebrate Christmas themselves, and will wish me a "Merry Christmas," just as I'll wish them a "Happy Channukah." There is nothing offensive about Christmas to the mainstream, and it's time for those who are offended by it to realize this. There is a world of difference between publicly wishing someone a "Merry Christmas" and establishing a "Church of England" of the U.S.

Merry Christmas to all,
Rick
:usflag:

#20 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 09 December 2005 - 02:16 PM

Actually, Ray, three presidents died on July 4. Two of them on the exact same day. Jefferson and Adams both died on the 50th anniversary of the Declaration of Independence. Monroe died a five years later (1831). Jefferson held on for the anniversary, awaking late in the night, his last words were asking if it was the 4th. Adams died later in the day, his last words were, "Jefferson still survives."

Hawk, you are right, Silent Cal was born on the 4th.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#21 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:21 AM

Well on the Bah Humbug theme I saw on another board that Santa may be late getting back from his Caribbean vacation.

Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#22 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 10 December 2005 - 08:24 AM

Hey LA,

I'd say that Santa is not DIR!!

#23 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 12 December 2005 - 06:57 PM

It seems as though so many people forget one clause from the First Amendment: "... or the free exercise thereof." And further, the Constitution only forbade Congress from establishing a national church - states were free to do so and many did.
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users