• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Galveston Happy Hour Report

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:33 PM

Okay, no one has started a thread on the Galveston Happy Hour so I will ...

First of all, here is the roll call from those who were there. Hopefully, I got everyone here.

Steff (konascubagirl)
Kamala (WreckWench)
Kim (finGrabber)
Sandy (ScubaPunk)
Bob (DrBob)
Al (Captain Al)
Oscar (hifaller?)
Dennis from WW Diving (Captain Waldo)
Phyllis (Stingray1)
Teresa (Mermaid Lady)
Patty (Cozy Girl)
Pat (no screen name yet)
Luann (finley)
John (PlatyPusMan)
Mike (Bubble2Bubble)
Sydney (sudsymark)
Victoria (TexasStarfish)
Yours Truly (Mitch0129)

plus Steff's two friends from Longview, I don't recall their names

Also I understand from the Wench that we had four folks who were in the bar that inquired about the group.

We'd like to present the following awards ...

Longest-traveled-to-Galvestion-Happy-Hour-Award - Steff who came all the way from Hawaii via Jacksonville, Florida. Honorable mentions go to Mike who came 10 hours from Southwest Arkansas, The Wench and fingrabber who came from Dallas, and Patty and Pat who drove down from Katy, Texas.

I'm-a-Virgin-Award - Patty and Pat, it was their first SD.com event

The-Last-to-Arrive-Award - none other than the Wench and finGrabber, they finally arrived around 7:45 pm.

Best-Guess-When-Wench-And-FinGrabber-Would-Arrive-Award - Sandy (ScubaPunk) who came very close at 7:30 PM.

Best-Shop-Support-Award - WW Diving in Humble, Texas, they provided great door prizes as did WW our very own Wench!

Most-Starving-At-Happy-Hour-Award - The Wench as she kept eating everyone else's nuts

Need-A-Job-Award Yours truly and Captain Al. (He is a capt for the Sea Searcher which is being sold so he is looking for a new Capt's job!)

It was good to see all of you who came out last night. A few did have a little too much fun if there is such thing.
-Mitch-

#2 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:42 PM

My report is that all you lightweights that left early, missed the fun and as we know- what happens in Galveston, stays in Galveston- therefore I can't tell what you missed....
who's leading this parade anyway?

#3 ScubaPunk

ScubaPunk

Houston HH Planner + Angel

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,029 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, NITROX
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 22 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

What a Great group of people! Thank you all for coming out to make this such a fun night. I especially want to thank KonaScubagirl for joining us and sharing her friends with us too. Stef wins the award for coming the longest distance, all the way from Hawaii. She is loads of fun to hang out with, even if she does have some kind of an issue with name tags. :cool1: Must be a fashion thing. :D B2B wins for driving the longest distance from Arkansas, and for giving the best massages. By the way, if anyone is planning a Happy Hour in their area, I would highly recommend the Group Conga Line Massage. :cool1: (Pictures will follow later) An extra special surprize was the arrival of the one and only Platypusman. So hopefully we will see some pics presented in glorious Platypiivision soon. We were taking bets on when WW and Fingrabber were going to make it, and as luck would have it, I won about 10 bucks for coming the closest in guessing their arrival time. :cheerleader: After suffering harrasment from me for so long, Cozygirl finally made it out to join us and as an extra bonus she brought her SO with her. They are great fun and hopefully will be joining us on a trip soon. And who could forget our favorite lurker, hifaller, who has promised that he is finally going to post the long awaited intro!! To everyone else who made this an extra special night, Thank you with all my heart: DrBob, Mitch, Finley, Stingray1, Mermaid Lady, TexasStarfish, Sudsymark and Cap Waldo.

Above all I would like to thank WW Diving, and Capt Waldo for their continued support, and for providing the great door prizes. :cheerleader:

Edited by ScubaPunk, 22 January 2006 - 05:57 PM.

#4 Guest_TexasStarfish_*

Guest_TexasStarfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 06:20 PM

:cheerleader: Thanks for a great time. I will try to keep up with the posts and events this semester. And definitely shooting for at least one trip this year :cool1: . It was good seeing everyone again and meeting some new people.

Keep me posted of the next Houston HH. Well, back to the books! :cool1:

Victoria :cheerleader:

#5 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:29 AM

I had a great time as well!

To see people I don't normally get to hang out with - ScubaPunk, Mitch0129, Stingray1, PlatypusMan, Mermaid Lady, sudsymark and Bubski is truely priceless!

To get to meet everyone I hadn't met before -
Steff, Bob, Al, Oscar, Dennis, Patty, Pat, Luann, Victoria, Barb and Denise, it was fun meeting all ya'll!

And thanks, ScubaPunk for putting on another great Houston Happy Hour!

Kim

#6 sudsymark

sudsymark

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,062 posts
  • Cert Level:Certified as teenager, SSI DiveCon and Scuba Ranger Instructor
  • Logged Dives:130

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:48 AM

It was a blast to see everyone. FYI Mitch, Capt. Waldo and I were the last to arrive, since we didnt get there till 8:15. Luckly the Capt. is a better navigator than I am or I never would have found everyone. Guess that is why he is the captain. :thankyou:
In the end we will conserve only what we love; we will love only what we underdstand; and we will only understand what we are taught. -Baba Dioum

#7 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:56 AM

I had a Blast at the Houston HH :thankyou:
One of the funniest things that happened that night that kept me laughing on my drive back home was when Barbara one of KSG friends decided to draw out the continent of Africa because that's where she was from. we just used a marks-alot pen and a place mat. we both drew out our version of Africa and with just a few dots placed in certain areas the continent looked more like male and female body parts :birthday: it was just some silly fun between two perfect strangers :welcome:
I enjoyed meeting everybody that came to the HH. we had Students, Teachers, Fire women, Stuntman, Doctors, Boat Captains, several that worked in IT, Dive Industry Leaders, Small Business Owners etc..
I wish all of us can do a dive trip together someday.

Thanks Mitch for being a designated driver so some of us could cut-lose alittle.

Special Thanks to Sandy for being a Supreme Hostess and running a boarding house for wayward divers.

B2B
Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

#8 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:57 AM

Where to begin...first thanks to the PUNK for doing such an awesome job in putting this together...and of course to KonaScubaGirl for being the uh...reason for such a great event...yeah...like we really need a reason to party right??? :thankyou:

It was a long drive...it was hard...but there was NO withdrawel once we committed...

even if we were a bit late! :birthday:

However this group is ALWAYS resourceful and found great pleasure in guessing how long it would take us to get there...just goes to show you how well people THINK they know you! :welcome:

It was really great seeing soooooooooo many old friends and making so many new ones! And I too want to personally thank Dennis with WW Diving (a name after my own heart!) for the prize contributions as well as hanging out and entertaining us! You truly do make me think you were born a poor white cuban boy! :dance:

I met LOTS of great new folks including Finley, Dr Bob, Texas Starfish, Pat & CozyGirl and of course some folks that I have not seen in just entirely too long...like Capt Al, Mermaid Lady, SudsyMark, ScubaPunk, Bubski, Mitch0129

and even those I've been fortunate to see recently on an SD trip or event...it was awesome to see you again so soon...Stingray1, KonaScubaGirl, Platypusman, and of course the super fingrabber who did 99% of the driving to Houston/Galvestan and back so we could get there!!! (I never knew I snored when I talked...but according to FG I was talking to her and then I was just mumbling something and then it was just heavy breathing!) Sigh...guess I was tired! :dance:

Again thanks to all for such a warm welcome and to all that lost the pot as to when we'd arrive...next time vote SOONER!!! :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#9 konascubagirl

konascubagirl

Meeting folks

• PipPipPip
  • 176 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:28 AM

Longest-traveled-to-Galvestion-Happy-Hour-Award - Steff who came all the way from Hawaii via Jacksonville, Florida.

Oh Lord! It IS GOOD to be home! That was a heck of a trip!

It was good to see all of you who came out last night. A few did have a little too much fun if there is such thing.
[/quote]

No such thing as too much fun! The party was a total blast, and it was AWESOME to have so many fun divers in ONE place!
KSG

[quote name='WreckWench' date='Jan 23 2006, 04:57 AM' post='125228']
Where to begin...first thanks to the PUNK for doing such an awesome job in putting this together...and of course to KonaScubaGirl for being the uh...reason for such a great event...yeah...like we really need a reason to party right??? :thankyou:

I second the Wench's praise for PUNK! A fabulous get together! And WW is correct....any event is a good enough reason to have FUN!

[color="#663366"]Wench, I am afraid Platypusman has incriminating photos! You better get in touch with him wiki wiki! :welcome:

KSG

#10 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:59 AM

Wench, I am afraid Platypusman has incriminating photos! You better get in touch with him wiki wiki!

I now know wiki wiki means FAST but dare I ask who the incriminating shots are of??? Whoops...I now recall...it was BOTH of us!!! Rutro... :birthday:

Why do we let people with cameras into these events??? :birthday:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#11 drbob

drbob

Getting started

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Cert Level:open water

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:06 AM

Well, I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone at my first SD HH in Galveston. I especially enjoyed visiting with B2B, Capt Al, the Punk, and the Wench. Had to leave (relatively) early (11p) by your standards due to an early morning commitment. I felt kinda inadequate with my usual screen name since everyone else had dive-related names. Oh well. Punk did a great job is selecting the location. How about T-Bone Tom's in Kemah next time? The beer was flowing and we had enough room to spread out and talk. Looks like you couldn't get this group to sit down if you had a gun in your hand, anyway. From Mitch's awards, seems like guys better steer clear of WW <g> Actually, she is a singularity of energy. Looking forward to more meetings.

#12 finley

finley

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW (plus EMT Training)
  • Logged Dives:45

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:41 AM

Well, I certainly enjoyed meeting everyone at my first SD HH in Galveston. I especially enjoyed visiting with B2B, Capt Al, the Punk, and the Wench. Had to leave (relatively) early (11p) by your standards due to an early morning commitment. I felt kinda inadequate with my usual screen name since everyone else had dive-related names. Oh well. Punk did a great job is selecting the location. How about T-Bone Tom's in Kemah next time? The beer was flowing and we had enough room to spread out and talk. Looks like you couldn't get this group to sit down if you had a gun in your hand, anyway. From Mitch's awards, seems like guys better steer clear of WW <g> Actually, she is a singularity of energy. Looking forward to more meetings.

Hey...Im already planning the next one but it will probably be in the Katy area(since all our western folks are grumbling :birthday: )
who's leading this parade anyway?

#13 Mitch0129

Mitch0129

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • Cert Level:OW, AOW, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:290

Posted 23 January 2006 - 12:07 PM

Bubski, it was a pleasure to meet you and visit with you too. Certainly, I do hope you can find some work down here if that is what you want to do. We would love to have you.

It was also my pleasure to be designated driver. Will be glad to do it anytime!
-Mitch-

#14 Stingray1

Stingray1

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  • Cert Level:Master Diver, Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:300+

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:48 PM

Yes, it was a blast. I'd love to dive with some of you that were there. Finley, Hifaller and I did have more fun after ya'll left after we finally got in the car and went to the a club on the seawall. Hope everyone made it home OK, Platypus. KSG, I didn't get to talk to you much, but you'd be lots of fun on a trip. I'll be in Hawaii in June, but not sure if I'll make it to the Big Island. B2B, let us know when you wander back this way.
Phyllis

#15 Bubble2Bubble

Bubble2Bubble

Arkansas HH Planner

• SD Partners
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,891 posts
  • Board Status:Surface Interval Starting 08/2009
  • Cert Level:Rescue Diver, Medic, Emergency First Responder, CPR/AED-Oxygen, Dry Suit, Nitrox.
  • Logged Dives:500+ Studing for my DM

Posted 23 January 2006 - 04:26 PM

Phyllis I enjoyed hanging around with you and Luann :lmao:
Teresa and Sandy helped me pass-out some cards and flyers around
the Galveston area with my business info on it. Soooo maybe I can comeback soon :lmao:

Ya know I thought I really really knew WW thats why I put down 9:30 down for Her arrival :)
Between John and I we should have enough pic's to Ummm Wellll... Share the Fun we all had :lmao:

B2B

Attached Images

• HoustonWWnMitchcopy.jpg

Edited by Bubble2Bubble, 23 January 2006 - 08:15 PM.

Dive into Life and Live for Diving!
no trees were harmed while posting any of my messages,
however a significant number of electrons were inconvenienced.

Buy Lawn Mower and Chain Saw Parts at...
Amazon.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users