• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

FLORIDA Dive of the Month: February 24-26, 2006

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

#31 annasea

annasea

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:48 PM

I am assuming the lodging is additional. Can you tell me what the rates are and what type of lodging?

Thanks

Here's the LINK from the first page regarding accommodations. It will give you an idea of what's available. As to the cost, Jill (nextariel) needs to have an idea as to how many people are attending in order to work out a group rate.

#32 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:45 PM

Here's the LINK from the first page regarding accommodations. It will give you an idea of what's available. As to the cost, Jill (nextariel) needs to have an idea as to how many people are attending in order to work out a group rate.

Yup! Found and followed the link. I even called the place to get an idea of rates. I was told that because SD is working out a deal, they can not give me any rate information.

All I'm looking for, really, is a ballpark figure. I doubt that it will be the $36.95 per night we enjoy at the local Super Sleep Inn, but then if the rates are $239.95 per night I shall have to pass on the trip. Just trying to plan is all.
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#33 Dive_buddy

Dive_buddy

• PipPipPipPip
  • 251 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:198

Posted 21 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

We are currently looking at the Seagrass villas for rooms. The Sunday snorkel boats leave from their dock.

Can you give me a rough idea as to the cost of the lodging (for 2)? Also if I/we were to come down the day before, and/or leave a day later, can we stay at the villas? At the same or different rate? Make those arraingements through SD or on our own?

Thanks
Olympic diving is a sport. Scuba diving is an obsession.

#34 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:09 PM

I say we put as many people as possible in any space we can to keep the cost down :cheerleader:
who's leading this parade anyway?

#35 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:57 PM

It is sounding like you guys don't mind 4 to a 2 bedroom - so will try to get final pricing tomorrow. And will hold 12 spots - so the first 12 are the lucky ones!
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#36 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

It is sounding like you guys don't mind 4 to a 2 bedroom - so will try to get final pricing tomorrow. And will hold 12 spots - so the first 12 are the lucky ones!

Sounds good to me. Thanks Jill.

#37 fdnyjery

fdnyjery

Getting started

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Cert Level:open water nitrox o2 provider
  • Logged Dives:126

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:35 PM

Hey Jill its Jerry Okeefe, and would like to attend your weekend at crystal river in feb if you still have room
Thank You Jerry OKeefe aka fdnyjery
FDNYJERY aka JERRY

#38 annasea

annasea

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,322 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:39 PM

Greetings Jerry,

Seeing as this is your first post, :cheerleader: to SD!

#39 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 06:36 AM

:thankyou: I'm getting kindof stoked about this trip! I finally get to dive with Yoda! I finally get to meet some of the members out east.

Are there any Florida members that live close enough to join us at the Happy Hour??

#40 normblitch

normblitch

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Board Status:Ginnie Springs 12/17, Crystal River 12/18...
  • Cert Level:Cave
  • Logged Dives:522

Posted 23 January 2006 - 07:41 AM

Sandy,

I going to TRY to make it down Sat afternoon for the HH and Sun AM snorkel at Homasassa...

Norm

:thankyou: I'm getting kindof stoked about this trip! I finally get to dive with Yoda! I finally get to meet some of the members out east.

Are there any Florida members that live close enough to join us at the Happy Hour??

#41 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,588 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:47 AM

Hey gang...pls go easy on Jill as she is helping to organize this for everyone and has been also getting lots of information from a variety of sources as well to put the best event together that she can! :birthday:

If this works out then SD will have the hotel arranged:

We stayed at the Bella Oasis for a great deal of $60 plus tax per room. However we also stayed there DURING the week and not on a weekend so I'm sure rates are higher. We NEVER would have stayed there but Stef found this rate on the internet so here is what I suggest.

Or if someone who is interested in helping can do some Hotels.com searches etc and see what rates they can find for those days in Crystal River and/or Homosassa which is where we stayed when we were there last week at the Bella Oasis then Jill can finalize this faster.

Due to varying nature of the number of people involved the rooms will not be a group contract UNLESS Jill gets the spots for 12 people as she mentioned above but it will be camping with 3-4 people to a room it sounds like...but I know you'll all want to try and stay at the same hotel if possible. The Bella Oasis was fairly large and very nice so that may be a good starting point. So suggestions on where to stay would help alot especially if they have lots of rooms.

Since this is not an SD Group Trip but rather an event...the diving is being arranged by SD but the rooms will be arranged by the individual participants UNLESS Jill can get the option she mentioned worked out. If not you can make your own arrangements on rooms and offer to share or Jill and I can help as much with rooming as we can.

Thank you all...this will be a great trip...I just wish I could be there again with you all! -ww

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#42 Neil

Neil

Getting started

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:24

Posted 23 January 2006 - 02:27 PM

OH isn't that a co-incidence, I have a trip planned for that area around that same time! My friend that I'm travelling with and I'll be at a wedding on Saturday though, so will probably just miss you guys! Too bad! I hope to get to meet you guys on an upcoming trip somwhere. Maybe one not too expensive :birthday: After buying lots of scuba gear the credit card is a bit 'full' :P

Arrival: Friday night in Crystal River Area with a SD Meet and Greet
Dive: Crystal River Sat am, followed by afternoon dive in Rainbow River
Happy Hour: Sat night at the Seagrass Pub
Snorkel: Sunday in Homosassa Springs with the manatees with breakfast when we return. This is a 6:30 am wake up, as the manatees are most active in the morning. I know the HH is the night before. :birthday:

#43 nextariel

nextariel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:350+

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

Please check the first post in this thread as it has been updated with pricing and hotel suggestions. If anyone knows anything about Riley's Irish Pub please let me know, thinking about using it for HH as it seems to be right next door to the Days Inn.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.
Laugh at yourself first, before anyone else can. --Elsa Maxwell, September 28, 1958

#44 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

Sandy,

I going to TRY to make it down Sat afternoon for the HH and Sun AM snorkel at Homasassa...

Norm

:D I'm getting kindof stoked about this trip! I finally get to dive with Yoda! I finally get to meet some of the members out east.

:) Great Norm. We will be looking for you!

Please check the first post in this thread as it has been updated with pricing and hotel suggestions. If anyone knows anything about Riley's Irish Pub please let me know, thinking about using it for HH as it seems to be right next door to the Days Inn.

If you have any more questions, please let me know.

Thanks for doing the homework for us Jill. :mad:

#45 sunshinediver

sunshinediver

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor trainer with SEI and CMAS; HSA (divers with disabilities) and DAN instructor; tech
  • Logged Dives:2312

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

I am just getting caught up on this thread, after volunteering lots of information to various people about the area. Unfortunately I already have diving planned that weekend at Morrison Springs, and I can't get out of it since I am helping with the teaching side of things. I am sure you guys will have a wonderful time with the manatees, and I look forward to catching up with you next time you are in Florida or I am where you are!
:diver:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users