• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: WHALESHARKS!!! Yes...we WILL see them in Holbox!!! Then off to Cozy!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#1 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,487 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 03 February 2006 - 07:32 AM

Oh My Gosh its WhaleSharks in Holbox!!! Holbox, Mexico July 14-16 and Cozumel July 17-23, 2006!! ONE SPOT COZUMEL ONLY!!!!

Join this fabulous diving excursion arriving in Cancun, driving to Southern Mexico to be whisked away to the unspoiled quiet island of Holbox (pronounced Olebosh) for 2 days of Whalesharks and Dolphin and Manta encounters and then its off to Cozumel via the Ferry for a week of diving in Paradise! From big animals to one of the most diverse marine environments...Mexico has it ALL!!! You can do just the Whaleshark encounter or just Cozumel or both! This will be a trip to remember! Two (2) full days of Whaleshark encounters in Holbox followed by 5 days of diving in Cozumel makes this a one of kind trip! But hurry...the whalesharks are practically guaranteed and the spots are very limited on the Whaleshark portion of the trip.

If you are seeking the ultimate shark diving adventure, then come join us swimming among whale sharks on an unspoiled Mexican Island. Better yet, how about very long encounters in an area where dozens of whale sharks and breaching manta rays come to feed on the plankton blooms at the edge of the Yucatan Peninsula? Hidden within the sleepy little fishing village of Holbox, Mexico is shark diving's Holy Grail. This is your opportunity to visit this rare gem of an island and experience the Mexican Island culture in a very simple and lovely setting as well as spend your mornings swimming with one of the most exciting sharks on the planet!

Holbox for $499* d/o or $649 s/o plus air to Cancun or Cozumel for $825** d/o, All Inclusive or $1155 s/o plus air to Cancun or Cozumel or BOTH $1324 d/o or $1804 s/o (less $50 discount if doing both trips and paid in full by March 1, 2006) and (see me for bulk and charter rates) you'll have a once in a lifetime opportunity to see so much marine life and WHALESHARKS!!! The Holbox trip is limited to 16 people and the Cozumel trip is limited to 20 people. Note: You can also do Cozumel for only 4nites/3days...see below for details!

(Please see below for full terms and conditions.)

Who's Going to Holbox:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX (pd - Holbox)
2. Ray aka Lattitude Adjustment - NJ (pd - Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
3. Buz aka AirHead - OK (pd - Holbox) - Private Room - Waiver/Survey
4. Mark aka CapnJack - TX (pd -Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
5. TJ aka Mark's Boss aka The Wife - TX (pd - Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
6. Carol aka sandiegocarol - CA (pd - Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
7. Trudy aka ScubaStory - TX (pd - Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
8. Scott aka Travelnsj - CA (pd/-Holbox) - Private Room - Waiver/survey
9. Lee aka lgrahamtx - TX (pd Holbox) - Arrive Cancun CO464 11:23AM - Waiver/Survey
10. Jeff aka seahorsewrangler - (pd Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
11. Mandi aka landlocked - (pd Holbox) - Waiver/Survey
12. Heidi aka Pocahantas - NJ (pd) - Waiver/Survey
13. Jerry aka NCMasterDiver - NC (pd) - Arrive Cancun 1 day early - Waiver/Survey
14. Liz aka DrScubachick - CA (pd) - Arrive Cancun 1 day early - Waiver/Survey
15. Karen aka ScubaDawg - CA (pd) - Arrive Cancun 1 day early - Waiver ONLY
16. Jeff aka divewire - VA (pd) - Waiver/Survey
17. Jules aka Sqzmee - FL (pd) Holbox only - Waiver/Survey

Who's Going to Cozumel ONLY 8 ROOMS!!!:

1. Kamala aka Wreck Wench - Dallas, TX (pd - Cozumel for 6nites/5days) - Waiver/Survey
2. Ray aka Lattitude Adjustment - NJ (pd - Cozumel for 6nites/5days) - Waiver/Survey
3. Buz aka AirHead - OK - (pd - Cozumel for 6nites/5days) - Private Room??? - Waiver/Survey
4. Mark aka CapnJack - TX (dep - Cozumel for 6nites/5days) - Waiver/Survey
5. Carol aka sandiegocarol - CA (pd - Cozumel for ?nites/?days) - Waiver/Survey
6. Trudy aka ScubaStory - TX (pd -Cozumel for 6nites/5days) - Waiver/Survey
7. Scott aka Travelnsj - CA (pd - Cozumel for 6nites/5 days) - Private Room - Waiver/Survey
8. Lee aka lgrahamtx - TX (pd Cozumel (6nites/5days) - Waiver/Survey
9. Kevin aka kkutexas - (pd - 6nites/5 days) - Waiver/Survey
10. Nancy aka ScubaDuba - (pd -6nites/5 days) - Waiver/Survey
11. Heidi aka Pocahantas - NJ (pd) - Waiver/Survey
12. Jerry aka NCMasterDiver - NC (pd) - Waiver/Survey
13. Liz aka DrScubachick - CA (pd) - Waiver/Survey
14. Karen aka ScubaDawg - CA (pd) - Waiver ONLY
15. Jeff aka divewire - VA (pd) - Waiver/Survey

Check's In The Mail:

Waiting List:

FINAL VAN ARRANGEMENTS in Cancun:

We will all congregate at 1:20pm Friday July 14th outside the Cancun airport at the exit area for a 1:30 van departure. Look for van drivers with SingleDivers.com & Kamala signs. They will have a list of all passengers and check you off as we pick you up. We will need to be creative in loading the vans with all our luggage but it will work out fine!

Holbox Availability Update:

SD honors a first come and first served premise that is driven by posting in our community. Once a trip appears to have filled up from the "My Check is in the Mail" and the confirmed deposits/pymnts we will open an official waiting list for the trip. As openings occur or deposit checks are not received, we'll open up the Waiting List for trip participants.

Please note that while you may send pm and email requests for availability, the official availability is always available in the main trip post. Thank You! -ww

Trip Instructor:
Trip Videographer:

Here is the full information on the trip:

TEMPS & CONDITIONS:

The weather in Mexico is remarkably consistent year-round. The temperatures range in the high 80's during this time of year and the water temps are in the mid 80's making this truly diving in paradise.

AIRFARE:

Due to Hurricane Wilma, full charter and flight service has been slow to resume. I'm waiting on some bulk air and charter air confirmations and I'll post them when I get them. Otherwise you are more than welcome to make your own arrangements.

ARRIVAL:

If doing both Holbox and Cozumel plan to fly into Cancun and arrive no later than 12:30 noon. We'll be picked up at the Cancun airport and shuttled to the ferry that takes us to the island of Holbox.

If only doing Holbox you'll need to fly in and out of Cancun and if only doing Cozumel, you can fly in and out of either Cozumel or Cancun.

July 14th Arrive in Cancun and travel to Holbox
July 15 & 16th Whaleshark and Manta and Dolphin encounters
July 17 Travel to Cancun airport or Cozumel
July 18 Dive in Cozumel
July 19 Dive in Cozumel
July 20 Dive in Cozumel
July 21 Dive in Cozumel
July 22 Dive in Cozumel
July 23 Depart Cozumel

WHAT YOU'LL SEE:

Suddenly, excited hoops and hollers echoed across the water. The surface boiled, while as many as sixty whale sharks, moved slowly, mouths agape, through the plankton rich waters. Entering the water directly in a whale shark’s path, I peered into its approaching mouth. A few feet away, its eyes appeared to check me
out (though that may be anthropomorphic). Some fed in circles, giving me a second or even a third encounter, where I could see attached remoras dining on parasites. Schools of sardines, a frenetic bait ball breaking the surface, gobbled anything escaping the gaping mouth. Cobia, playing the roles of pilot fish, kept pace with the shark’s strong strokes. Two of us would slide into the 79-degree water with one or two whale sharks to observe and photograph them. Visibility ranged from 25-30 feet, enough to give me a great view, but not enough to capture the shark’s full length with my digital and video equipment. I made at least half a dozen entries, lasting up to fifteen minutes each. As two of us came out, the mate helped us up a side ladder as the boat idled. We never had to wait to find the next whale shark.

HOLBOX $499 d/o or $649 s/o PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 3 nights/2 days snorkeling with Whalesharks, Mantas & Dolphins in a double occupancy room on the island
• SD Famous 'Meet & Greet Get To Know Everyone' Parties
• Lunch on the boat each day of snorkeling
• 2 snorkel dives daily
• Transfers from Cancun airport or the Cancun Ferry Station to Holbox and back
• Water Ferry to the island and back
• Taxis to hotel and boat and back
• SD T-Shirt commemorating the trip!

HOLBOX PACKAGES DO NOT INCLUDE:

• Airfare (at this time)
• Food other than lunch on the boat
• Rental, instruction and retail charges
• Crew gratuities
• Trip Cancellation Insurance

HOLBOX SINGLE SUPPLEMENT:

The Single Room Rate is $50 more per night.

COZUMEL 6 Night/5 Day $825 d/o or $1155 s/o PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• INCLUDED in 6nite/5 day ALL INCLUSIVE Land ONLY package:
• 6 nights at the newly rebuilt beautiful Casa del Mar beach resort
• 5 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics Dive Operation on premises
• Unlimited Shore Diving...easy and beautiful!
• Airport transfers to and from airport and hotel
• All taxes included
• $2 per day diving park fees included
• Free Day of Arrival Shore Diving
• Welcome Cocktail
• SD.com famous *Meet & Greet* parties
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours
• SD.com signature t-shirt
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners as available
Meals: Meals are included including alcohol. We will do most of our meals at the hotel however several nights we will have the option of eating in town at one of Cozy'd world renown restaurants.

NOT Included in Cozumel Package:

• Additional boat dives.
• Airfare out of your local city. (Call/email for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city! We hope to have charter air shortly.)

COZUMEL SINGLE SUPPLEMENT:

The Single Room Rate is $55 more per night.

COZUMEL 4 Night/3 Day $625 d/o or $845 s/o PACKAGE INCLUDES:

• 4 nights at the beautiful newly remodeled Casa del Mar beach resort
• 3 days diving 2 tanks dives with Del Mar Aquatics Dive Operation on premises
• Unlimited Shore Diving…easy and beautiful!
• Airport transfers to and from airport and hotel
• All taxes included
• $2 per day diving park fees included
• Free Day of Arrival Shore Diving
• Welcome Cocktail
• SD.com famous *Meet & Greet* parties
• Daily SD.com H20 Happy Hours
• SD.com signature t-shirt
• Diving Gifts and Giveaways from various SD Vendor Partners where available
Meals: Meals are included including alcohol. We will do most of our meals at the hotel however several nights we will have the option of eating in town at one of Cozy'd world renown restaurants.

NOT Included in Cozumel Package:

1. Additional boat dives.
2. Airfare out of your local city. (Call/email for BULK or CHARTER airfare from YOUR city! See flight details below for DFW group flight.)

COZUMEL SINGLE SUPPLEMENT:

The Single Room Rate is $55 more per night.

DISCOUNTS:

• $25 Mail In Rebate for SD premier or charter membership (only one whether doing Holbox and/or Cozumel) (Click here for the form & details!
• Early Bird discount of $50 if doing both trips and paid in full by 3/1/06
• Price includes cash discount. Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

PAYMENT OPTIONS:

Please add 3% if paying via paypal or credit card.

If paying via paypal go to www.PayPal.com and send payment to kamala@singledivers.com Be sure to include your address, contact number and screen name in the details section.

If paying via check or money order, please send payment to:

Kamala Shadduck
SingleDivers.com
3957 Gaspar Ste#200
Dallas, TX 75220
214-350-7003
kamala@singledivers.com

If paying via credit card (Visa, MC, Diners) download the SD Credit Card Authorization Form, complete and fax to 214-350-2558. Click here for the form.

PAYMENT TERMS & SCHEDULE:

ASAP: $200 deposit required to reserve a spot on either trip or $300 if doing both.

PROGRESS PAYMENTS HOLBOX:

a. $200 Deposit or $300 if doing both trips due at booking
b. March 14, 2006: $250
c. May 14, 2006: $45 if doing only Holbox

PROGRESS PAYMENTS COZUMEL:

a. $200 due at booking or $300 if doing both trips
b. March 14, 2006: $400
c. May 14, 2006: $225 if doing only Cozumel

Note: Trip must be paid in full 60 days prior to departure.

Hotel Information:

Casa del Mar Resort is an all-inclusive 2 star resort situated across the street from the beach, two miles from downtown San Miguel, and approximately 2.5 miles from Cozumel Airport. This location is also a few minutes by boat to all of the island's main reefs and right in front of excellent shore diving!

The property's amenities include the one swimming pool, Jacuzzi, tennis court, gym, gift shop, dive shop, and beach club with private pier. The property is home to a hacienda-style restaurant, and snack bar by the pool with exclusive swim up pool bar. Hotel services include room service, full-service dive center, car and scooter rental, medical services, money exchange, FREE Lobby Internet access, and valet laundry service. The all-inclusive plan covers all meals and snacks, unlimited domestic drinks, daily activities, non-motorized watersports (kayaks and snorkeling equipment), free scuba demos in the pool, bicycle tours, nightly entertainment, and all taxes and tips.

All rooms feature terraces, air-conditioning, cable TV, telephones, bathtubs and showers, and safety deposit box (free of charge).

Hotel Amenities• Babysitting services
• Baggage Check
• Business Center
• Beach - Across the road from a private beach
• Courtesy room
• Gift Shop
• Hot tub/Jacuzzi
• Laundry facilities - Valet , fees may apply
• Lounges/Bars - 1
• Pets Allowed - contact hotel for restrictions
• Restaurants on premises -1
• Room service - limited service
• Safety deposit box - complimentary
• Swim-up pool bar

Recreation:
• Activities desk/Concierge
• Game Room/Arcade
• Moped rental - fees may apply
• Swimming pools - 0 indoor, 1 outdoor, 0 children's
• Tennis courts - fees may apply
• Water sports available on premises - Additional fee for motorized sports
• Onsite Full Service Dive Shop
• Boat pick up at the dock at the Dive Shop

Location/Transportation:
• Downtown location - 2 miles from downtown or $3 taxi
• Miles from airport – 2.5
• Miles from beach - Across the street from the beach, accessible by a Private walkway:• Parking
Beach Club with private pier

PLEASE obtain trip insurance...it is VERY inexpensive and will protect your investment. You can purchase it right online as well as check quotes etc. It is very economical and averages about $77 for this trip.

Trip Insurance Information:

Click here for free trip insurance quote and/or to buy it online.

1. You can obtain trip insurance for the Land package price or add in your airfare even if not obtaining the air via SD.com.
2. You can add an additional waiver for Supplier Default which means if the airline or the hotel or SD.com goes out of business before your trip that you are protected as long as you buy your insurance within 24 hours of your last payment.
3. You can add an additional waiver for Pre-Existing Condition exclusion which means if you have an active pre-existing condition it will be waived should it flare up and cause you problems on your trip as long as you buy your insurance within 24 hrs of your last payment.
4. If you do not desire 'pre-existing condition or supplier default insurance' you may purchase trip insurance up to 24hrs before departure!
5. This insurance can be used for diving as well as non-diving vacations. This insurance has medical coverage that does not exclude snorkeling and diving.

Initial Trip Deposit Date = Use April 1 as your trip insurance deposit date.

This plan also includes:

Emergency Assistance Services
CSA's comprehensive Emergency Assistance Services are included with each policy. The services include pre-travel advice, medical and legal referral, emergency cash transfer, lost ticket and passport assistance, and emergency prescription refill assistance.

Attached Images

• whalesharks2.jpg
  • holbox_map.gif
  • helados1.jpg
  • holbox.jpg
  • holbox_home2.jpg
  • holbox_beach_veiw.jpg
  • Tiburon_Ballena04.jpg
  • whalesharks1.jpg
  • Tiburon_Ballena07.jpg
  • holbox_island_view.jpg

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#2 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 03 February 2006 - 10:45 AM

I'm in for both, I need a better picture than this of a whale shark. Good a reason as any I guess to go back to Coz :diver: :dazzler: :birthday:
Posted Image
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#3 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:02 AM

:P i am going! and will be there for both...I'll do some additional research about Holbox and post it for everyone. From what I understand this is like the area off western Australia and Holbox was just discovered a few years ago...also I hear Holbox has some of the best Ice Cream made on this planet!

Can't wait :birthday: :dazzler: :diver:
You must endeavor to pursue!

#4 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts
  • Board Status:thinkin' about diving
  • Cert Level:DM; TDI Adv Nitrox and Deco Procedures
  • Logged Dives:1200 ish

Posted 03 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

I'm in for both, I need a better picture than this of a whale shark. Good a reason as any I guess to go back to Coz :flower: :flower: :D
Posted Image

I have added you to "checks in the mail!"

:P i am going! and will be there for both...I'll do some additional research about Holbox and post it for everyone. From what I understand this is like the area off western Australia and Holbox was just discovered a few years ago...also I hear Holbox has some of the best Ice Cream made on this planet!

Can't wait :birthday: :dazzler: :diver:

Scott,

you're on the "checks in the mail list" too!!

I know this is going to be one of the trips of the year!

#5 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:45 PM

Wow, you've been busy today!!! Obviously arriving in the AM on the 14th will be difficult for anyone far away. Can you tell me what the schedule for the bulk flights for just the Holbox part are? I'm not sure which would be better, to fly in and out of Dallas or straight to Cancun. Airfare's not real cheap from SDF to Cancun.

Also, would we be able to do a partial Coz (like 2 days Coz) if we did single room supplement or filled a room?

Thanks!!

#6 BradfordNC

BradfordNC

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 815 posts
  • Cert Level:certifi-what?
  • Logged Dives:2 and 1/2

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:04 PM

dang, this looks like a great trip.

WW, any info on cave or cenote diving while in Coz? i know its there, but any chance of doing it?

:P :D :diver:
OK, lets make a deal. If you stop telling me how to dive, I'll stop going down to the bus station at 2am to slap d***s out of your mouth.

#7 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:29 PM

Wow, you've been busy today!!! Obviously arriving in the AM on the 14th will be difficult for anyone far away. Can you tell me what the schedule for the bulk flights for just the Holbox part are? I'm not sure which would be better, to fly in and out of Dallas or straight to Cancun. Airfare's not real cheap from SDF to Cancun.

Also, would we be able to do a partial Coz (like 2 days Coz) if we did single room supplement or filled a room?

Thanks!!

Since WW has already left town, let me try to answer some questions.

The earliest regularly scheduled air into Cancun is American, arriving at 1230pm. I do know there is now bulk air that gets there earlier

And I suspect we could do an add-on for ya'll for a few days in Coz.

I'll be calling Kamala tonight and will add this to my list of questions

Thanks!

Kim

WW, any info on cave or cenote diving while in Coz? i know its there, but any chance of doing it?

:P :D :diver:

I'll talk with WW tonight and will add this to my list of questions!

Kim

#8 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 03:30 PM

Thanks!!

:P I am spending the night in Dallas and flying the next day 14th on AA #315 9:35 am arriving 12:30 in Cancun...The reason for being there in the late morning or very early afternoon is we have about 2 1/2 to 3 hour drive to catch the ferry to Holbox and the last one is in the late afternoon...but the ferry schedule is what it is....when Kamala gets back I am assured she might have one later Van.....you do not want to miss a day of swimming with these wonderful...Sharks

Edited by Travelnsj, 03 February 2006 - 03:32 PM.

#9 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 04:04 PM

:cool2: Here is a writeup from one lady who loved her time in Holbox.

The whale shark experience ... I don't know how it could have been better ... perhaps if they moved just a little bit slower! We had three great days of interaction with the whale sharks. We saw lot's every day! My daughter got terrific video footage for her school project and I got lots of photos. We were even treated to Manta Rays on two of the days ... lots of those, too!

Also in Kamala's "What you will see" is from a gentleman who travels the world diving and discovered Holbox 2 years ago last August.

Also I believe Kamala and Kim met someone at a recent Happy hour in Dallas who was there last year...and she made similiar statements about how great swimming with the Whalesharks are! hopefully she will join the board and do a report of her experience!

This will be an incredible trip! :wakawaka:

#10 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:00 PM

Thanks!!

Hey Mandi!

I just talked to WW; she can do the Holbox weekend and then 2 or so days in Cozumel if ya'll want; she will nail down the per night pricing for ya'll when she's back in Dallas

Also, I asked about bulk airfare from SDFl; she will have to check on that for you

Kim

#11 landlocked

landlocked

People are starting to get to know me

• PipPipPipPip
  • 336 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW
  • Logged Dives:200

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:08 PM

Hey Mandi!

I just talked to WW; she can do the Holbox weekend and then 2 or so days in Cozumel if ya'll want; she will nail down the per night pricing for ya'll when she's back in Dallas

Also, I asked about bulk airfare from SDFl; she will have to check on that for you

Kim

Thanks Kim! This is making a tough decision: TFG or Holbox. I don't know that I could do both, but I'd sure like to. We'll see :wakawaka:

#12 finGrabber

finGrabber

I need to get a life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,276 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:09 PM

:wakawaka: :cool2: :birthday:

There is cave/cavern diving in Akumal and WW can set that up for you. She set up cavern diving for ScubaHawk and captsteve when we were in Cozumel in January and they both had a blast!

Kim

#13 captsteve

captsteve

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 509 posts
  • Cert Level:aow/nitrox
  • Logged Dives:absolutly no idea

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:22 PM

:wakawaka: :cool2: :birthday:

There is cave/cavern diving in Akumal and WW can set that up for you. She set up cavern diving for ScubaHawk and captsteve when we were in Cozumel in January and they both had a blast!

Kim

that was a great dive!.... "two eyes".........hawk called it a "hat" dive, and would do it again.... the guide did a great job.....

#14 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 08:27 PM

Thanks Kim! This is making a tough decision: TFG or Holbox. I don't know that I could do both, but I'd sure like to. We'll see :cool2:

:wakawaka: Mandi one reason I am excited about doing Holbox is that it is just being discovered...In a couple of years....they may chase the Whalesharks away...although this last year they issued rules as to how many boats can be in the area and how many people at one time can be in the water with one Whaleshark...If I was a Liveaboard person I would do both trips...But this unique experience with the Whalesharks...there are not many places in the world that these gentle giants hang out in the numbers they are seen...I gotta do it before prices go through the roof!

Edited by Travelnsj, 03 February 2006 - 09:11 PM.

#15 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 03 February 2006 - 09:48 PM

I've got to look at my schedule but I'm going to try to do this trip. I think Scott is right, do this before it gets discovered and possibly ruined.

I'm going to look at flights and I'll let you know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users