• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

Dive the Turn Blue Hole

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#46 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue / EFR
  • Logged Dives:200 +

Posted 19 April 2004 - 11:59 AM

Well, I will for sure be there. I'll drive out in the morning and be there by 7:30-8:00 am. I will, per DD's suggestion be staying at the Adobe. Looking forward to the afternoon dive at Perch as I have never done that before. See ya all there!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#47 DandyDon

DandyDon

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox / Scientific / Rescue / TDI Decompression
  • Logged Dives:351 dives, mostly ocean

Posted 20 April 2004 - 06:09 PM

Current forecast for Saturday is 71 - 30 degrees warmer than last time!! :-D

I'd convert that if we had any Canadians coming, but let's just say its warmer here than there...
What would Patton do...? Posted Image

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#48 coppermaus

coppermaus

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW, working on DM

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:10 AM

Current forecast for Saturday is 71 - 30 degrees warmer than last time!!

Yeeehaa! Gonna be beautiful! I love diving the Hole when it's not snowing. Seems almost tropical.

Very excited about meeting alla y'all, going diving, and dancing the night away at Joseph's! :hiya: :teeth: :angel2: :teeth: FUN FUN FUN! Haven't been dancing since the last trip to NM, and I'm ready!

Also can't wait to try out the new 7mm suit and vested hood, too. That means y'all won't get to see the look of a trapped wild animal on my face as two big DMs attempt to shove me into the other hooded suit I used to wear, and later, rip me out of it with all the trauma of delivering a baby (OK, maybe not ALL). That was the worst part about going diving -- well, that and freezing since the wetsuit was too big. Needless to say, I'm really excited about trying out the new stuff!

BTW, I know some folks may be diving at 8am on Saturday, but if you want to fit it in, the Boulder crowd meets for breakfast at Joseph's at 7am.

Hasta pronto!
:lmao:
coppermaus

#49 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:27 AM

So do those big DM's turn you upside down and put the suit on or just lift you over and in???? guess it doesnt matter as long as you get out of the snow! 6 inches in the Denver aerea yesterday! Wow I drove up and back there earlier this week. On the way back Wednesday it was slushing big time. I'm gonna get a couple runs in before the seasons over yet!

I'm ready to get wet so I'll see you all at the Hole on the morrow.

TankGirl....You still heading over? haven't heard from ya in a while. Hope you are. Look for me I'll be driving a red Jeep Cherokee still got the ski racks on top!
“There is no more unhappy thing than a man who has accomplished all his ends in life.â€

#50 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:38 AM

April is the cruelest month... :(

6 inches in the Denver area yesterday! Wow I drove up and back there earlier this week. On the way back Wednesday it was slushing big time.

Potentially bad news, y'all. Just got a call from my instructor saying that Raton Pass is closed. They've gotten 18" of snow down there, so we may not be able to get through. And even if they reopen it, so many students are bailing out that he may cancel the trip anyway. :o

Won't know til 1 or 2pm whether we can make it down. Thunderstorms in Santa Rosa now, but it's supposed to be lovely all weekend. Dangit!

:blink:
coppermaus

#51 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 10:49 AM

just strap a tank on and go under! It's just frozen water anyway! Major bummer. Hope ya make it anyway. If not I'll log some extra bottom time for ya.

#52 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:02 AM

That sucks, Darlin'. I hope it clears soon enough for you to be able to go. I'm always worried about snow in the passes blocking my way to the good sites all winter long.
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#53 coppermaus

coppermaus

• PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 11:37 AM

Newsflash! So we're going to attempt it. Looks like we've got 15 people willing to make the drive. Even though the pass is still closed at this point everyone thinks they'll open it before long. If not, it'll be a long way around. NM here we come!!

I'm heading out in about an hour, so if you're going to the Blue Hole, see you tomorrow! Talk to everyone else next week (back Tues). Have a great weekend of diving, wherever you're going!
:o
coppermaus

#54 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 12:12 PM

Raton Pass - 7700 feet elevation, which is why the Colorado divers have to watch their Time-To-Fly warnings before going home from Santa Rosa. Current temperature from one site is 29 F. Conditions from another site: Blowing Snow, Icy, Packed Snow - but when you live in the Denver/Boulder area, that shouldn't bother you? Colorado Springs is currently getting hit the worst, but it's Interstate. Everyone cheer for Coppermouse...! :lmao:

Diving Weather: Saturday to 63 F, and north winds will be broken by the cliff over The Hole, and the bluff over Perch. Sunday to 70 F. So much better than February, if we can all get there safely.

Heard that TankGirl is still coming Saturday morn, and that Cynthia is going in tonight, but I never know what women mean when their mouths make sounds...? :P Jer & I are leaving in 5 hours. ABQDiver & bud will be there in the morning.

And I have a new 7 mil suit, new 5 mil boots, good ol' neoprene gloves & beanie, 5 gallon insulated bucket for warm water, and a funnel to pour a quart down my back!! :lol:

Yeah I know: I've been branded a non-group person - doesn't play well with others. I am so upset. Posted Image Let me know if you want to have some fun, without the drama - I'm good for that.

#55 Walter

Walter

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,549 posts
  • Cert Level:Instructor
  • Logged Dives:4 digits

Posted 23 April 2004 - 03:34 PM

So we're going to attempt it. Looks like we've got 15 people willing to make the drive.

That is great news. I'm hoping the pass is clear before you get to it, that you have a great time diving and that everyone stays safe. Enjoy!
No single raindrop believes it is responsible for the flood.

DSSW,

WWW™

#56 Blublood

Blublood

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 721 posts

Posted 23 April 2004 - 09:07 PM

Three things I love.....diving, skiing and golfing.....wonder if the day will ever come when I can do all three in one day. I have been golfing and skiing and golfing and sailing ( a love but not top three....yet) but diving has yet t make it in a same day scenario...

See ya'all in the morning!

#57 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:50 PM

Three things I love.....diving, skiing and golfing.....wonder if the day will ever come when I can do all three in one day. I have been golfing and skiing and golfing and sailing ( a love but not top three....yet) but diving has yet t make it in a same day scenario...

Here's Gar in the Perch Lake submersible...

Attached Images

• Calf___May_04_006.jpg

#58 DandyDon

DandyDon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,340 posts

Posted 10 June 2004 - 05:50 PM

Here's Gar in the Perch Lake submersible...

Attached Images

• Calf___May_04_006.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users