• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

05/06 4th Annual NW Underwater Treasure Hunt & Dive Show

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#16 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic
  • Logged Dives:too many logged, too many not logged...:)

Posted 13 April 2006 - 02:01 PM

We have closed in on the 30 days mark for this event. I will follow-up on more details for everyone. It is my understanding WW will have an SD booth there and we will need volunteers to meet & greet other single divers....tough job I know, but I guess some of use will just have to muster up the strength....:wavey:

I will also follow-up on the diving. Based on schedules, is it easier to stay local and dive with Banditos on Sunday. I realize there are other fabulous diving, the San Juans were mentioned, but I don't know if everyone could commit to that on Sunday when many still have to travel home later that day.

Thoughts on the diving??
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#17 fbp

fbp

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 764 posts
  • Cert Level:Dive Master - Master Diver
  • Logged Dives:1000+

Posted 14 April 2006 - 06:15 AM

I'm planning on doing the diving part.
Re-arranged a weekend dive campout at Hoodsport just to do it, so I'm looking forward to it...
Can't make the Hunt this year, but the diving Yes...

Sunrise would be at the top of the list, depending upon currents... heheh.. or the lack thereof..
Obviously, making it easy diving, not like last time... 2-3 dives???
Let me know how/where to send the Moo-la... $$

thanx..

Kamala wanted to know if you're bringing her 'Hand Warmers' again this year... LOL

Attached Images

• SD_PNWhunt084.jpg
  • SD_PNWhunt046.jpg
  • SD_PNWhunt047.jpg

fpoole
Diving & Gliding..
Hiking & Camping.
Shooting (photos) the Great Nor'West

www.poolesweb.com/

#18 Brinybay

Brinybay

I spend too much time on line

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:42 PM

Kamala wanted to know if you're bringing her 'Hand Warmers' again this year... LOL

Leave them behind, I'll volunteer for that job. Those youngsters really don't know how to properly warm a woman's, uh, hands. :evilgrin:
"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#19 Brinybay

Brinybay

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,605 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:580

Posted 15 April 2006 - 05:48 PM

I will also follow-up on the diving. Based on schedules, is it easier to stay local and dive with Banditos on Sunday. I realize there are other fabulous diving, the San Juans were mentioned, but I don't know if everyone could commit to that on Sunday when many still have to travel home later that day.

Thoughts on the diving??

Stay local. San Juans are nice, but it's pretty much a weekend event, e.g. a 3hr boat ride, which means departing Anacortes at 7am to do two dives and get back at 5pm to Anacortes. That's not counting the drive there, coming from north or south. I'll even go for a good shore dive, but that's because I'm cheap.

Edited by Brinybay, 15 April 2006 - 05:49 PM.

"The cure for anything is saltwater--sweat, tears, or the sea." - Isak Dinesen

"A good marriage is like an interlocking neurosis, where the rocks in one person's head fill up the holes in the other's."

#20 cmt489

cmt489

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:75+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 06:58 PM

I have booked off the weekend and will be there for sure. Nicolle and I are looking into sharing a place to stay as we speak. I am coming down Friday night so that I can be there bright and early on Saturday morning (you are bringing the Americanos aren't you Kamala) to help with the booth. I will bring my bright lipstick this time! As for Sunday diving, as I told Nicolle, I am still not very comfortable in my drysuit but she has promised that I will enjoy myself so have drysuit and gear will travel. Suffice to say, I am in!

See everyone soon!

#21 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 16 April 2006 - 08:20 PM

I'm looking at getting up early Sunday am and driving down for the day....almost got all the pieces in place but wil not know for sure till months end.

#22 Cold_H2O

Cold_H2O

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,498 posts
  • Logged Dives:lost count but back to keeping a log.

Posted 17 April 2006 - 07:27 AM

Banditos on Sunday ~ any more details on the dive plan?
Well Behave Women Rarely Make History ~ Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Formerly known as gis_gal and name tattoo'd for a small bribe!

#23 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI Course Director, EFR Instructor Trainer, DAN DEMP Instructor, rec-Trimix & Normoxic

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:42 AM

the hand warmers will not be there this year - they are off playing military boys.
It's Winter time - you know you're a diver when you're scraping ice off your windshield INSIDE your vehicle...!

Once in a while, it is good to step back, take a breath, and remember to be humble. You'll never know it all - ScubaDadMiami. If you aren't afraid of dying, there is nothing you can't achieve - Lao-tzu. One dog barks at something, the rest bark at him - Chinese Proverb.

#24 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 17 April 2006 - 09:44 AM

I'm looking at getting up early Sunday am and driving down for the day....almost got all the pieces in place but wil not know for sure till months end.

So you are just joining us for the diving on Sunday - not for the festitivities on Saturday?

#25 6Gill

6Gill

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts
  • Logged Dives:100+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 12:18 AM

So you are just joining us for the diving on Sunday - not for the festitivities on Saturday?

Well if things work out I'll come down Friday afternoon but I'll know for sure begining of the first week of May.

#26 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:39 AM

NW Dive News is having its first ever Singles Mingle on Friday before the event. And SingleDivers.com will be helping to co-sponsor the event. All the details will be in the next issue of NW Dive News! Along with a pretty cool article about us as well! :cool1:

We just sent the artwork on the logo that our very own BluBlood designed and Annasea and ScubaTooth have helped to tweak and make hi-res for me! GO TEAM SD!!! :teeth:

You'll have to try and make the Singles Happy Hour on Friday night! But if not...we'll tell you all about the great prizes that you missed out on winning. The event already has some serious corporate sponsorship! :)

Ok more details coming....especially about the diving on Saturday...I'm just getting warmed up! :cool2:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#27 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,490 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 18 April 2006 - 03:41 AM

Oh yes...any extra room for a slumber party girls? Or does anyone have a spare couch for a wayward wench? I'll be arriving on Friday fairly early and departing o'dark early on Monday. Flights are not set yet but I need to book them soon!

p.s. anyone wanna help with the booth on Saturday? Its a great way to meet new divers!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#28 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:46 AM

cmt489 and I should be looking at helping with the booth on Saturday! As for the diving on Sunday, WreckWench will be back online Monday to confirm (she's busy at Oceanfest right now), but we've posted dive charter info in its own thread: Click here for more info!

#29 Desert_Diver

Desert_Diver

Everyone knows me

• Charter Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
  • Cert Level:PADI AOW, TDI Nitrox (does it really matter to you??)
  • Logged Dives:130 something

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:52 AM

What's the water temp there in May? I have a trilam with standard White's underwear, dunno if that's enough for the conditions... it was fine in the Channel Islands, but that's probably quite a bit warmer than the PNW.

I have some friends up in Anacortes I haven't seen in a while, so I'm thinking about this trip if I can scratch up the change. Being unemployed is a weird feeling.

#30 Dive_Girl

Dive_Girl

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 11:55 AM

Water temps should be about 48 degrees mid-May. I'm up diving next weekend, I'll give you an update as the temps won't change much in a matter of a few weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users