• These forums are for "after booking" trip communications, socializing, and/or trip questions ONLY.
  • You will NOT be able to book a trip, buy add-ons, or manage your trip by logging in here. Please login HERE to do any of those things.

Photo

2006: WHALESHARKS!!! Yes...we WILL see them in Holbox!!! Then off to Cozy!

• Please log in to reply
281 replies to this topic

#61 rkymtwy

rkymtwy

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
  • Cert Level:AOW / Nitrox
  • Logged Dives:250+

Posted 09 February 2006 - 09:26 PM

Wish I had know about the later option before booking my flight. I could have flown out of Denver that morning instead for having to leave the day before and spend the night in Dallas. These types of things would be good to know for future trips.

Also I'm good with paying for the 6 days, but I would like the opportunity to be able to do the dives I'm paying for, maybe some afternoon dives. I have to be at work Monday morning and can't get home late on Sunday evening that't why I'm leaving on Sat.

#62 WreckWench

WreckWench

Founder? I didn't know we lost her!

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts
  • Cert Level:DM & Technical certs
  • Logged Dives:5000+

Posted 09 February 2006 - 10:50 PM

Wish I had know about the later option before booking my flight. I could have flown out of Denver that morning instead for having to leave the day before and spend the night in Dallas. These types of things would be good to know for future trips.

Also I'm good with paying for the 6 days, but I would like the opportunity to be able to do the dives I'm paying for, maybe some afternoon dives. I have to be at work Monday morning and can't get home late on Sunday evening that't why I'm leaving on Sat.

We are not certain we can do a later van...we are checking on it. You are welcome to stay with me or Que in Dallas to save on hotel my dear!

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!
SD LEGACY/OLD/MANUAL Forms & Documents.... here !

Click here TO PAY for Merchandise, Membership, or Travel
"Imitation is the sincerest flattery." - Gandhi
"Imitation is proof that originality is rare." - ScubaHawk
SingleDivers.com...often imitated...never duplicated!

Kamala Shadduck c/o SingleDivers.com LLC
2234 North Federal Hwy, #1010 Boca Raton, FL 33431
formerly...
710 Dive Buddy Lane; Salem, SC 29676
864-557-6079 tel/celfone/office or tollfree fax 888-480-0906

#63 Capn Jack

Capn Jack

I spend too much time on line

• Professional
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,994 posts
  • Board Status:Working to fund the next trip
  • Cert Level:YMCA in 65, dove till 79, returned in 2002... now will work for air and/or beer as a DM
  • Logged Dives:not enough

Posted 10 February 2006 - 01:36 PM

We are not certain we can do a later van...we are checking on it.

First flight we can get on the 14th arrives 12:08pm
Returning from CUN (for tj on the 17th) the flight leaves at 1pm.

will these work with the vans?
No aquarium, no tank in a marine land, however spacious it may be, can begin to duplicate the conditions of the sea. And no dolphin who inhabits one of those aquariums or one of those marine lands can be considered normal.
Jacques Yves Cousteau

#64 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 07:02 PM

We are not certain we can do a later van...we are checking on it.

First flight we can get on the 14th arrives 12:08pm
Returning from CUN (for tj on the 17th) the flight leaves at 1pm.

will these work with the vans?

Ok we need 3 hours for local transport plus 2 hours at the Mexican airport before your flight so that is 5 hours total we need to factor in. That being said if we leave at 8am that accommodates a 1pm flight. So I would not take any earlier flights unless you want to bribe everyone else on the trip to get up early!! :hiya:

Contact me directly at Kamala@SingleDivers.com for your private or group travel needs or 864-557-6079 AND don't miss SD's 2018-2021 Trips! ....here! Most are once in a lifetime opportunities...don't miss the chance to go!!

formerly...

#65 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:46 PM

Ray got your deposit! Thanks!

Ok hearing no other input...please do not make any outbound flights from Cancun earlier than 1pm. Thanks -ww

formerly...

#66 Latitude Adjustment

Latitude Adjustment

I spend too much time on line

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,658 posts
  • Cert Level:EanX
  • Logged Dives:600+

Posted 18 February 2006 - 09:21 AM

I got an e-mail a few days ago from a LDS, one of the trips listed was Coz/Holbox so I called to do a little comparison shopping; They want $999 for the Cozumel portion and the Holbox part is TBA, she seemed surprised I even knew about Holbox.
So people are learning about Holbox, if you want to do it before it gets over developed this is the trip! :blush2: :-D
I, Latitude Adjustment (insert log in name), do hereby swear, (politely), that I shall not hold SingleDivers, (SD), nor any SD poster, (real or imagined), liable, nor shall I seek legal restitution, (real or imagined), for any perceived, (real or imagined), offenses I may incur, (or Incurrrrrrrrrr on talk like a pirate day), that may or may not be posted on this or any SCUBA related board, (real or imagined), by anyone, (real or imagined), anywhere, (real or imagined). Further, I void any right to privacy, (real or imagined), as it may, or may not relate to any posting, (real or imagined), about me, to me, for me, because of me, all about me, my dog, my cat, my bird, my monkey, my family, (real or imagined), my friends, (real or imagined), or my world, (real or imagined).

By all that is wet, I do hereby swear, (politely), and attest, upon pain of never diving again, (real or imagined), that I understand and affirm, that I agree to the above.

_________________________________________(log in name signature)
Signed and Dated

#67 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 10:26 AM

:lmao: Ray...this was written up about two and a half years ago by Undercurrent. Kamala and I started to discuss this about 6 months ago or so. Holbox has always been just an unknown little vacation spot. Since Ben Davidson's discovery of Holbox for WhaleSharks in 2004 people are beginning to flock to it. In fact I just got the January issue of Undercurrent and Holbox is written up again. With a readers report from 2005....This time there were not 1 or 2 boats with the sharks there were quite a few, as these fisherman for two months a year have become WhaleShark guides. In the 2005 reports the Big Mantas were there with the WhaleSharks. Mexico has acted very quickly and put in effect rules to swimming with these giants. In fact the lady who did the write up apologized for having to push herself off of one of these giants to escape the Mouth! "He says it is still as good as it Gets"

We are going at the first part of the season...and hopefully before the crowd is there and I fear in a few years the prices will skyrocket and be very regulated to get there.

The price Kamala has gotten is very good....as the original pricing was more for Holbox as your local LDS has for Cozumel. She did a lot of work to insure we have an Air conditioned hotel...nothing fancy....and is still making sure we have the best guide....at a price you cannot get anywhere else!....There may also be diving available but it is offered very rarely and only under certain conditions.....I am checking into now.

This will be an unforgettable trip...WhaleSharks, Mantas, Pink Flamingos etc etc. :-D :blush2:

Edited by Travelnsj, 18 February 2006 - 08:36 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

#68 Guest_Sea Urchin_*

Guest_Sea Urchin_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2006 - 11:11 AM

The hotels in Holbox listed no diving available. This location was also listed last year in Scuba Diving (old Rodales) magazine. The boat operators said that whalesharks are there between June and September. I was thinking of going there earlier in the week and join y'all for the week-end since I have that whole week off but not the following week in Cozymel.

#69 Travelnsj

Travelnsj

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 18 February 2006 - 01:38 PM

:-D Que.....I have found only one Resort that has diving and that depends on visibility and calm waters...I have an e-mail out to them now....and will feel lucky to get a response.....I do not believe there are many dive operators...maybe they are the only one.

If you are going to be there before us perhaps you could scout it out....I think it may ony be an outside chance to go diving.....but would be great if we could do it....since Kamala has made sure we are bringing our dive gear.

Edited by Travelnsj, 18 February 2006 - 04:37 PM.

You must endeavor to pursue!

#70 Hummingbird

Hummingbird

Getting started

• Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Cert Level:OW
  • Logged Dives:12

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

I read this fast but I would be very interested in learning if I could come onto this trip late. I already committed to a trip to Tuscany and won't be back in the States until the 17th. Hey, it is a business trip...sort of...wait...any IRS dudes reading this? Yeah, yeah - - its a business trip - - strictly business...

#71 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 12:55 AM

I read this fast but I would be very interested in learning if I could come onto this trip late. I already committed to a trip to Tuscany and won't be back in the States until the 17th. Hey, it is a business trip...sort of...wait...any IRS dudes reading this? Yeah, yeah - - its a business trip - - strictly business...

Absolutely you can join us late...could you join us the 18th? That would be awesome to have you catch the back end with us in Cozumel! The diving will be perfect for you...very easy and relaxed along with a great group of new friends...it doesn't get any better than this! Kamala

formerly...

#72 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 February 2006 - 02:47 PM

Kamala, Kim, and all!! I would really love to do the Holbox section of this trip... if it is not already full. I am dying to see a whale shark, and it would be lovely to see everyone again. But I have significant logistical problems. I am supposed to be in Maui the 16th for a conference, and already had reservations at the hotel to check in on the 15th which I can change. I can see skipping the first half of Monday the 17th ( well since classes only go to noon, I guess I would be skipping that whole day :cheerleader: , but if at all possible, I would prefer not to. It is kind of an important topic. Being on the West Coast, it would be more difficult to get to Cancun by 1230 on the 14th, but I am sure I can manage that. Is there any possibility of leaving Holbox on Sunday 16th after the snorkel dives, or would that be too difficult to arrange? Because maybe then I could fly straight to Maui from Cancun on Sunday and still make it in time for my Monday classes with the time difference.

Please let me know, and put me on the list. As soon as I hear from you, I will confirm and send payment.

Thanks a lot
Rosa

#73 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 03:06 PM

Hey girl...since its Sunday I'll have to do some checking for you and I will. But we'll have to arrange private transport for you back a day early which will be costly. Kim will check to see if you can get any flights out of Cancun to Maui for you. She is SUPER when it comes to finding airfare either by price or by schedule! -ww

formerly...

#74 WreckWench

WreckWench

• Owner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 53,591 posts

Posted 19 February 2006 - 06:19 PM

Payment Update:

I've rec'd checks from:

Mark aka CapnJack & TJ aka Mark's Boss aka 'The Wife' (deposits)
Carla aka Rkymtwy (deposit)
Ray aka Latitude Adjustment (deposit)

Thanks to all and we still have spots on this trip! Tell your friends as they won't last long!

Also I have extra rooms for 3 people to upgrade to a single room...the rooms are small but that is the price you pay for AIR CONDITIONING in July!

formerly...

#75 Divegirl412

Divegirl412

Everyone knows me

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 817 posts
  • Cert Level:Rescue
  • Logged Dives:500+

Posted 19 February 2006 - 07:29 PM

Kamala, I am definitely leaning towards skipping class on Monday to make the trip. Scott also tells me that leaving Sunday would be very difficult and quite expensive. I would just try to fly Cancun to Maui or come back home to San Diego, pick up change of luggage (and dive gear) :D and then head for Maui. I am planning for my usual in Holbox, a single room :D , so count me in for one of those.

Starting to get excited!! Oh the planning this will take.

Scott, thanks for the added info. I agree this is a must do! Emailed you back. Will let you know how plans progress.

Rosa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users