• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

DFW January 27th Happy Hour

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 28 January 2006 - 03:37 PM

As usual, a good time was had by all!

Food, fun, drinks and talking about diving! What more could you want!

It was so good to see everyone again and I can't wait until the next one!

#2 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:06 PM

Yep Kimmie aka Fingrabber just got braces and her poor teeth hurt so much...but the contests continued so here are this months awards:

I Traveled the Farthest to Attend an SD Happy Hour: This award had a tie with Tom aka ScubaGypsy from RI via S Florida then Texas and Jay aka Prairie Diver from Minnesota. Honorable mention goes to Jim aka Narwhal who drove in from Tulsa...and Tina aka Twinklez driving in from Quitman (East Texas). Kudos to all for attending!

The HOTTEST award: Definitely goes to Jay aka Prairie Diver as Minnesota is MUCH colder than here.

The TALLEST award: Tie between Tom aka Scuba Gyspy and Kevin aka Big Tall Hippie but I think Kevin won by a head or so! :lmao:

The Last to Arrive Award: Miraclously this did not go to the fingrabber and the wench...instead it went to Narwhal who drove non-stop from Tulsa to join us! :wacko:

The Newest Member Award: Went to Dan aka ScubaTooth who paid his premier member dues at the Happy Hour! WOO!!! HOO!!! :twist:

The First Timers Award went to FishBob and Larry and Pam who all came to their first SD Happy Hour...I think it is safe to say that we'll be seeing them again!!! (Pam even has ties to SD in that she was in Fiji right before our trip and since she is from Dallas the resort kept asking if she knew us...and like a true SDer...she said "Not yet but I will!" Way to go Pam!!! :teeth:

Non-Diver Support Award: This was a close one too with both TJ (Mark Capt Jack's wife) and Cheyenne (Christi aka Beach Bunny's husband) both not only supporting their SO's but also contributing to our Happiest of Happy Hours! Way to go...we've got one snorkeling already...before you know it they will both be diving! :P

The Sunshine Award goes to Que aka Sea Urchin and Tina aka Twinklez...you'll have to figure those out yourself!!

The Mr Romance Award goes to the Platypus Man for procuring roses for all the ladies at the Happy Hour...and he procured kisses from all the rose receivers! Not a bad trade! :teeth:

The My Mouth Hurts, & My Meds Have Worn Off & Wenchie Won't Let Me Drink Award goes to our very own Kim aka Fingrabber who bless her heart just got braces yesterday and is still in a ton of pain! :(

As Kim said...we all had a blast and if you missed it....you missed a lot! See you next month when we bring you another edition of the DALLAS SINGLEDIVERS.COM HAPPY HOUR!!!! :lmao:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#3 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:26 PM

kimmie...... she is picking on you.... i wouldnt take it.....retaliate!

#4 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 05:34 PM

kimmie...... she is picking on you.... i wouldnt take it.....retaliate!

No worries...I'm only repeating the excuse she gave me when I caught her drinking! :teeth:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#5 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Cert Level:Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:Not enough but I am working on it!

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:48 PM

Lots and lots of fun, definately! I just wish I could have gotten there earlier to chat with you guys more! It seems as soon as I arrived it was time for me to leave! And uh.........Kimmie was not supposed to be drinking?? My bad!!! It was great to see everyone, and I am looking forward to next time!
"In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different" CoCo Chanel

beachbunny@singledivers.com

"Be the change you wish to see in the world"
Ghandi

#6 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,590 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:31 PM

Lots and lots of fun, definately! I just wish I could have gotten there earlier to chat with you guys more! It seems as soon as I arrived it was time for me to leave! And uh.........Kimmie was not supposed to be drinking?? My bad!!! It was great to see everyone, and I am looking forward to next time!

Whoops we forgot one...seems Beach Bunny had to travel all the way from Tenn to join us in this Happy Hour...her work has her gone entirely too long!!! :teeth:

formerly...

#7 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 07:39 PM

dont have to worry about me driving all the way to dallas!.....maybe babyduck will figure out a happy hour that easy to get to.........

#8 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:00 PM

Now I don't always have to travel so far........it just depends on the week!!

Ghandi

#9 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:06 PM

Got home at 2am and was still smiling! :D

However, if anyone knows who the handsome man was with the magic fingers...send him my way! After my first aid class and sitting most of the day, my shoulders could sure use a little...well, a whole lot more... of that man's touch! (Come on now...you guys don't really think I'd leave not knowing who he was, especially after the demonstration of skills... right?) :lmao:

Actually, there were three men with magic fingers last night. Wenchie, I think we need to give awards for men with magic fingers! BTH teased me shortly after arrival with a little scratch in a circular motion. Just before John showered the women with roses, :twist: he gave me a little taste of how the Platyspusman can make a woman feel. And then...when I heard Wenchie moaning (yes moaning) in response to Tony's magic fingers, I smiled and batted my eyelashes until I got a little "touch" from the sniperdiver for myself. :P

BTH was as charming and loveable as ever, though we thought best to forego the lap dances due to the mixed company (children present) at Dave & Busters. And uh....still no pink....uh...things! (I honestly think he's got them in his boxer drawer and puts them on now and again just for "fun.") :anna2:

Beach Bunny was wearing here "I love dirty rocker boys" shirt and taking numbers. Was that Cheyenne I saw dancing on the pole with Christy's rose between his teeth?

Cap'n Jack gave a sneak peak of the man outside the online forum...he's not just your mild mannered Clark Kent after all! TJ's got herself a wild one. :(

Trimix thought he'd sneak out early without saying goodbye, :teeth: so I made sure to ring his phone at 1am while driving home, and then again at 8am...just to make sure he didn't get any more sleep than I did!

Sophia was looking just as beautiful as ever! Who needs a glamour shot when you can look gorgeous all the time? Go girl!

It was really great to see and meet Narwhal, FishBob, Scubatooth, Larry and Pam, and anyone else I may have left out. :hiya:

And hey...we were even lucky enough to have both FinGrabber and the Wench present and having a great time! :P

Sea Urchin (Que) and Prairie Diver (Jay) ...sometimes two people just look like the belong together. Those are two of the kindest, sweetest and funnest people I've met. Can't wait to go on a trip with the both of them.

John was looking exceptionally handsome in a suit and tie - oh baby! "Girls go crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man!" (Shhh...don't tell Christy 'bout John or I'll have more explaining to do!) :o

As always, it was a really terrific Happy Hour. My only regret is that we can't do it every weekend! :lmao:

:teeth: Hurry up February - I'm ready for the next one! :wacko:

#10 ScubaGypsy

ScubaGypsy

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  • Cert Level:DM
  • Logged Dives:1500+

Posted 28 January 2006 - 10:33 PM

A special thanx to all the DFW SD's for making an Easterner feel down home! It was nice to meet everyone and put a real name and face together! I also very much enjoyed the Fiji videos, looked like a wonderful experience.

I actually did begin my trip back northeast with a stop at Clear Springs Scuba Park. I didn't get there until 3 pm because of the heavy rain this morning but still managed to get a dive in including through the "Shark"! The water was in the low 50's but the visibility was only a couple of feet. How do you all dive in such?? Actually it is a very nice park and in fairness, the fella at the gate informed me of the viz before I went in. Maybe next time I can get one of you DFW SDs to dive with me?

Thanx again for letting me join you, I really did enjoy meeting everyone. :teeth:

I'm in Arkansas now but my next "stop" is Indiana...............
The sea is everything........Its breath is pure and healthy. It is an immense desert, where man is never lonely, for he feels life stirring on all sides. The sea is only the embodiment of a supernatural and wonderful existence. It is nothing but love and emotion; it is the 'Living Infinite,' ..........

Capt. Nemo...........20,000 Leagues under the Sea

#11 Twinklez

Twinklez

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,350 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:200+

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:36 AM

That's it....that's who I left out! How could I forget Tom (ScubaGypsy) the tall blonde who drove all the way from Rhode Island. Yeah I know he was going to be here anyway for business, but hey it's nice to have folks from out of town show up! That way I don't feel so bad having to drive two hours to get there!

Tom, I'd be delighted to dive with you at Clear Springs on just about any weekend. The vis isn't always that bad. I'd say 10-15 is an average. After the rain, and in the spring when everything's in bloom the vis is terrible. It's not near so bad as Tyler State Park though...at our Trashfest last year I literally came out of the water with mud on my face!

Hope you can visit us again in the metroplex ... or anywhere we happen to be!

#12 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:46 AM

i wanna see a pic of kimmies new braces!

#13 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:54 AM

i wanna see a pic of kimmies new braces!

Well, I bet platypusman got that on film...he seems to get everything else that we don't want anyone to know about

though I do think he missed getting Wenchie's ice dance in Cozumel on film :birthday:

#14 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

Cap'n Jack gave a sneak peak of the man outside the online forum...he's not just your mild mannered Clark Kent after all! TJ's got herself a wild one. :birthday:

Just to alert everyone, especially the ladies. My evil twin Mike, who has been cast out of our family for a long list of lewd and lascivious acts, sometimes shows up where I am supposed to be.

Ignore his attempts to sully my unblemished reputation.

He is a scoundrel, a cad, and unfortunately is reputed to be one of the world's best wenchers.

Beware. I am not responsible for his priapism driven actions, and any resulting broken hearts, cute spawn or wrecked relationships.
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#15 BeachBunny

BeachBunny

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:55 PM

But scoundrels are fun!!!!!!!!!!

Ghandi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users