• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

SingleDivers.com ScubaHides....

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

Yes its true...SingleDivers.com now has its very own tank covers better known as ScubaHides!!!

Attached is a picture of what they look like and how to apply them! They are very simple to use and they personalize your tank and make it easy to tell YOUR tank apart from everyone elses! (Unless you are diving with a bunch of SingleDivers that is!)

Price: $25

Shipping & Handling: $3.50 to US & Canada

Quantity On Hand: 20

To Order:

1. To order a scubahide or any other SD merchandise please post in the appropriate thread and enclose a check, or fill out the credit card info to pay via credit card or check-by-fax. Please don't forget the 3% credit card fee. (To obtain the forms click on the link in my signature below. If you need the password email trips@singledivers.com and we'll send it to you!)

2. You may also use PayPal to pay for your merchandise. The link and site is secure. Pay to kamala@singledivers.com and PLEASE put in the comments the size, color, (if applicable) and shipping address. Enter either $25 per skin and they will ship in 7-10 days. (Please don't forget to add the 3% paypal fee.)

3. Shipping and handling is to the US and Canada. Contact us for shipping outside of this area.

Payment Options:

All prices quoted include a cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC) download the Order & Credit Authorization form above, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click on the link in my signature for the payment form(s).

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section AND WHAT YOU ARE BUYING.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

How they Work:

ScubaHides are designed to be a fun, easy way for divers to personalize their gear and increase individual visual identification underwater.

The graphics are printed on a 10 mill. thick piece of polyethelyne which is placed on the tank without any adhesive. Then a 5mill. thick shrink-wrap sleeve is slid over the tank and heat shrunk with a normal hairdryer. Because the graphics are printed on the inside of the label, nothing will rub off. No adhesive is used whatsoever, and they do not cover up either the hydro stamp, or visual inspection sticker.

How to Apply:

Once you receive your ScubaHide, they are easy to apply yourself. Simply place the graphics on the tank, slip the clear heat wrap over it, and apply heat with a normal hair dryer to shrink-wrap it tightly to the body of the tank. Here's how it works:

1. If trimming is necessary, lay the skin flat and cut it from the bottom.
2. Cut the heat wrap separately, leaving it larger than the graphics sheet.
3. Place the graphics sheet on your clean, dry tank so that your VIP sticker is visible.
4. Slide the heat wrap over the tank.
5. Apply heat evenly over a large area of the skin. For best results, wave the hair dryer slowly up and down over the skin.
6. Submerge the tank in water for several minutes
7. When dry, the ScubaHide will be permanently affixed to the tank.

TO REMOVE: Score the skin with a sharp knife or razor blade. PLEASE RECYCLE.
Under normal use, the skins stay on the tanks, in and out of the water, for about 8-12 months, or until the annual visual inspection is due.

PLEASE NOTE: that ScubaHides are a decorative tank treatment, and do not provide protection to the tank. Taking care to avoid contact with sharp objects will greatly prolong the life of your ScubaHide. Use of a protective plastic mesh will also prolong the life of your ScubaHide and does not lessen the visual impact of their design.

FAQ's about ScubaHides:

1. ScubaHides are sold UN-shrunk; you shrink them yourself with a normal hair dryer.
2. Once they are on, they won't come off until you cut them off.
3. Does not harm or alter your tank in any way.
3. ScubaHides are printed with clear windows to allow inspection stickers to show through, and are designed 4. so they do not cover the hydro-testing stamp.
5. Does not alter buoyancy.
6. Covers all dings, scratches and blemishes on tanks.
7. Fits any tank 24 inches or less in circumference.
8. Printed on the inside to prevent scratching.
9. Does not promote the rusting or pitting of tanks.

Attached Images

• SD_Tank_Cover.jpg
  • how_they_work_ScubaHides.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 drbill

drbill

I spend too much time on line

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,486 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:who's counting, definitely four digits

Posted 23 December 2005 - 03:48 PM

Hate to sound like a tee-totaller here, Kamala. One of my buddies bought two of these for her tanks. I thought it was inappropriate to mix drinking and diving. However, I decided to cover my tank with the appropriate mixer for her liquor just so we could mix well underwater. Oh, and then I woke up!

#3 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 03:03 PM

Hate to sound like a tee-totaller here, Kamala. One of my buddies bought two of these for her tanks. I thought it was inappropriate to mix drinking and diving. However, I decided to cover my tank with the appropriate mixer for her liquor just so we could mix well underwater. Oh, and then I woke up!

That is why you should promote SAFE DIVING...diving with SingleDivers.com!!! :P

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#4 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 24 December 2005 - 07:56 PM

Under normal use, the skins stay on the tanks, in and out of the water, for about 8-12 months, or until the annual visual inspection is due.

I was wondering why these only last until the annual visual inspection. Do they have to come off for the inspection. I have never watched the inspections for my tanks. I assumed that when the tanks were inspected they were just inspected on the inside.
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#5 kevininpo

kevininpo

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 24 December 2005 - 09:43 PM

I was wondering why these only last until the annual visual inspection. Do they have to come off for the inspection. I have never watched the inspections for my tanks. I assumed that when the tanks were inspected they were just inspected on the inside.

lncorrect sir...the outside is also inspected for gouging and the like...l almost had a tank denied because of that
if it ain't broke, fix it till it is
what if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?

#6 firemedicdiver

firemedicdiver

On a roll now.....

• PipPip
  • 88 posts
  • Cert Level:Basic
  • Logged Dives:not very many

Posted 25 December 2005 - 05:10 PM

Thank you for the info. Like I said I never watched them inspect my tank so I had no idea what it all entailled.
Dan

"When I die, please don't let my wife sell my scuba equipment for what I told her I paid for it." -- Anonymous

#7 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 August 2006 - 12:58 PM

OK, so this past weekend I had my tank VIPed and I had to remove the hide. Where can I get the replacement shrinkwrap?
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#8 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:15 PM

OK, so this past weekend I had my tank VIPed and I had to remove the hide. Where can I get the replacement shrinkwrap?

Your hide should have come with 1 replacement shrink wrap. If not, we can probably order a replacement for you

#9 jextract

jextract

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,210 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor, Divemaster, Nitrox, Rescue, Wreck, ...
  • Logged Dives:120ish

Posted 15 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

Just let me know how to order 'em and I'll save you the trouble. Thanks!
"Because I accept the definition, does not mean I accept the defined." -- ScubaHawk
"Love is blind but lust likes lacy panties" -- SanDiegoCarol
"If you're gonna be dumb, you'd better be tough." -- Phillip Manor
"If I know the answer I'll tell you the answer, and if I don't I'll just respond cleverly." -- Donald Rumsfeld

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 15 August 2006 - 02:41 PM

ok...I sent you a PM!

#11 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 20 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

We still have about 20 of these in stock...they are great gifts for either yourself or anyone who owns their own tanks!

formerly...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users