• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

The Florida Dive of the Month!!!

• Please log in to reply
561 replies to this topic

#556 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 25 March 2010 - 05:07 PM

Yepper! It's a remake of that popular SciFi classic: The Topic That Wouldn't Die! :birthday:

I know things are thawing at a snail's pace (just think if you were the snail! ...er... but I digress), but hopefully some of those hardy souls mentioned above can offer the status of local diving conditions around Keys/FTL/MIA and give us all a little hope(?)... :lmao:

Hey!, It's not that bad! water temps were hovering around 68-70 last time I went out and now the air temp is better !

#557 pmarie

pmarie

• PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Cert Level:Playing at Divemaster
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 26 March 2010 - 06:27 AM

Yepper! It's a remake of that popular SciFi classic: The Topic That Wouldn't Die! :dance:

I know things are thawing at a snail's pace (just think if you were the snail! ...er... but I digress), but hopefully some of those hardy souls mentioned above can offer the status of local diving conditions around Keys/FTL/MIA and give us all a little hope(?)... :birthday:

Of course there is hope!!!! Tho I have not had a chance to get in the water since January....I have had reliable reports of water temps from 68-71 in the south Florida and Keys areas. The seas have been sporadic from flat calm to 6' on any given day. I am going to jump in the water at the first opportunity; this I know :birthday:

#558 a_fl_mermaid

a_fl_mermaid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  • Cert Level:OW. AOW, Nitrox, Night diver, underw. hunter, equip spec.
  • Logged Dives:too many to count, but recently only a few in 2007, some in the Florida keys and 4 days in Utila.

Posted 28 March 2010 - 06:05 AM

Why don't we just plan something for say about April 17th or something? I'm sure the water temps are going to be warming up just fine! Anyone interested? Should we go to the Keyes where temps may be even warmer?

#559 H2Oaddict

H2Oaddict

• PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:1,200+

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Why don't we just plan something for say about April 17th or something? I'm sure the water temps are going to be warming up just fine! Anyone interested? Should we go to the Keyes where temps may be even warmer?

This weekend Jupiter had water temps around 65 at depth on Saturday however it hit 72 on the reefs in Key Largo on Sunday :-). I have family in town April 17th, will watch to see what dates you confirm.
Happy Diving, LJMongy

#560 Bubbles

Bubbles

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,380 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:400-ish

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:47 PM

Why don't you wait and plan something in early May? That way I might be able to plan a trip down. Perhaps a mini-Keys Krawl???

American Airlines just started twice daily non-stop flights from Bham to Miami and have been having specials!!!
"If life gives you limes, make margaritas." – Jimmy Buffett

#561 dive_sail_etc

dive_sail_etc

Admin, TC, Charlie and Bottle Washer

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,122 posts
  • Board Status:Usually check in daily
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:1200+

Posted 13 September 2010 - 10:28 AM

As long as I am blundering around the site, thought I'd revive this topic also. We can break this off into a fresh topic, this one is 38 pages long. :lmao: But the FL Dive of the Month is forever! :thankyou:
Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
Finally broken to plow and harnessed to the traces. How may I help you today? Questions welcomed to charlies@singledivers.com

"My secret to maintaining this goofy façade? It ain't no façade." - Brad, the Fledgling Journeyman Master Hedonist
"I don't make up jokes; I just observe Congress and report the facts." - Will Rogers

#562 Racer184

Racer184

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 946 posts
  • Cert Level:Former Open Water Instructor S.D.I.
  • Logged Dives:>500

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:20 PM

One of our SingleDivers.com friends in Texas needs to go diving --- soon!

I was just telling some divers at work that the first time I went to Blue Heron Bridge (first of many dozens of dives there) was a SingleDivers.com event.

Though the ocean will likely be extremely cold at New Year's, maybe as low as 73 F, it doesn't seem to hamper anyone's enjoyment.

I live here, so any days that y'all agree on are fine with me.

Pick the day(s), I'll schedule happy hour, boats, whatever y'all need.

Edited by Racer184, 01 December 2011 - 08:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users